• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#21 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 02:28 PM

I'm not post fapping anything or trying to do anything else other than to say, it's one thing to criticize nashville for not knowing about hockey but doing it by using references to an entire block people (some of them being wings fans,...example...."southern wings fan has more posts than any of us combined") is a little silly.

My post was not meant to insult southern people. It was more of a jab at Preds fans.

Fisher will play a similar role that they envisioned Arnott playing when they had him. He couldn't seem to stay healthy. Plus they won't have any trouble signing him long term that's for sure. I think Fisher is a good player. But not the difference between winning a Cup and not winning one.
Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#22 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 02:56 PM

Ehh. Is Fisher, besides fighting, a huge upgrade over Filppula? Is Fil worth even a 1st and 3rd?

I'm gonna say it. I think Nashville, without Mike Fisher, is the team I least want to play in the first round. I believe they'd beat us.

Well Fisher is a solid hitter, can fight and has proven he can put up 25 goals. He is at least on par defensively with Filpulla, and his goal totals are much better then Flips.

The first round pick will be late first, and if they make it past the second round it will have been worth aquiring him.

So yeah I think this is a fairly even trade

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#23 achildr1

achildr1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,009 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 03:26 PM

Well Fisher is a solid hitter, can fight and has proven he can put up 25 goals. He is at least on par defensively with Filpulla, and his goal totals are much better then Flips.

The first round pick will be late first, and if they make it past the second round it will have been worth aquiring him.

So yeah I think this is a fairly even trade

Ill buy that. Poile is a smart feller, done well with them. Except maybe Brendan Witt for a 1st round pick.

#24 mjlegend

mjlegend

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 03:29 PM

He has two fights a year. It's not really that big a part of his game. No one goes, "Oh, s***, here comes Fisher to settle the score."

I like his defensive abilities and his faceoff skills, although that percentage dropped this year. He is a strong factor when he feels like it (13 goals, 32 points in 78 games two years ago). He wasn't the key factor in their 2007 Cup run. If Fisher's "proved" he can score 25 goals (he's done it once and has 22-23 three times in 11 years in the league), then Cheechoo has "proved" he can score 56.

At this rate, just imagine what the price tag would be for Spezza. Three firsts?

#25 Original-Six

Original-Six

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 03:36 PM

Are people upset because they actually thought Kenny was going to pull off a trade?

#26 Dimaline312000

Dimaline312000

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 04:03 PM

I knew that chick was gonna be trouble.

#27 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,704 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 04:07 PM

My post was not meant to insult southern people. It was more of a jab at Preds fans.

You're a spray-and-pray kind of person, huh?

#28 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 04:11 PM

Wow, a first for this guy? Holy overpayment, Batman!

#29 wingnut40

wingnut40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 04:30 PM

Yeah, I hear the Senators got Dierks Bentley and Jason Aldean and a session musician to be named later. I hear Blake Shelton is now making noises about being traded to Dallas. ;)
Go rest high on that mountain, cause son your work on Earth is done. Go to Heaven a'shouting love for the Father and the Son. Ruslan Salei, Brad McCrimmon, Stefan Liv, Pavol Demitra, and the entire Lokomotiv team.

#30 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 04:39 PM

It seems that some people are so eager for Holland to make a trade, they actually approve Holland handing out draft picks like candy on Halloween day.

Holland said in an interview a few years ago (2007/08?) that draft picks in the NU-NHL are gold to long term success. Basically stating that draft picks are more valuable than everything.

He's been true to his word, and rightfully so. If a move is made, I hope it's an Eaves, Hudler, Miller, Kindl, Ericsson, Mursak, Emmerton, Bertuzzi, Modano, and maybe even a Helm, or Abdelkader (if they get something really good in return like a Weber or Kesler) over letting a 1st round draft pick slip away.

But with that 1st round pick, Holland has a chance to draft a Weber or a Kesler type player. Glad Holland is thinking about the future instead of just thinking about February 2011.

Edited by Heaten, 10 February 2011 - 04:39 PM.

#31 Hank Dats 'N Homer

Hank Dats 'N Homer

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 04:40 PM

Are people upset because they actually thought Kenny was going to pull off a trade?

I think people are more upset at the fact that a division rival has gotten better with the aquisition and the Wings are in the same boat we have been in since the begining of the year.

I dont think anyone thought he was coming here, but, as a big Mike Fisher fan, im still a bit upset that he was on the move and it wasnt to Detroit. But mostly just upset about the fact that our divisional rival, that has been giving us fits the last few seasons, just got better before the trade deadline.

#32 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,420 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 04:58 PM

Glad the Fisher talk is over and he is not on the Wings, glad to see him go drop the average for Nash.

i actually am a closet fan of the Blue Jackets, and really like Rick Nash. Not that i think he would ever be traded here from the BJ's in a million years, but are there any rumors that he may be on the trade block?

#33 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 05:04 PM

Preds just got stronger, I think it's a great move for there team. He's going to help them when they're in the playoffs.. That being said, I think a bit steep for Fisher
IPB Image

#34 Original_6

Original_6

Jr. Prospect

• 26 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 05:12 PM

Preds just got stronger, I think it's a great move for there team. He's going to help them when they're in the playoffs.. That being said, I think a bit steep for Fisher

Not so sure Fisher will fix the Preds 1st round hex, I think the Sens got screwed in this deal...even if they are in rebuild mode.

Deja vu...same thing Wayne Gretzky did going from Oilers to Kings because of his wife and her career.

#35 miksteri

miksteri

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 05:30 PM

Rinne alone is enough to beat the wings. Thank god for the swedish goalies in the Wings system, worth their weight in s......

#36 PredsFanTheBayouState

PredsFanTheBayouState

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 05:38 PM

great move by the preds,i had a feeling that fisher would be traded to nashville eventually.

mike and carrie will no longer have a long-distance marriage and fisher doesn't have to worry about house hunting ,since carrie already has a home in the exclusive gated community of Governor's Club in Williamson County.

#37 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 05:41 PM

Yeah, I hear the Senators got Dierks Bentley and Jason Aldean and a session musician to be named later. I hear Blake Shelton is now making noises about being traded to Dallas. ;)

As long as we get Gary Allan then I'm a happy camper.

#38 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 05:42 PM

Not so sure Fisher will fix the Preds 1st round hex, I think the Sens got screwed in this deal...even if they are in rebuild mode.

Deja vu...same thing Wayne Gretzky did going from Oilers to Kings because of his wife and her career.

Not sure if it's 100% the cure, but it can't harm having Fisher in your line up. Plus Rinne is a good goalie who's playing very well
IPB Image

#39 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,160 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 07:14 PM

Willa Ford is hotter.

And Mr. Carrie Underwood won't help the Preds win an actual playoff series.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#40 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 08:11 PM

Fisher, good on faceoffs, good intensity, very streaky offensively.

Preds gave up a fair bit.

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.