Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,619 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 12:38 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image VERSUS Posted Image

Vancouver in 7.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#2 redwinger4747

redwinger4747

Oh captain, my captain

• PipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 12:56 AM

Shades of 1996 Red Wings anyone? The team with the best record wins a brutal and highly emotional series in game 7 OT, only to bow out in the next series.

How about Nashville in 7.

....#5 is next. Yzerman & Lidstrom = Gods.

#3 Ozzie30

Ozzie30

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 01:18 AM

Nucks in 6. Nucks will be down 2-1 after 3.
RIP #24

#4 Reds4Life

Reds4Life

Red Wings

• Gold Booster
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 01:24 AM

Nashville in 6. I hope.

#5 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 01:30 AM

I'd prefer the Canucks to represent one of the two teams in the WCF's than the Predators.

#6 akustyk

akustyk

how painful is painful?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,170 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 02:29 AM

I'll absolutely be rooting for Predators. thanks, Nucks, for eliminating NHL poster boys, but this should be it... Preds are better team than you.
they actually arrive into playoffs with business to do, not with the loser mindset...

#7 10 Minute Misconduct

10 Minute Misconduct

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 04:30 AM

idk if ur serious that the preds are better...i hope not cuz they arnt.

canucks in 6, i hope the preds in 6 tho.

Posted Image

#8 ifonlyicouldskate

ifonlyicouldskate

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 04:45 AM

Everyone always seems to underestimate the Preds. Preds in 7! :notworthy:

#9 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 07:23 AM

I just hope it goes 7 games that's all I care about. Beat the hell out of each other is all I'm cheering for. Cmon Tootoo, do your thing.

#10 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,744 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 07:46 AM

This is going to be an interesting series as well. I just don't think the Preds have enough to beat the Canucks in a 7 game series. Course, I discounted them against the Ducks last series too. This is going to be tough to call. If Pekka Rinne played like a Vezina trophy candidate, I would say the Preds would win. He wasn't that spectacular against the Ducks, and Vancouver has more firepower. The Preds really won't have much rest over Vancouver because they have to travel there to play them.

My gut says Vancouver in 7. The lingering doubt in my mind says Preds in 7.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#11 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 08:41 AM

If it takes Vancouve 6 or 7 to get rid of Nashville they will be so tired for round 3 they'll be ripe for the taking.

COME ON RINNE!

Van in 5 though.

Everyone always seems to underestimate the Preds. Preds in 7! :notworthy:

yeah because they've won A playoff series in their history.
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#12 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 08:53 AM

Go Preds!!! Never ever thought I'd say that, but this playoffs has proved to make allegiances fly out the door for awkward times. I feel as if the Nucks have far too much firepower though and will get it done in 6.
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#13 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 08:57 AM

Rinne is huge and can move, can dominate the style hockey the nucks bring. Vancouver going in as the favorites on the matchup but the preds are looking to make more history. They climbed a huge wall and won a first round matchup, they are looking for more. Don't underestimate the preds, nucks, because they will come out of the woodworks with some momentum. I honestly dont even know what to predict this series as.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#14 matt198913

matt198913

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,973 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 09:01 AM

Conventional wisdom tells me Nucks in 6 buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut, Nashville has crazy Shea Webber. If Rinne can keep it close they have a chance to win it. It will have to be in 6 though not 7
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#15 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 09:30 AM

Canucks in 5, sadly.

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#16 MannyK

MannyK

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 453 posts
  • Location:Brookline, MA (formerly Clinton Township / Ann Arbor, MI)

Posted 27 April 2011 - 09:48 AM

Canucks in 6
Let's Go Wings!

#17 ComradeWasabi

ComradeWasabi

the abdelgator

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:32 AM

Realistically, Canucks have this one if the Hawks didn't manage to totally break Luongo's confidence. Vancouver has more skill and firepower than Anaheim did and they also showed they can pound the hell out of you physically if they need to. Unless Rinne remembers how to play goal, I can't imagine the Preds pulling off this upset.

That being said, it would be really really cool if they managed it :cool:

Edited by ComradeWasabi, 27 April 2011 - 10:33 AM.

QUOTE (thedisappearer @ December 13, 2008 - 10:13AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So, we're dogpiling on the goalie sammy Hudler the defense the refs league bias against us coaching now? Ok.

Babcock is lazy and he sucks!

#18 Mors

Mors

The Red Death

• HoF Booster
  • 1,995 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:38 AM

I will never root for Nashville in any situation, Canucks in 4,5,6, or 7 is fine by me.

#19 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 11:17 AM

I really think this series is going to be a lot different than most anticipate it to be. Nashville really has the power to shut down Vancouver and send them home. Vancouver's style is dependent on working behind the net and towards the corners, they viciously throw the puck towards the slot and hope for the man to bury it. Nashville does a good job at preventing these things and Rinne is a huge goalie. I haven't seen much of Vancouver's style going for those rebound goals, they rely on the fast cycling and snipe shots. With Rinne's size they NEED to rely on rebound goals, although they do a good job normally at having sitting back door if the rebounds come. Nashville plays a very aggressive back-check and pressure the points aggressively, Vancouver is good at cycling and their fast passes so it will be interesting to see how it plays out. Shea Weber has one of the most accurate and powerful slap shots in the game, and if they keep the net presence you'll see plenty of goals for Nashville. Luongo can't be comfortable like last night during the Chicago game, there was no net presence bothering him. If Vancouver can keep the slot and in-front of the net cleared they'll be safe but this reminds me of the previous seasons of Vancouver vs Chicago. Last year Byfuglien practically destroyed Luongo himself by being the net presence. Depending on what team wants it more this series is likely going to end in 6 games towards the team that actually implements the right style of hockey to counter the other.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#20 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 11:31 AM

Nashville has a lot of scrappy guys. Even if Vancouver wins, I hope Nashville beats the hell out of Vancouver.

The canucks are due to have a letdown in game 1 or game 2. I think Nashville can split easily and really make Vancouver work hard for everything.
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.