• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Wow... Ryan Clowe will not play in Game 6

Rate this topic

Which is coach's speak for "Please don't generate any momentum from taking out one of our better players."

esteef

Agreed.

He goes out of his way to say it wasn't the Kronwall hit (after they lied about flu symptoms and had to later admit it was upper body) but doesn't point out when in the game it actually DID occur?

lol.

Oops, not so fast. According David Pollak, McLellan said it was an upper body injury, which happened on the ice last game, but had nothing to do with Kron's hit.

I read somewhere that he has sand in his ***, or he's afraid of Kronwall.

I could be wrong though.

Guest CaliWingsNut

Agreed.

He goes out of his way to say it wasn't the Kronwall hit (after they lied about flu symptoms and had to later admit it was upper body) but doesn't point out when in the game it actually DID occur?

lol.

You obviously don't understand how interviews go...

Random reporter: "So... Clowe didn't travel, will he be here to play tonight?"

Coach: "No. Didn't make the trip, out for game, upper body"

Random Wings Reporter: "Is this a result of the giant hit Kronwall made in the middle of last game?"

Coach: "No."

Edited by CaliWingsNut

Nope, pretty much clowe just going after Abby. Abby was just standing his ground and Clowe dropped em and started throwing. Watch for yourself, apparently from an angle you didn't see...

Yeah Abby has no part in that interaction at all. Like an innocent little lamb, frolicking in the grass he is.

Dude's a hockey player, and an excitable physical one at that. Of course he's into it, even if he does have a girl's name. Complaining about things like this is why Wings fans are considered whiners by a lot of people. Chill - Abby's fine, the Wings won, all is good. With a year or two more experience he'll be ready for that scuffle and come out better.

As far as Clowe's injury goes, I'd guess it's probably something like a separated shoulder. You don't get a concussion from a big hit, you get it from hitting your head, which it doesn't look like he did. The guy plays a physical game.

As far as Clowe's injury goes, I'd guess it's probably something like a separated shoulder. You don't get a concussion from a big hit, you get it from hitting your head, which it doesn't look like he did. The guy plays a physical game.

Incorrect. Concussions are caused by the brain shifting and as a result bruising of the brain. Sudden unnatural head stops/jars/shocks (due to hits to the body, car accidents, etc...) where the body's natural mechanism to adjust and counteract the main vertebrae/spine/neck are causes of concussions as well. In fact, earlier medicine (pre 1990's) used to term a lot of these such injuries as "whip lash". The medical community focused on treating the neck area of these "whip lash" cases due to the simptoms being severe headaches stemming from the lower/back lobe of the brain. Medicine has developed since that many these injuries were in fact concussions and treating the neck area was of little or no benefit (except if you wanted to wear the neck brace into a court room to win judgement in your favor). Furthermore, I have a relative who suffered a minor concussion from running into the boards (outdoor boards that had no glass and you could actually bend yourself over the top of the boards) at full speed while playing roller hockey. His head wasn't touched (one fractured knee cap and broken wrist), but the speed and jar of his body coming to such an abrupt halt due to his lower body impacting the boards at high velocity was the cause.

My housemate called him a "Five-star Chicken"

Maybe this is one Shark who's developed a new brand of "Chicken of the Sea"... :dunno:

Me, I like the new strain of flu.

I dont think its any secret this is a direct result of the hit, no matter what they say. Anybody who has ever had a concussion knows that the headaches, vomitting, and dizzyness usually comes a few hours after the hit, after the adrenaline is gone. Only a severe concussion would have an immediate effect.

You know these coaches lie out of their ass during the playoffs, look at Babs and Kenny for example...

You obviously don't understand how interviews go...

Random reporter: "So... Clowe didn't travel, will he be here to play tonight?"

Coach: "No. Didn't make the trip, out for game, upper body"

Random Wings Reporter: "Is this a result of the giant hit Kronwall made in the middle of last game?"

Coach: "No."

No actually, I read the actual interview where his exact words were "The injury had absolutely nothing to do with the Kronwall hit"

So I actually DO understand how interviews go, thanks.

Will he be back for Game Seven on Thursday?

That depends on how long this particular strain of "flu" hangs around. Sidney Crosby has had the flu since last winter. I'm not a doctor though I play one on the internets, and I'd say this flu treatment requires lots of quiet room time.

Still would trade a lot to get Clowe on this team. Franzen and a first plus a prospect even if I had to depending on which prospect it is.

Even though he got laid out by Kronwall he is still tougher than any red wing (and a lot of fighters in the league), tied for the playoff lead in scoring and will stand up for his teammates. Hes everything I wish Franzen was :(

Still would trade a lot to get Clowe on this team. Franzen and a first plus a prospect even if I had to depending on which prospect it is.

Even though he got laid out by Kronwall he is still tougher than any red wing (and a lot of fighters in the league), tied for the playoff lead in scoring and will stand up for his teammates. Hes everything I wish Franzen was :(

Agreed big time. But that's why this news is so wonderful, he wont be playing tonight, giving the Wings a huge edge in physical play and depth. :yowza: