• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Pasha 13

RFA/UFA Signings

Rate this topic

Well since the post above is the first time EVER I have mentioned Semin, I don't think that I am SO concerned with getting him....BUT I would for sure take Semin and Emmerton over Hudler and Filppula! It would give us a legit top 6 sniper, it would give Helm the 3rd line center position (which should be his anyhow) and give Abdelkader the 4th line center spot, plus give Emmerton and Mursak more playig time with only 13 fwds instead of 14. The loss of Filppula and Hudler's combined salary would nearly wash out Semin's so Holland would still have a ton of money for a deadline acquisition...(if needed)

Of course I'd take a broken Koho for Hudler...

Helm already plays 3rd line ice time. You do realize that lines fluctuate throughout the game and season, right?

As for the sniper thing; Semin being on the team instead of Filppula and Hudler would lead to less offense and thinner offense. Do you want to have a team with an offense deep and skilled enough to win the Cup, or a team with a few star players that may not be able to?

We're not talking NBA here. You don't just stack up as many superstars as you can and it automatically works. I thought you knew this stuff, given how much time you dedicate to arguing about things you can't influence. But just so I can get this straight, you think Hudler is a *****, right? And you want to replace him with Semin? Can I get you to confirm for me that you'd rather have Semin than a *****?

I would have traded Hudler for him straight up.

I guess they finally realized Parros wasn't a great fighter.

Read an article earlier on The Hockey Writers that suggested a couple things: Either Anaheim could play two "enforcers" (McGrattan and Parros) on the same line(Like Shawn Thornton did with Parros in 2007), or he could see time in Syracuse(Anaheim's AHL Affiliate), and be used sparingly with the Ducks when Parros in unable to play. I'd love to see Parros and McGrattan on the same line :boxing:

Edited by Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Helm already plays 3rd line ice time. You do realize that lines fluctuate throughout the game and season, right?

As for the sniper thing; Semin being on the team instead of Filppula and Hudler would lead to less offense and thinner offense. Do you want to have a team with an offense deep and skilled enough to win the Cup, or a team with a few star players that may not be able to?

We're not talking NBA here. You don't just stack up as many superstars as you can and it automatically works. I thought you knew this stuff, given how much time you dedicate to arguing about things you can't influence. But just so I can get this straight, you think Hudler is a *****, right? And you want to replace him with Semin? Can I get you to confirm for me that you'd rather have Semin than a *****?

Both of you guys are prime to lapses in judgement but this one has went too far.

If Hudler put up 50 points or more and Filppula played like he does they would be worth more than Semin and Emmerton easy. It would be because the team would be deeper, probably produce the same points, but Fil's all around play would be the tie breaker. That said, the Semin/p*ssy thing was uncalled for. Both of Semin and Hudler play like a Sunday morning knitting group drinking chamomile tea anyway.

But just so I can get this straight, you think Hudler is a *****, right? And you want to replace him with Semin? Can I get you to confirm for me that you'd rather have Semin than a *****?

I see what you did there. :sly:

Semin would be an awesome one year rental... What would it take to get him here? Hudler plus......???????

I wouldn't give them more than two picks plus Hudler for Semin.

First and second plus Hudler would be steep but worth it...

Giving two players off the roster would be foolish because it wouldn't make their cap any better and it wouldn't make us clearly better.

I would think that the only way it happens if it is Hudler and picks... and the odds of that happening are low...

Edited by Majsheppard

But just so I can get this straight, you think Hudler is a *****, right? And you want to replace him with Semin? Can I get you to confirm for me that you'd rather have Semin than a *****?

I don't disagree that they are but huge pussys, but at least Semin's ***** squirts and I can enjoy it more! :blink:

Hudler is just a useless dried up ***** that not only doesn't hit or battle for the puck, but cannot score for crap. So they are both pussys, but Semin at least scores...and unlike Hudler, if you put Semin on Datsyuk's line, he will flourish...

I don't disagree that they are but huge pussys, but at least Semin's ***** squirts and I can enjoy it more! :blink:

Hudler is just a useless dried up ***** that not only doesn't hit or battle for the puck, but cannot score for crap. So they are both pussys, but Semin at least scores...and unlike Hudler, if you put Semin on Datsyuk's line, he will flourish...

Creepy ass response, but I completely agree with the player comparison.

I'd bring on Semin for a 1 year (tryout).

I've already mentioned I'd take a risk on Semin.He'd probably cost us in the range of Burns (Flip/Huds+prospect+pick),but we don't have better scoring winger not named Franzen atm.Ok Pulkkinen could be stellar,but he's 3-4 years away from the Wings roster.

He's soft and bad defensively,but is there a better team to learn a two way hockey than the Wings?Might be a jackpot if he's able to click with Datsyuk and if not we could shop him at the trade deadline.A 27 years old Russian sniper should still have high value.

Guest Crymson   
Guest Crymson

I've already mentioned I'd take a risk on Semin.He'd probably cost us in the range of Burns (Flip/Huds+prospect+pick),but we don't have better scoring winger not named Franzen atm.Ok Pulkkinen could be stellar,but he's 3-4 years away from the Wings roster.

He's soft and bad defensively,but is there a better team to learn a two way hockey than the Wings?Might be a jackpot if he's able to click with Datsyuk and if not we could shop him at the trade deadline.A 27 years old Russian sniper should still have high value.

I hear these same points repeatedly.

"He's lazy and bad defensively? Well, the Wings will change him." If this were true, Robert Lang may have retired a Wing. But it isn't.

"He's do great with Datsyuk!" Datsyuk cannot play on all four lines.

Edited by Crymson

"He's lazy and bad defensively? Well, the Wings will change him." If this were true, Robert Lang may have retired a Wing. But it isn't.

It did work with Dan Cleary,beside Lang was traded at the age of 33 and Semin is still relatively young to learn.

Guest Crymson   
Guest Crymson

It did work with Dan Cleary,beside Lang was traded at the age of 33 and Semin is still relatively young to learn.

Dan Cleary changed BEFORE he came to the team. He realized he would have no job if he did not reform his attitude and his style of play. He has also said that his wife inspired him to do so.

Semin is a multimillionaire hockey player with a ton of talent and a bad attitude. He won't change unless he wants to. He hasn't shown any indication of wanting to.

Semin is a multimillionaire hockey player with a ton of talent and a bad attitude. He won't change unless he wants to. He hasn't shown any indication of wanting to.

Maybe a threat to be traded can change his attitude.Yesterday Washington,today Detroit and tomorrow Tallon or Snow :hehe:

...or we could find him a wife in Detroit :ph34r:

Guest Crymson   
Guest Crymson

Maybe a threat to be traded can change his attitude.Yesterday Washington,today Detroit and tomorrow Tallon or Snow :hehe:

...or we could find him a wife in Detroit :ph34r:

... and he'll still get paid nearly $7m for the season.

Rest assured that if it's obvious any team wants badly to unload a player because of his horrible attitude, that team won't get much for him.

Other than the Erik Cole acquisition, Montreal has been relatively quiet. They have plenty of cap space, don't they? James Wisniewski left for Columbus. Roman Hamrlik and Jeff Halpern went to Washington. Benoit Pouliot left for Boston. Tom Pyatt signed with Tampa. Josh Gorges is potentially taking them to arbitration. Big changes again in Montreal this summer? I think so.