• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

hockey23

Free Agency Predictions

Rate this topic

I'd like to see where everyone thinks the big FAs will end up, or just some general predictions about free agency.

My predictions-

1. Holland doesn't sign anyone tomorrow; LGW goes into all out panic mode

2. Wisniewski signs with CBJ before noon tomorrow

Eklund will have an E5 rumor about Doughty being traded to Det for Hudler and Doughty signing a 10 yr 30 mill contract(or something like that), people will believe it and we will all be mad at Kenny when nothing happens :ph34r:

Guest Hatethedrake!

No predictions from me. I never would have predicted Ericsson getting 3.25 mil a year from any team. Certainly not Holland. Let the chips fall where they may.

I'd like to see where everyone thinks the big FAs will end up, or just some general predictions about free agency.

My predictions-

1. Holland doesn't sign anyone tomorrow; LGW goes into all out panic mode

2. Wisniewski signs with CBJ before noon tomorrow

unfortunately i think that you are correct.

he won't rush to sign just anybody but it sure is fun when we there is at least some movement.

WIz and/or jovo will be a wing

jagr will be a wing

wings will sign one of: joel ward/tim connely/michael handzus/cory stillman

hudler will be on waivers by the end of the day

or like some said before ericsson is our ufa signing and holland will wait out the mess

i for one hope he channels his pre-cap gm and goes and gets players

Ed Jovonovski, Patrick Eaves, and Chris Draper. After the Ericsson contract I lost interest in the free agent frenzy.

Holland is becoming gun shy and appears content with 1st and 2nd round exits but hey atleast we make the playoffs. I miss the good old days without a salary cap. Who would have thought that the salary cap maximum wouldn't effect us as much as the salary cap floor would. Grossly overpaid below average talent.

The salary structure is going to turn into what the NBA has. If that happens Bettman should be labotomized.

Other then DET, PITT, and MTL another team is interested in Jagr, i think the other is team is WSH and it's not philly. :lol: and Philly won't be making a offer sheet to Stamkos.

Edited by Kingston

Wings will make an amazing play to acquire Shea Webber. :) In all seriousness though I think they will sign Wiznewski and possibly another forward. Days like this always scare me. The Wings have been extremely quiet while the rest of the league has been anything but. Wings have money to spend so dont be surprised of a huge move. Then again this is the guy who builds his team in August not July.

I'm quickly losing hope that the Wings will be able to really sign anyone significant. I'd love to see then stop being a team full of floaters but it seems they are content to be just that.

What about this trade idea:

1. Flip and 3rd to Caps for Wideman

2. Sign Richards

3. Trade/waive Hudler for anything

4. Sign Jovo or SOB

5. Sign Konopka

6. Sign Garon or Theo

Zetterberg - Dats - Bertuzzi

Cleary - Richards - Franzen

Eaves - Helm - Homer

Abdelkader - Konopka - Mursak/Tatar

Lids - Wideman

Kronwall - Jovo/Stuart

Stuart/SOB - Ericsson

I would hate to lose Flip - but it's the only trade value that we could move.

Richards is great player (top 6 forward) and he can play point on PP.

Wideman provides right hand DEF who can play with Lids against any line in NHL.

Konopka, good at faceoof's, gritty forward who can skate, hit and fight. Still can learn - reference: Shawn Thornton.

Stastny would be a nice addition - however with his cap hit of $6.6 million he might be a challenge to squeeze under the cap...Hudler, and Filppula would probably get moved (if that's possible) to help make room.

I'm gonna add 1 Dman to my predictions; White/Kaberle/Hamrlik.

Please stop with Hamrlik, he's BRUTAL!!! This isn't same version of Hamrlik 10 years ago. Boston can thank's to Hamrlik and all of his TO's for wining Stanley Cup... BTW he's looking for longterm deal.

Edited by Dominator2005