• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Majsheppard

Brunnstrom is signed.

Rate this topic

Good for him!

He was great in the pre-season and from the repots I have heard/read he performed really well at camp. And for 600k you can't really complain. I just hope he earns his money and turns out to be a hell of steal for that price.

Fixed...

Na Na Na Na, Na Na Na Na, Hey Hudler, Goodbye!

Hey LeftWinger... just to let you know...

Brunnstrom has scored 19 goals and 40 points in 99 NHL games. Hudler scored 10 goals and 37 points in 73 games last season; basically 25% more in terms of points. Even if you take away Hudler's time with Datsyuk (4g-10a-14pt in 11gp) he would have 6g-17a-23pt in 62gp, a pace which would give him 10-27-37 in 99 games instead of 73.

In other words, a "horrible" season by Hudler's standards, minus the highly prolific 11 game stretch with Datsyuk, can be considered equivalent offensively with the best Brunnstrom has ever performed.

Sounds like Bruno could replace Hudler at something. But it's not scoring.

He actually signed a 2 way deal so if he goes down to the AHL, he will avoid having to pass through waivers. This is a great deal for both the Wings and Brunnstrom.

Wrong.

A one-way deal or two-way deal determines how much the player makes if he is not in the NHL. Contract status and waiver status are completely unrelated, although both can and do determine roster spots.

Still a good deal.

He actually signed a 2 way deal so if he goes down to the AHL, he will avoid having to pass through waivers. This is a great deal for both the Wings and Brunnstrom.

Oh, come on! A veteran like you making a rookie mistake. 2 way deal means only that his salary will be different in the AHL. He'll still have to pass through waivers.

really? I mean really? 2,000 posts on LGW and you still dont understand what a 2 way contract is?

He's in denial of the fact that Hudler is going to be playing on Datsyuk's line this season, after all of that bitching (and likely monitor screaming) he did at me about constantly suggesting that H/D/C be reunited.

And you too. Change the record already.

Oh, come on! A veteran like you making a rookie mistake. 2 way deal means only that his salary will be different in the AHL. He'll still have to pass through waivers.

Which is why I wished we would have signed him to a one-way deal in hopes that if we need the space, we could send him down with the less likely chance of him being claimed.

Fixed...

Na Na Na Na, Na Na Na Na, Hey Hudler, Goodbye!

As much as eva unit zero's posts about *thou shall not be named* absolutely annoy the hell out of me, this was uncalled for. It's not on topic and it's not all that funny. Your posts about *thou shall not be named* are equally annoying, just on the other side. Both of you make me absolutely sick and tired of hearing *thou shall not be named's* name, because you both bring him up in nearly every. damned. thread. that has nothing to do with him. You two seriously need to get a room and duke it out.

Congrats on Brunnstrom for getting a contract, regardless of if it largely or solely was because of a roster opening on injury. If it happens to where he plays well and has to get claimed off waivers, so be it. I'd like for him to remain a Wing if possible if he produces, but if he's able to ressurect his professional career regardless, definitely more power to him.

Which is why I wished we would have signed him to a one-way deal in hopes that if we need the space, we could send him down with the less likely chance of him being claimed.

I don't think that would've made any difference as when a team makes a claim on a player their plan usually is to keep the player in their roster.

A two-way deal kicks player's butt as it shows that the team ain't afraid to send him down if he isn't playing well enough.

Would be terribly ironic if Brunnstrom ends up getting a regular job here.

Good on him. Hope he works out.

I have LOVED this guy from the beginning and really thought that he would earn a job here....for some reason, i think it was meant to be!! I really like this kid!!!

I'm so pumped about this happening. Brunnstrom's biggest flaws throughout his career happen to be the Wings' biggest strengths: relentless hard work on and off the ice, professionalism, etc. I think a season in the lockerroom with the leadership the Wings have will work wonders for Brunnstrom. He's already proven he's dedicated to changing his demeanor by earning a spot with the team. I have high hopes for him as a player both in the short term and long term.