• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

News From Around the NHL *Mod warning page 75*

Rate this topic

5 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

'tis why his contract was terminated just 12 days after signing.

Welp his career was already in the gutter pretty much. Might as well fight the polease.

20 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

DeAngelo had such a promising career. I know he has a very unpopular opinion about things, but that shouldn't inhibit his ability to work. I guess maybe he'll find his way overseas unless some team takes a flyer on him.

Tony DeAngelo would have a job if one of two things were true, 1) he played defense decently, 2) he didn't play defense but scored 80-100 points like Karlsson. He does neither and nobody is going to accept how bad he is defensively for 40-50 points. Not when you can get guys like Shayne Gostisbehere for cheap.

Players' politics only matter when they suck. I used to say the same thing about Colin Kaepernick. If he was as good as Tom Brady nobody would care about his politics. Brady used to golf with Trump and nobody in the NFL really cared too much. Certainly not enough to threaten his career in any meaningful way.  Kaepernick's politics got a very different reaction because he wasn't any good to begin with.

6 hours ago, kipwinger said:

Tony DeAngelo would have a job if one of two things were true, 1) he played defense decently, 2) he didn't play defense but scored 80-100 points like Karlsson. He does neither and nobody is going to accept how bad he is defensively for 40-50 points. Not when you can get guys like Shayne Gostisbehere for cheap.

Players' politics only matter when they suck. I used to say the same thing about Colin Kaepernick. If he was as good as Tom Brady nobody would care about his politics. Brady used to golf with Trump and nobody in the NFL really cared too much. Certainly not enough to threaten his career in any meaningful way.  Kaepernick's politics got a very different reaction because he wasn't any good to begin with.

The "He did what?" conversation must be brutal for these NHL GMs.

Chicago - player a s s rape.

Vancouver - hooker a s s rape.

Washington - Snort-O-thon 2019.

Detroit - Snort-O-thon 2022.

Boston - Disabled Black Kid Bully

Philadelphia - Disabled White Kid Bully

New York - Klu Klux Klantastic.

Arizona - Billy Martin Revival

On 7/14/2023 at 9:51 AM, kipwinger said:

Tony D will get an NHL job. He just won't get one for $5 mil, which is why the Flyers couldn't trade him. He was supposed to move back to the Canes. But I suspect the Canes are now in deep on a Karlsson trade, and so will need every bit of cap available. If Karlsson falls through I bet they sign Tony D to a $2 mil AAV or something. He sucks at D, but he can score. Ghostbear sucks at D too btw.

12 hours ago, bIueadams said:

Tony D will get an NHL job. He just won't get one for $5 mil, which is why the Flyers couldn't trade him. He was supposed to move back to the Canes. But I suspect the Canes are now in deep on a Karlsson trade, and so will need every bit of cap available. If Karlsson falls through I bet they sign Tony D to a $2 mil AAV or something. He sucks at D, but he can score. Ghostbear sucks at D too btw.

What about Brendan Smith?

13 hours ago, bIueadams said:

I agree with most of this. But I don't agree that Gostisbehere sucks at defense. Or at least not to the extent DeAngelo does. Gostisbehere's defensive metrics grade out a good deal better than DeAngelo's. IMO he's more like Hronek than he is like DeAngelo. Which is to say, not a super defender but roughly league average amongst defensemen.

6 hours ago, kipwinger said:

I agree with most of this. But I don't agree that Gostisbehere sucks at defense. Or at least not to the extent DeAngelo does. Gostisbehere's defensive metrics grade out a good deal better than DeAngelo's. IMO he's more like Hronek than he is like DeAngelo. Which is to say, not a super defender but roughly league average amongst defensemen.

I dont disagree

1 hour ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

dont think this scandal is going away soon

Hockey Canada already cleaned house shortly after all this went down, to begin with. The results of the investigation will be revealed real soon. Nike is just trying to distance itself while it's back in the media again. 

3 hours ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

https://twitter.com/AGally94

He is entering player assistance 

He's done in the NHL. He was already taking bare min with the Yotes.

https://www.nhl.com/blues/news/biakabutuka-signs-three-year-entry-level-contract/c-345379372

Guess we won't be seeing him in camps anymore :(

4 hours ago, bIueadams said:

He's done in the NHL. He was already taking bare min with the Yotes.

https://www.nhl.com/blues/news/biakabutuka-signs-three-year-entry-level-contract/c-345379372

Guess we won't be seeing him in camps anymore :(

yah, galcheynuk is toast.  It's forgiveable if the sauce brings out thr rocky balboa inside of you.  weve all been there.  It's pretty much a career ender if the sauce brings out the mel gibson inside of you.  As a gentile heterosexual whiteboy, you gotta just let the fists fly and NOT the lips.