• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

News From Around the NHL *Mod warning page 75*

Rate this topic

44 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

Another one. What should the NHL do about this now? Well, for starters, I think the Blackhawks should be given the first overall in next years draft too. 

Jeezus christ. Fine them, and then force them to draft macklin callebrini.

But personally, i dont think Aldrich touched those kids

6 hours ago, Akakabuto said:

Another one. What should the NHL do about this now? Well, for starters, I think the Blackhawks should be given the first overall in next years draft too. 

is grooming really a crime if it's legal to do it in public schools now?

Big game from the Matthews/Marner/Knies line tonight in the Toronto v. Tampa game. Turns out Matthews and Marner are pretty dynamic when they don't have a boat anchor for a linemate.

Update: Knies has 3 points tonight on that line. Coincidentally that's the same number of points Tyler Bertuzzi scored on that line in the 10 previous games.

Edited by kipwinger

19 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I shouldn't just pick on Bertuzzi for sucking though. He, Mantha, AA, and Zadina have as many goals this season as Alex Debrincat does.

LOL Wut? you could throw Vrana and Hronek in with those guys as well and still be 3 goals short of Debrincat's  9.

BUt yes, Bertuzzi does still suck though......

1 minute ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

LOL Wut? you could throw Vrana and Hronek in with those guys as well and still be 3 goals short of Debrincat's  9.

BUt yes, Bertuzzi does still suck though......

Lol, fake news (on my part). I was giving AA credit for 4 goals instead of the 4 assists he actually has.

It has been 10 games so far this season. Bad start for the Leafs, but Domi, Klingberg, and Bertuzzi will most likely figure things out in Keefes system. Reavo on the other hand has looked pretty lost. And he has many more years to go with leafs program. I am curious if he can be bought out now since he is older on a veteran contract. I think the Maple Leafs should trade for some better Dmen, and if the playoffs are not good, fire Keefe. Rocky start for Al Bundy in Toronto. 

21 hours ago, Troy McClure said:

It has been 10 games so far this season. Bad start for the Leafs, but Domi, Klingberg, and Bertuzzi will most likely figure things out in Keefes system. Reavo on the other hand has looked pretty lost. And he has many more years to go with leafs program. I am curious if he can be bought out now since he is older on a veteran contract. I think the Maple Leafs should trade for some better Dmen, and if the playoffs are not good, fire Keefe. Rocky start for Al Bundy in Toronto. 

The only way for the Leafs to improve is to move Nylander for a top pair Dman...Wonder if there's any chance of a Leafs/Flames transaction...

Looking back at the Leafs acquiring Gilmour (sportsnet.ca)

1 minute ago, Motor City Mullets said:

The only way for the Leafs to improve is to move Nylander for a top pair Dman...Wonder if there's any chance of a Leafs/Flames transaction...

They also need a brand new goaltender. Sammy has let in a lot of bad shots. I think that is part of it too. G Lyon getting more valuable everyday!

1 hour ago, Motor City Mullets said:

It's wild how badly that Tavares contract painted that franchise into a corner. 

1 hour ago, Troy McClure said:

They also need a brand new goaltender. Sammy has let in a lot of bad shots. I think that is part of it too. G Lyon getting more valuable everyday!

Lyon needs to play to show he has value. 

Lyon isn't good, that's the thing. He's a 30 year old goalie who has only ever played good once in his career...for less than 20 games. He was never some trade chip, he was a cheap insurance policy in case Reimer didn't work out as a reliable back up.

23 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

It's wild how badly that Tavares contract painted that franchise into a corner. 

Lyon needs to play to show he has value. 

And Tavares can barely skate now! Ha

Lyon was good last year

1 hour ago, kipwinger said:

In news that's a surprise to nobody, Robby Fabbri is iffy for tomorrow's game according to Helene St. James. This dude will never play enough to justify his contract or roster spot. Who could have seen that coming?

Can we trade him?

1 hour ago, mackel said:

Could we package Matta, Lyon and a 3rd or 4th to Edmonton for their 1st this season and a 1-2 year cap dump?

I think that it should be all hands on deck right now to try and pry McDavid away from Edmonton. Remember when we almost got Grets?

On 11/9/2023 at 5:35 PM, Troy McClure said:

I think that it should be all hands on deck right now to try and pry McDavid away from Edmonton. Remember when we almost got Grets?

Ya, but if the Gretzky deal went through, it would've changed the whole trajectory of the 90's Wings. Everywhere he went he eventually brought his friends with him. It would've changed our draft position and needs. I will also remind you, Gretzky and friends never won another Cup after he was dealt. I shiver to think that we could possibly still be in a Cup drought.  Obviously we don't know for sure, but I'll take what we had. So basically, I'm not comfortable with what it may take to acquire McDavid. 

Edited by LeftWinger