• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

News From Around the NHL *Mod warning page 75*

Rate this topic

https://thehockeynews.com/nhl/detroit-red-wings/news/stat-of-the-day-red-wings-denying-high-danger-chances

Analytics Bros: The Red Wings are going to regress because they give up too many shots.

People that watch the Red Wings: They don't give up high-danger shots so Alex Lyon sees the puck and makes saves?

Analytics Bros: Shots shots shots shots shots shots, Shots shots shots shots shots, Shots shots shots shots shots

Everybody!!!!!!!!!

42 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I sure hope ASP turns out to be a stud because Filip Hronek is #realgud. 

Trading Hronek was always kinda a head scratcher last year, cause he still had term, was affordable, and pretty good. But I guess the 1st was too alluring to pass up.

Imagine we don't:

We no longer have the money to spend on Holl and Fischer. With Fischer gone, Berggren probably actually joins the roster at some point. We don't get ASP, Cleveland, and Bicker, but regain our 4th rounder.

Having a 3rd puck mover at D probably really helps our offense (all 3 D pairings can score). But boy ASP looks good. If ASP isn't good this trade will look pretty regarded in hindsight. though I like Cleveland and Bicker too, they're just long shots.

46 minutes ago, Troy McClure said:

Trading Hronek was always kinda a head scratcher last year, cause he still had term, was affordable, and pretty good. But I guess the 1st was too alluring to pass up.

Imagine we don't:

We no longer have the money to spend on Holl and Fischer. With Fischer gone, Berggren probably actually joins the roster at some point. We don't get ASP, Cleveland, and Bicker, but regain our 4th rounder.

Having a 3rd puck mover at D probably really helps our offense (all 3 D pairings can score). But boy ASP looks good. If ASP isn't good this trade will look pretty regarded in hindsight. though I like Cleveland and Bicker too, they're just long shots.

Don't get me wrong, I completely understand why they traded him and I'm not upset that they did. I'm just watching Vancouver and Boston and he's on another level this season .

8 minutes ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

Maybe it's system or partner related ? 

He's partnered with Zadorov tonight.

Nvm, it's because of an in-game injury.

Edited by kipwinger

24 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Don't get me wrong, I completely understand why they traded him and I'm not upset that they did. I'm just watching Vancouver and Boston and he's on another level this season .

He's still under RFA control after this season... meanwhile we spent most of the money on a 3rd pair Dman. ASP better be prime ******* Karlsson at the very least.

10 hours ago, Dabura said:

Post-ASG:

CAR: 1-1-0

FLA: 1-1-0

NJD: 1-1-0

NYI: 2-0-0

PHI: 2-0-0

PIT: 1-0-0

TBL: 0-2-0

TOR: 1-1-0

WSH: 0-2-0

Why are we playing Seattle at 12:30 pm this Monday? I wanted to go, but I'm not skipping work to drink 300 dollar beers at noon

I guess the latest from Maple Leafs fans is Connor McDavid is going to sign in Toronto when he becomes a UFA. I was called tool, when I said that won't happen. I guess it'll work because Tavares and Marner off the books soon.

McDavid will want $15 Million a year. I guess Leafs fans learned nothing the past 7 years paying 4 forwards $40 Million? They think paying 3 forwards $40 Million will win them a Cup?

It's very difficult to have a reasonable hockey conversation in the Toronto market, Leafs fans are just plain stupid

20 hours ago, Dabura said:

Post-ASG:

CAR: 1-1-0

FLA: 1-1-0

NJD: 1-1-0

NYI: 2-0-0

PHI: 2-0-0

PIT: 1-0-0

TBL: 0-2-0

TOR: 1-1-0

WSH: 0-2-0

DET: 0-0-0

3 hours ago, Barrie said:

I guess the latest from Maple Leafs fans is Connor McDavid is going to sign in Toronto when he becomes a UFA. I was called tool, when I said that won't happen. I guess it'll work because Tavares and Marner off the books soon.

McDavid will want $15 Million a year. I guess Leafs fans learned nothing the past 7 years paying 4 forwards $40 Million? They think paying 3 forwards $40 Million will win them a Cup?

It's very difficult to have a reasonable hockey conversation in the Toronto market, Leafs fans are just plain stupid

Same market that spells it l e a f s.

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/39464235/nhl-power-rankings-2023-2024-best-teams-standings-questions

Alex Lyon, G (4.12 FPPG since Jan. 1): Thriving in the absence of Ville Husso, who last played Dec. 18, Lyon will have to contend with Husso's return soon as well as a tougher schedule the rest of the month that includes a Western Conference road swing.

A tougher schedule the rest of the month? What does that even mean? Tougher than last month? When we went 3-0 on a Western Conference road swing? I swear to Christ, the entire sports journo profession needs to be audited.

Edited by Dabura

18 minutes ago, Dabura said:

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/39464235/nhl-power-rankings-2023-2024-best-teams-standings-questions

A tougher schedule the rest of the month? What does that even mean? Tougher than last month? When we went 3-0 on a Western Conference road swing? I swear to Christ, the entire sports journo profession needs to be audited.

I'd call consecutive west coast games vs EDM and VAN a little tough 

Edited by The 91 of Ryans