• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

News From Around the NHL

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

On 9/12/2019 at 8:41 AM, F.Michael said:

Morrissey signs...

Image result for morrissey

Oops - wrong Morrissey...

Image result for josh morrissey

Jets RFA Dman Josh Morrissey signs 8 yrs for $6.25 per season...Good for both sides.

 

Ive never liked Josh.  Ever since his childhood, he always seemed to have a thorn in his side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, xault said:

Someone smarter explain how TOR appears to be allowed to be 10+mil over the cap? Can they really go into the season over the cap that much?

https://www.capfriendly.com/

I don´t think they can start the season like that, because if I have read the CBA correctly they are only allowed to be 10% over the upper limit of $81.5M which would be $89.65M. They have a ~$94M cap hit, so either I´m misinformed or they have to do something to be cap complaint.

edit: https://www.capfriendly.com/ltir-faq

must have something to do with performance bonusses...

Edited by ely s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ely s said:

I don´t think they can start the season like that, because if I have read the CBA correctly they are only allowed to be 10% over the upper limit of $81.5M which would be $89.65M. They have a ~$94M cap hit, so either I´m misinformed or they have to do something to be cap complaint.

edit: https://www.capfriendly.com/ltir-faq

must have something to do with performance bonusses...

I believe some of those players who are listed, and currently counted against the cap may get sent down to the Marlies thus freeing up additional cap space, but I've been wrong before...If Dubas is still in trouble - a roster spot may have to get moved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, F.Michael said:

I believe some of those players who are listed, and currently counted against the cap may get sent down to the Marlies thus freeing up additional cap space, but I've been wrong before...If Dubas is still in trouble - a roster spot may have to get moved.

if they send all LTIR to the marlies they will get a cap relief of ~$4M(1 mill each) that has them close to the cap, seems as a possibility. I don´t really know all possible options and at the end of the day I don´t care, because next year they will have serious trouble to assemble a proper d-corps. Next season the retained salary of Barrie will come on top, so Dubas has to be really creative then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, ely s said:

if they send all LTIR to the marlies they will get a cap relief of ~$4M(1 mill each) that has them close to the cap, seems as a possibility. I don´t really know all possible options and at the end of the day I don´t care, because next year they will have serious trouble to assemble a proper d-corps. Next season the retained salary of Barrie will come on top, so Dubas has to be really creative then.

Indeed.

Leaf Nation may rejoice today, but there's certainly no guarantee of them getting past the 1st round (again), and next season will be an eye opener for those who don't realize that 3 of the top 4 of their current D corps will probably not be there...In other words it's 2020 or bust.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now