• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Holmstrom96

Kronwall Destroys Voracek

Rate this topic

Suspendable?  

247 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm one who thinks Kronwall has been guilty of leaving his feet and not keeping his elbows tucked on a fair amount of his hits in the past, but this looks legal to me. Brutal, but legal. His skates are down, he didn't leap. He hits the head but he also catches him full on in the body. Shanny specifically showed videos of how there can be legal hits that contact the head.

I can see this getting a suspension but I don't think it should. If they suspend Kronner then what? players skate around with their neck out and their head down to make sure nobody can touch them?

Guest The Production Line

I will forget Shanny ever played for the Wings if he suspends Kronwall for this clean hit. Violent? Yes. Dirty? No.

It was a clean hit, but the nhl suspends players for clean hits to it is a crapshoot.

I want to know what people think Kronwall is supposed to do in that situation. Let him go by ? hug him ? That is a clean hit, a hockey play.

what was that thing they did on jackass? the nutsak high five? i think kronwall should have gone for one of those on his bro voracek.

More importantly, will a suspension deter Kronwall from going after monster hits again?

We know he isn't exactly a guy that goes for the big hit on every shift. This could change the way he plays the game somewhat. He's not a Rinaldo or Clutterbuck type player that needs to hit in order to stay in the league.

I thought the hit was clean, but I feel as if the hammer is going to come down on Kronwall. I just don't have a good feeling on this one. Only because the head took the brunt of it all.

This is pretty gray area although I think it was clean.

Rule 48 - Illegal Check to the Head 48.1 Illegal Check to the Head – A hit resulting in contact with an opponent's head where the head is targeted and the principal point of contact is not permitted. However, in determining whether such a hit should have been permitted, the circumstances of the hit, including whether the opponent put himself in a vulnerable position immediately prior to or simultaneously with the hit or the head contact on an otherwise legal body check was avoidable, can be considered.

Did Kron target the Voracek's head? I say no, his head was the closet part of his body to Kronner due to his head being down. A clear intent to taget would have an elbow or shoulder aiming for his cranium. Since it doesn't appear that he targeted his head then the principal point of contact is moot.

Did Voracek put himself in a vulnerable position just prior to or simultaneously with the hit? Yes. He saw Kron, Kron skated at him and Voracek put his head down, tough luck bro.

Was the hit AVOIDABLE? Any hit is avoidable, as in you don't check at all and you let a player pass you moving into your end. I know this part of the rule is more or less written to single out dirty blind siders and to protect situations such as the one that happened with Z and the boarding incident a few weeks ago.

Will this be reviewed? Without a ******* doubt. Im also expecting to hear Mike "Im a cock sucking ****** bag" Milburry and Jeremy "lose the Jerry curl" Roenick team up on Kron in this situation and finish the evening having makeup sex. Will that make a difference? Depends on how Anti-Wings this gets in the media. I would expect this to be a suspension if the masses start screaming for retribution. Shanny has been pretty lenient with the Wings and he may be called out for favoritism if this goes to him for a decision.

Im glad that Kronner floored Voracek. Those type of hits keep other teams aware that we arent a bunch of ***** Euro players that are afraid to play physical. I am praying that Kron doesnt get a suspension cause hes our only hope on the blue line right now. We simply cant afford to lose ANOTHER top liner right now. We are missing a full line plus a goalie right now and they are our stars. I anxiously wait with my fingers crossed that this goes our way.

Did Kron target the Voracek's head? I say no, his head was the closet part of his body to Kronner due to his head being down. A clear intent to taget would have an elbow or shoulder aiming for his cranium. Since it doesn't appear that he targeted his head then the principal point of contact is moot.

Did Voracek put himself in a vulnerable position just prior to or simultaneously with the hit? Yes. He saw Kron, Kron skated at him and Voracek put his head down, tough luck bro.

Was the hit AVOIDABLE? Any hit is avoidable, as in you don't check at all and you let a player pass you moving into your end. I know this part of the rule is more or less written to single out dirty blind siders and to protect situations such as the one that happened with Z and the boarding incident a few weeks ago.

Will this be reviewed? Without a ******* doubt. Im also expecting to hear Mike "Im a cock sucking ****** bag" Milburry and Jeremy "lose the Jerry curl" Roenick team up on Kron in this situation and finish the evening having makeup sex. Will that make a difference? Depends on how Anti-Wings this gets in the media. I would expect this to be a suspension if the masses start screaming for retribution. Shanny has been pretty lenient with the Wings and he may be called out for favoritism if this goes to him for a decision.

Im glad that Kronner floored Voracek. Those type of hits keep other teams aware that we arent a bunch of ***** Euro players that are afraid to play physical. I am praying that Kron doesnt get a suspension cause hes our only hope on the blue line right now. We simply cant afford to lose ANOTHER top liner right now. We are missing a full line plus a goalie right now and they are our stars. I anxiously wait with my fingers crossed that this goes our way.

roenick will defend the hit, milbury must have been offered a pay raise if he hanged his views, because he is pro everything ot take hitting out of the game now.

roenick will defend the hit, milbury must have been offered a pay raise if he hanged his views, because he is pro everything ot take hitting out of the game now.

That was just a sarcastic joke regarding their lovers quarrel last week, they bickered like a married couple and you either get divorced or get it on lol. I hate both of them and I didnt want to get Pierre in that one cause that just leaves bad visions in my head :scared:

Guest The Production Line

Eklund is tweeting that Voracek does not have a concussion. That's amazing if true, but it is Eklund.

Maybe the league should spend some time teaching players to skate with their heads up instead of looking at their skates.

If you play the Wings and come up the boards towards center ice with you r head down and Kronner is on the ice you get exactly what you deserve.

Oh man. I thought this hit was great BUT the shoulder to the head is what it comes down to. Kronner is my fave but I don't see the league letting this one go. Despite what many non Wings fans think, he isn't a dirty player, just delivers amazing, brutal hits but this one will get a suspension I bet.

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033

I looked the rule up again too just after the hit, and I agree with your reasoning. On first look, I would've said it was suspension-worthy. But after watching the different replays, you can clearly see Voroacek look up and see Kronwall a second before the hit, then he puts his head back down. I believe that he holds a share of the responsibility of this hit because rather than leaving himself in a vulnerable position after seeing Kronwall, he could have tried to veer away from the boards or not put his head back down and forward. Kronwall delivered a devastating hit, but a clean one--he didn't leave his feet, he didn't use his elbow or stick. Could he have let up? Maybe. But I agree with Murph and Stuart when they said don't you think the opposing team's coaching staff would warn their wingers to keep their heads up when Kronwall is in their zone along the boards? Especially since these Kronwall hits are not a new trend and are pretty publicized. It will definitely be reviewed, but I don't think (or at least hope) it won't be a suspension for Kronwall. If it is, that just opens it up for players to abuse the rule.