• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:13 PM

No suspension: https://twitter.com/...417384825593856

http://www.usatoday....-ire/53395876/1
http://www.detroitne...-Voracek-groggy
http://bleacherrepor...of-jake-voracek
http://www.rotoworld...e=156846&spln=1

Edited by Holmstrom96, 07 March 2012 - 11:18 AM.

#2 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,909 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:17 PM

I'm one who thinks Kronwall has been guilty of leaving his feet and not keeping his elbows tucked on a fair amount of his hits in the past, but this looks legal to me. Brutal, but legal. His skates are down, he didn't leap. He hits the head but he also catches him full on in the body. Shanny specifically showed videos of how there can be legal hits that contact the head.

#3 Red Crazy

Red Crazy

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:23 PM

I say clean hit. Kronwall should have let up maybe but the hit was clean.

#4 wings1110

wings1110

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:26 PM

if he gets suspended for that this sport is ruined. its the players responsibility to keep their head up.

#5 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,909 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:30 PM

http://video.nhl.com...nsole?id=123678

NHL video examples of legal hits to the head.

#6 Ally

Ally

just figured out how to change my title

• PipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:30 PM

I can see this getting a suspension but I don't think it should. If they suspend Kronner then what? players skate around with their neck out and their head down to make sure nobody can touch them?

"Everything he does is exciting to watch.” -Holmstrom describes Datsyuk

#7 The Production Line

The Production Line

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:31 PM

I will forget Shanny ever played for the Wings if he suspends Kronwall for this clean hit. Violent? Yes. Dirty? No.

#8 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:32 PM

Voracek seen him coming, no suspension.

#9 wingfan13

wingfan13

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:38 PM

I want to know what people think Kronwall is supposed to do in that situation. Let him go by ? hug him ? That is a clean hit, a hockey play.
"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son"  Dean Wormer, Animal House

#10 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:40 PM

It was a clean hit, but the nhl suspends players for clean hits to it is a crapshoot.

I want to know what people think Kronwall is supposed to do in that situation. Let him go by ? hug him ? That is a clean hit, a hockey play.

what was that thing they did on jackass? the nutsak high five? i think kronwall should have gone for one of those on his bro voracek.
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#11 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,040 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:56 PM

Shanny is a clown now. This is a clean check, what the league NEEDS to keep in the game. And I will not be surprised if it's suspended, when clearly it shouldn't be :thumbdown:

#NOMOREKINDL

#12 58Miles2Joe

58Miles2Joe

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:59 PM

I predict suspension.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I believe in the end its a simple, simple game; no different than my two youngest fightin in the living room; you draw a line in the sand, and you decide who wants the ball more. And that's what hockey's about. - Babblecock

#13 jroc86

jroc86

Rookie

• Pip
  • 187 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:00 PM

Head was primary point of contact - could have "minimized" it seeing how this was a head on shoulder check as opposed to Kronwalls usual Rob Blake ass-check style. Beautiful praiseworthy hit- a year or two ago. 2 games is my bet.

#14 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,726 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:02 PM

More importantly, will a suspension deter Kronwall from going after monster hits again?

We know he isn't exactly a guy that goes for the big hit on every shift. This could change the way he plays the game somewhat. He's not a Rinaldo or Clutterbuck type player that needs to hit in order to stay in the league.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#15 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,726 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:11 PM

Lidstrom, Holland and Ilitch need to meet with Shanahan, and convince him a supension isn't the way to handle this.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#16 miller76

miller76

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,718 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:22 PM

I thought the hit was clean, but I feel as if the hammer is going to come down on Kronwall. I just don't have a good feeling on this one. Only because the head took the brunt of it all.
lighten up people, it's the internet!

#17 Cali-Wing-Nut

Cali-Wing-Nut

Guppie Hunter

• PipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:24 PM

This is pretty gray area although I think it was clean.

Rule 48 - Illegal Check to the Head 48.1 Illegal Check to the Head A hit resulting in contact with an opponent's head where the head is targeted and the principal point of contact is not permitted. However, in determining whether such a hit should have been permitted, the circumstances of the hit, including whether the opponent put himself in a vulnerable position immediately prior to or simultaneously with the hit or the head contact on an otherwise legal body check was avoidable, can be considered.

Did Kron target the Voracek's head? I say no, his head was the closet part of his body to Kronner due to his head being down. A clear intent to taget would have an elbow or shoulder aiming for his cranium. Since it doesn't appear that he targeted his head then the principal point of contact is moot.

Did Voracek put himself in a vulnerable position just prior to or simultaneously with the hit? Yes. He saw Kron, Kron skated at him and Voracek put his head down, tough luck bro.

Was the hit AVOIDABLE? Any hit is avoidable, as in you don't check at all and you let a player pass you moving into your end. I know this part of the rule is more or less written to single out dirty blind siders and to protect situations such as the one that happened with Z and the boarding incident a few weeks ago.

Will this be reviewed? Without af****** doubt. Im also expecting to hear Mike "Im a cock sucking ****** bag" Milburry and Jeremy "lose the Jerry curl" Roenick team up on Kron in this situation and finish the evening having makeup sex. Will that make a difference? Depends on how Anti-Wings this gets in the media. I would expect this to be a suspension if the masses start screaming for retribution. Shanny has been pretty lenient with the Wings and he may be called out for favoritism if this goes to him for a decision.

Im glad that Kronner floored Voracek. Those type of hits keep other teams aware that we arent a bunch of ***** Euro players that are afraid to play physical. I am praying that Kron doesnt get a suspension cause hes our only hope on the blue line right now. We simply cant afford to lose ANOTHER top liner right now. We are missing a full line plus a goalie right now and they are our stars. I anxiously wait with my fingers crossed that this goes our way.
I'M WRECKING SHOP!!!

#18 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:32 PM

This is pretty gray area although I think it was clean.

Did Kron target the Voracek's head? I say no, his head was the closet part of his body to Kronner due to his head being down. A clear intent to taget would have an elbow or shoulder aiming for his cranium. Since it doesn't appear that he targeted his head then the principal point of contact is moot.

Did Voracek put himself in a vulnerable position just prior to or simultaneously with the hit? Yes. He saw Kron, Kron skated at him and Voracek put his head down, tough luck bro.

Was the hit AVOIDABLE? Any hit is avoidable, as in you don't check at all and you let a player pass you moving into your end. I know this part of the rule is more or less written to single out dirty blind siders and to protect situations such as the one that happened with Z and the boarding incident a few weeks ago.

Will this be reviewed? Without af****** doubt. Im also expecting to hear Mike "Im a cock sucking ****** bag" Milburry and Jeremy "lose the Jerry curl" Roenick team up on Kron in this situation and finish the evening having makeup sex. Will that make a difference? Depends on how Anti-Wings this gets in the media. I would expect this to be a suspension if the masses start screaming for retribution. Shanny has been pretty lenient with the Wings and he may be called out for favoritism if this goes to him for a decision.

Im glad that Kronner floored Voracek. Those type of hits keep other teams aware that we arent a bunch of ***** Euro players that are afraid to play physical. I am praying that Kron doesnt get a suspension cause hes our only hope on the blue line right now. We simply cant afford to lose ANOTHER top liner right now. We are missing a full line plus a goalie right now and they are our stars. I anxiously wait with my fingers crossed that this goes our way.

roenick will defend the hit, milbury must have been offered a pay raise if he hanged his views, because he is pro everything ot take hitting out of the game now.
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#19 Cali-Wing-Nut

Cali-Wing-Nut

Guppie Hunter

• PipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:37 PM

roenick will defend the hit, milbury must have been offered a pay raise if he hanged his views, because he is pro everything ot take hitting out of the game now.

That was just a sarcastic joke regarding their lovers quarrel last week, they bickered like a married couple and you either get divorced or get it on lol. I hate both of them and I didnt want to get Pierre in that one cause that just leaves bad visions in my head :scared:
I'M WRECKING SHOP!!!

#20 The Production Line

The Production Line

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:38 PM

Eklund is tweeting that Voracek does not have a concussion. That's amazing if true, but it is Eklund.