• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Tim.D

Wings meet Preds in First Round

Rate this topic

As I said I am confident the Wings will come out flying in this series. If they can somehow catch the Preds off guard and steal BOTH games in Nashville then it will be a sweep and that COULD HAPPEN. The preds do not have a lot of playoff experience and they have a team this year that is EXPECTED TO WIN. Because of this new expectation that has been placed on them, that might have a negative impact on some of their key players in the playoffs because the playoffs are a whole different ball game. So the Preds could come out nervous and get hit by the Wings early and like I said if that happens then we sweep. More likely is that we win 1 of the 2 games in Nashville then come home to win both games and then win the series in game 5 or 6. Regardless I don't think the Preds will be able to contain our top guns.

So the series will either open Wednesday night or Thursday night and I am REALLY HOPING it is Thursday because I have 2 exams on Thursday and if the Wings have a game Wednesday night I don't see much studying getting done lol!

I'm all for this. I would much rather start the playoffs close to home. No sense getting worn out by travel in the first round. If the Preds are going to be a tough series, better to face it first rather than possibly later after flying out west.

If we get Helm back and the Doctor Jekyll Wings show up, I have no worries, not even running into a potentially hot goalie. If the Mr. Hyde Wings show up, we're in trouble no matter who we play.

Pretty much how I feel as well. I just don't see it right now with their inconsistency at present. Would love the Wings to prove me wrong obviously and I'm going to watch every game hoping they win.

DISCLAIMER...I'm not saying or going to say so and so sucks, this team is f'ed beyond repair in an angry doomsday scenario. That's not my style. If the above isn't good enough for some of you or I'm not a real fan because of the above, well I'm not really all that sorry and you can kiss my a** for all I care.

Whoa, :clap:, SWF. Get down with your bad self!

EDIT: Though I'm going with Wings in 6, myself.

Edited by Dabura

The more I think the more confident I feel about this. How many times have we hit the post these last 10 games? In that sense, the luck has to go our way sooner or later. If even half of those goals go in, our record looks a lot better.

Lots and ifs and buts in that statement but it's true. I have faith that the players on our team with playoff experience that they have, will lead the team to a series win. I'm surprised so many wings fans have thrown in the towel already, before a pucks been dropped in the series. It's disappointing to see, to be honest.

Just remember, we were 3-0 down against the sharks last year and took it to a game 7, didn't we? Nashville, if they do manage to beat us, won't get through us easily,

Since the lockout, both times the Wings did not open the playoffs against a team from the far West, they went on to the Stanley Cup Finals, winning in 08 and being screwed in 09. I fully believe that the Wings will be able to handle the Preds and if the Wings get feelign good about themselves they will become very dangerous. Personally I cant wait to hear Pierre Muguire pick Smashville to win the series, then list a whole bunch of nonsense reasons. Then after the Wings win the series, he will go on about how he will never bet against the Wings again and blah blah blah. GO WINGS

Since the lockout, both times the Wings did not open the playoffs against a team from the far West, they went on to the Stanley Cup Finals, winning in 08 and being screwed in 09. I fully believe that the Wings will be able to handle the Preds and if the Wings get feelign good about themselves they will become very dangerous. Personally I cant wait to hear Pierre Muguire pick Smashville to win the series, then list a whole bunch of nonsense reasons. Then after the Wings win the series, he will go on about how he will never bet against the Wings again and blah blah blah. GO WINGS

As if anything that comes out of "****** Canoe's" mouth makes sense....

Edited by SouthernHockeyHoney

Wings in 6. I am not afraid of the Preds and like that the match-up is closer to home, so time zone issues won't be a problem... or excuse. The Wings simply MUST play the entire game, and not the last 10 minutes of the 4rd, or they're done for, however. Preds will not roll over, by any stretch.

As for Peckerini, he has the edge on size -- Jimmy simply can't make himself into a 6'5" giant. I have no reservations about Jimmy Howard. None. He's proved over and over this season that he's the reason we're in a lot of games at all. Jimmy's quick and our D will step up. We have more depth across the board, aside from goal. Equalizer! Offense scares me more, however, I think several players have another gear (Mule, I am looking at you) which I sincerely hope they engage for this round.

Can the Wings bring it? Yes, I believe they can do this. One period, one game, one round at a time.

Go, Wings!!

Preds with nothing to play for is leading Colorado 3-1. Shows me that they got it and we don't ... we had something to play for and notta. I'll watch every game and hope that the Wings win but if I take off my homer glasses, I think it will be a short series, Preds in 5.

Guest The Production Line

Preds with nothing to play for is leading Colorado 3-1. Shows me that they got it and we don't ... we had something to play for and notta. I'll watch every game and hope that the Wings win but if I take off my homer glasses, I think it will be a short series, Preds in 5.

Colorado doesn't have anything to play for either.

Does anyone know when the playoff schedule will be released?

1 pm tomorrow.

Preds in 5 or 6. Sorry, love the Wings but I've got to be realistic. Preds have reloaded whereas we got Quincey.

Agreed, Preds in 5. This team has shown that it doesn't have the heart to win tough games.

Agreed, Preds in 5. This team has shown that it doesn't have the heart to win tough games.

That's so crappy to hear going into the playoffs but it's just....true. when we got hot we were as good as anybody but since then we've been streaky, won games via shoot out, or just flat out played uninspired hockey. This sucks. I'm sick of the turn on the switch mantra, we should be elite all year round with this group of players, but were not. Instead a team that SHOULD have contended for the president's trophy ate instead going into the playoffs like they're not going to make it out of the first round. Granted injuries happened...they always do...we just don't have an excuse now

As I said I am confident the Wings will come out flying in this series. If they can somehow catch the Preds off guard and steal BOTH games in Nashville then it will be a sweep and that COULD HAPPEN. The preds do not have a lot of playoff experience and they have a team this year that is EXPECTED TO WIN. Because of this new expectation that has been placed on them, that might have a negative impact on some of their key players in the playoffs because the playoffs are a whole different ball game. So the Preds could come out nervous and get hit by the Wings early and like I said if that happens then we sweep. More likely is that we win 1 of the 2 games in Nashville then come home to win both games and then win the series in game 5 or 6. Regardless I don't think the Preds will be able to contain our top guns.

So the series will either open Wednesday night or Thursday night and I am REALLY HOPING it is Thursday because I have 2 exams on Thursday and if the Wings have a game Wednesday night I don't see much studying getting done lol!

Exsqueeze me?! We don't have playoff experience? Have you been living under a rock? We've been in the playoffs 7 of the last 8 years. Yeah, that's not experience

Btw...no one in smashville is takin this series lightly. We know what's at stake. We know it's gonna be a death match. We are sensing some major disrespect from a lot of wings fan.

Exsqueeze me?! We don't have playoff experience? Have you been living under a rock? We've been in the playoffs 7 of the last 8 years. Yeah, that's not experience

I had to look this up because I didn't believe you. And much to my surprise Nashville has indeed made 6 playoffs appearances (7 if you include this year)

But last year was the first time they have ever won a series...:(

So, yes. I'd say a lack of playoff experience is accurate in describing the Predators. Sorry

Btw...no one in smashville is takin this series lightly. We know what's at stake. We know it's gonna be a death match. We are sensing some major disrespect from a lot of wings fan.

To be fair, he said not a lot of experience. Compared to 21 consecutive years and the entire length of Lidstrom's career, Preds don't have a lot.

I don't know what you're sensing or where you're sensing it from, but I don't see any disrespect here thus far.

Bear in mind you're in enemy territory for future reference.

Sorry let me specify... you dont have much experience WINNING IN THE PLAYOFFS. By no means do I want to make you think I am disrespecting your team because I am not, in fact I respect them very much for how they have built a solid team out of nothing. But you match up their experience of winning big games in the playoffs next to the Wings experience of winning and you get what I mean. I understand the argument that you guys have Weber and Suter... but we have Nicklas Lidstrom who imo is still the best all around dman in the world... especially in big time games.

Next to Lidstrom, we have a better core of Dmen then the Preds too in White, Kronners, Stuart, Ericsson and Quincy. You guys have a good D core too, but ours is just more experienced and better at both areas of the ice.

Switch gears to the offence. Do I really need to get into this? Yah you guys got Radaolov back, Erat, Kostistyn brothers... but do you really think that they are better than the likes of Pavel Datsyuk, Henrik Zetterberg, Val Filpulla, Playoff mode Franzen?

The Preds play really well as a team, but I don't think they can match the Wings' playoff tempo. The preds have been playing playoff hockey all season long like the Blues, whereas the Wings were able to take several games off and still get wins. There is a big difference between regular season hockey and playoff hockey and I don't think the Preds will be able to switch to the gear that the Wings will and the Preds will have a difficult time containing our top 6 compared to us containing yours. It will be a great series and I expect every game will be close, but I predict the Wings will come out on top.

So apparently coming down from 2-0 against St Louis in enemy territory is not proof that this team has heart and can win tough games.

This (Wings) team has it in them. We know what they can do when they really want it. I know there are no guarantees which team will show up, but to say this team is incapable of competing when the going gets tough is just wrong.

For those of you who are not only doubting the wings but are questioning their character just remember this: "Those who stay will be champions."

No.

Anyone who is going into the playoffs HAS something to play for. Try different lines , mix up the face-off men....the AVS have nothing to play for since they didn't make the playoffs. If you are motivated team,you should be working.

As for us....we got notta? Pretty sure we came back from a two goal deficit to take it to a shootout.

Wings in six....enjoy your crow before round 2

I had to look this up because I didn't believe you. And much to my surprise Nashville has indeed made 6 playoffs appearances (7 if you include this year)

But last year was the first time they have ever won a series...:(

So, yes. I'd say a lack of playoff experience is accurate in describing the Predators. Sorry

There is a difference between PO experience and po success. You should know the difference between the two. Have we had much PO success? No. We've got loads of experience. Nothing you throw at us will surprise us.

There is a difference between PO experience and po success. You should know the difference between the two. Have we had much PO success? No. We've got loads of experience. Nothing you throw at us will surprise us.

In that case I guess they wont be surprised when they lose the series