• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Tim.D

Wings meet Preds in First Round

Rate this topic

Nashville in 4. Our Defense is weak, we have forwards that turn the damn puck over all the time, along with defensive errors over and over. Oh yeah, our Powerplay is nonexistant and they happen to have the best power play at home. Did I mention the fact this team is 17-21-3 on the damn road................... Game, Set, Match. Sorry Folks.

Nashville in 4. Our Defense is weak, we have forwards that turn the damn puck over all the time, along with defensive errors over and over. Oh yeah, our Powerplay is nonexistant and they happen to have the best power play at home. Did I mention the fact this team is 17-21-3 on the damn road................... Game, Set, Match. Sorry Folks.

Omg..

LOL

The Wings CAN beat the Preds. But they will have to play with lots of heart and lots of effort. ( which has been an issue most of the season ) The Wings need to come out with all their guns blazing in game one because if the Preds get the jump I think it will be over in 5. Win it all for Lidstrom boys!

Guest Heaten

Lol?

Not sure if serious :/

The only reason why Nashville is close to Detroit in the standings is because Datsyuk, Lidstrom, Franzen, helm, Ericsson, and Eaves have been out for a significant amount of time. They coast 55 minutes per game to avoid, yet, more injuries during the meaningless regular season.

Red Wings (when healthy) are by far the superior team. gonna be lots of disappointed folks on this message forum when Detroit flip the switch and come out blazing.

Edited by Heaten

All you that are predicting Nashville to win , please exit right and don't watch anymore because it just won't be worth your time.

this won't be a easy series for the wings,just go ask the ducks and canucks

Bridgestone arena will be rocking for game 1

Geaux Preds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Wings CAN beat the Preds. But they will have to play with lots of heart and lots of effort. ( which has been an issue most of the season ) The Wings need to come out with all their guns blazing in game one because if the Preds get the jump I think it will be over in 5. Win it all for Lidstrom boys!

My thoughts also. If the Preds get the jump then the Red Wings only win game 3 at home. The Red Wings need to start game 1 with smash-mouth hockey and not take the foot off their throat the whole series.

Nashville does worry me because of the roster additions they made at the trade deadline. They are not the same team the Red Wings handled earlier in the year.

Fingers crossed but not getting my hopes up. :(

this won't be a easy series for the wings,just go ask the ducks and canucks

Bridgestone arena will be rocking for game 1

Geaux Preds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't remember the nucks having many issues against the press last year to be honest lol

Edited by brennan17

Datsyuk has Rinne's number. Red Wings are going to school Nashville... Preds are out of their league agaisnt a superior and veteran DRWs.

I guess you don't know too much about Nashville then...they live to do ANYTHING better then the Wings...I assure you they will be 100 times more geared up for this series then we will, we are "The Bar" so to speak as to where they wanna be..and keep in mind they are starting at home in front of their fans who feel the same way..Nobody is gonna "school" anybody in this series. Heck, they are more then thrilled just to finally finish ahead of the Wings for the first time ever, it's a big deal to them.

It all depends which Wings team shows up that will decide the series...if its the team that was playing as hard during the home record streak then I like our chances...if its the team thats been around since after the streak thinking they can just flip a switch whenever they want to start playing, then it will be a short series for us.

Edited by Scrappy's Servant

Driving to game 4 of the Wings-Sharks series last year, I told my wife "well at least we get to see the last Wings game of the year"

They might have lost that series, but this team proved to me then that its loaded with heart and character thats not always easy to see. I'm not overconfident as a Wing fan, but you'd be nuts to be overconfident as a Preds fan.

Wings in 7

Well, they dug themselves a hole (no home ice through the playoffs most likely) and now they have to live in it. Everything hinges on their ability to win on the road now.

I guess you don't know too much about Nashville then...they live to do ANYTHING better then the Wings...I assure you they will be 100 times more geared up for this series then we will, we are "The Bar" so to speak as to where they wanna be..and keep in mind they are starting at home in front of their fans who feel the same way..Nobody is gonna "school" anybody in this series. Heck, they are more then thrilled just to finally finish ahead of the Wings for the first time ever, it's a big deal to them.

It all depends which Wings team shows up that will decide the series...if its the team that was playing as hard during the home record streak then I like our chances...if its the team thats been around since after the streak thinking they can just flip a switch whenever they want to start playing, then it will be a short series for us.

This is what I'm afraid of. To Nashville, the Wings are an arch-rival. A benchmark.

To the Wings, Nashville is just another team. I certainly hope heart and motivation isn't lacking on the Wings roster.

I do think Wings in 6, though.

So if we stay tied with Nashville after their game tonight, we still sit in the 5 spot?!? We have one more win overall, less OT wins, and the season series was tied.... How does it make sense that the tie-breaker goes to Nashville?

Did they change the rules, I thought they went off points, then overall wins as the first tie breaker?

Yes. Points, then ROW (Regulation+Overtime Wins/All Wins) which Nashville leads in.

If we get the road game going strong then it's ours. A playoff series is far different from the regular season. All the preparation work will be working on ways to play against ONE team, not a combination of 29 others. Get game 1 right and the momentum is ours.

Lets Go Wings

Guest irishock

I don't think we'll lose on home ice. It'll come down to whether or not we can ****** a game in Nashville.

One good thing I think the Wings can take into this series is that they've never lost a playoff series to the Preds, If I'm correct. The Preds have a great team this season and the Wings have been very inconsistent, if both teams play to their full potential than it should be a great series and I'll go out on a limb and say Wings in 7 if we see the Wings that we've seen recently than Preds in 5 or maybe even 4. I know most of you are thrilled as hell to have the playoffs here but for me this is the time I start suffering depression. My season just got over today and the start of the NHL Playoffs means the end of the NHL and most Hockey seasons very soon, regardless of who wins the Cup. Granted if the Wings Win The Cup it makes the summer a little bit easier to get through but I live for September to December 25th at Midnight. So best of luck to all the teams going into the playoffs and hopefully the Wings can shock the hell out of me and most everyone in the league and take it all but only if they play their absolute best hockey. Go Detroit Red Wings!!!!

nashville in 6

prove me wrong wings

Pretty much how I feel as well. I just don't see it right now with their inconsistency at present. Would love the Wings to prove me wrong obviously and I'm going to watch every game hoping they win.

DISCLAIMER...I'm not saying or going to say so and so sucks, this team is f'ed beyond repair in an angry doomsday scenario. That's not my style. If the above isn't good enough for some of you or I'm not a real fan because of the above, well I'm not really all that sorry and you can kiss my a** for all I care.

I'm usually positive the Wings can turn it on in the playoffs, I still am. I think the Wings will win in 4 games. Now with that said, I'm damn proud of this division this year. The Preds, The Blues, The Hawks, what a great year for this division. and if the Preds take this series, which they should feel very confident in doing, I wish them the best for the rest of the playoffs. I'm glad the Wings aren't going in as a top seed, look how many times we had that spoiled. Lets go in as underdogs, if we lose oh well, but at least it won't be like a number 1 seed getting upset by the 8th seed. Anything can happen in the playoffs remember that.