• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Tim.D

Wings meet Preds in First Round

Rate this topic

Wings in five. Howard=Rinne. Wings offense>>Preds offense. Preds Defense>Wings defense. Preds special teams>>Wings Special Teams. Wings proven playoff performers>>>>>Preds proven playoff performers. Franzen>>>>>>>>>Preds.

Edited by Konnan511

Vandyfan84- "Are you really trying to say jimmy Howard is in the conversation with Rinne? That's rich right there"

I really hope this is just about the Vezina because if it isnt and you are generally saying that Jimmy shouldnt be in the same conversation as Pekka we'll have to discuss this further.

Well this will be Pekks second invitation to Las Vegas as a Vezina finalist. Even though I don't think he will win it. Quick wins it in my opinion

Wings in five. Howard=Rinne. Wings offense>>Preds offense. Preds Defense>Wings defense. Preds special teams>>Wings Special Teams. Wings proven playoff performers>>>>>Preds proven playoff performers. Franzen>>>>>>>>>Preds.

And this is the disrespect I was speaking of.

This will be a hard-fought series. Nashville has slowly acquired more and more playoff experience and is definitely a threat to any team.

I have faith the Wings though. When they're at their best, no team can beat them in a 7-game series. Even though they've been up and (mostly) down in the last month or two, they have a habit of cooling off at the end of the season, like they're waiting for the playoffs.. and then they flick the switch.

Wings in 6.

Seriously? First of all, you might want to re-read the post. The only part you could possibly, maybe consider disrepectful is the last line.

Secondly, you might want to consider developing a thicker skin. Hockey ain't no place for a nervous person, and if that post bothers you, you're in for a rude awakening.

Stick around. We're pretty cool around here, as long as you are as well.

Well this will be Pekks second invitation to Las Vegas as a Vezina finalist. Even though I don't think he will win it. Quick wins it in my opinion

It's a wings board. What did I say that was inaccurate? You guys have better defense and special teams and we have Franzen and guys who excel in the playoffs. Show me one player on the Preds that produces like Franzen or Filppula in the playoffs year after year. Grow some thicker skin bro.

It's a wings board. What did I say that was inaccurate? You guys have better defense and special teams and we have Franzen and guys who excel in the playoffs. Show me one player on the Preds that produces like Franzen or Filppula in the playoffs year after year. Grow some thicker skin bro.

The fact that you think this series will be over in 5 shows you need to have your head examined

Forgive me if I think we have earned some respect that were not receiving.

The fact that you think this series will be over in 5 shows you need to have your head examined

hahaha says the vandy fan. hahahahahaha

you come to a wings board and think because you pull out some wins with boring ass hockey you earned some respect? win a cup or 2 and not get put out by big brother and maybe..just maybe you will have some wings fans respect you and your team.

Edited by hillbillywingsfan

The wings do have more experience, more success, and more offensive fire power. I know and Preds fans know what lies ahead. You are the benchmark as it has been stated. Yall should take pride in that.

hahaha says the vandy fan. hahahahahaha

you come to a wings board and think because you pull out some wins with boring ass hockey you earned some respect? win a cup or 2 and not get put out by big brother and maybe..just maybe you will have some wings fans respect you and your team.

So this is gonna turn into a "my school is better than your school" debate huh?

The wings do have more experience, more success, and more offensive fire power. I know and Preds fans know what lies ahead. You are the benchmark as it has been stated. Yall should take pride in that.

So this is gonna turn into a "my school is better than your school" debate huh?

not at all if you don't start it. Just don't come on here and demand some so called respect when you haven't earned any. that is all.

omg preds guy u need to go learn the game of hockey and then come back and talk to us please. First of all Henrik Lunquist is winning the veizna and he is wayyyy more proven then ur pal Rinne. Second of all just go away until you have an actual meaningful argument.

- Our defence is clearly deeper, more balanced and far more experienced

- Our offence is clearly more balanced and our top 6 are WAY more lethal than yours

- Your goaltending is stronger, but Howard is still a very good goalie

Having said that, it will be a good series, but the points we make are the truth. You are just in denial.

Why should I have my head examined? I didn't say we'd win 5-0 every game. I think we win the first two games in OT. Then we lose our first game at home. Followed up by two straight low scoring games. Every game will be a one goal game. That's not disrespect.

I think on any given night we can beat the Preds. Hard fought and close, but win nonetheless.

Look at your attitude. Coming to a passionate Wings' fan forum and saying our opinion about our favorite team is wrong. Talk about disrespect.

In denial? Lol yeah ok buddy.

Well revisit this in about 2 weeks and if I'm wrong I'll eat crow. But this isn't the old predators team that used to just enjoy getting to the playoffs. We've tasted a tiny morsel of success. We've come back for more.

Why should I have my head examined? I didn't say we'd win 5-0 every game. I think we win the first two games in OT. Then we lose our first game at home. Followed up by two straight low scoring games. Every game will be a one goal game. That's not disrespect.

I think on any given night we can beat the Preds. Hard fought and close, but win nonetheless.

Look at your attitude. Coming to a passionate Wings' fan forum and saying our opinion about our favorite team is wrong. Talk about disrespect.

Right there...youre going to win both games in Nashville bit lose your first home game? That's just ass backwards because you're not a very good road team but you are dominant at the Joe.

Can we define respect?

I can't speak for all, but from my perspective, the Preds will get respect when there's blood on the ice and the day comes where we know that the road to the Cup goes through Nashville.

I'm not denegrating the Preds, but they're not a rival yet. Those kinds of things take years to develop, or Claude Lemieux.

Chances may not be the best and most likely we will get beaten and I am prepared for that. However, I never bet against my team or pick their opponent to win. I have predicted the Tigers to win the World Series every year since 2007 and have predicted the Wings to win the Cup since 2009 (I haven't really made many sports predictions)

So, go Wings! Don't care how many you take, just get it done

I'm confused. Do they want respect or do they want everybody on a Wings forum to sit here and compliment the Preds over and over? I haven't really seen any disrespect on here at all and the comments that are being labeled as disrespectful seem to be any comment where we state that the Wings are better in any area. Hate to break it to you buddy but on a Red Wings forum, people are likely going to favor the Wings...go figure.

This will be one hell of a series.

In denial? Lol yeah ok buddy.

Well revisit this in about 2 weeks and if I'm wrong I'll eat crow. But this isn't the old predators team that used to just enjoy getting to the playoffs. We've tasted a tiny morsel of success. We've come back for more.

Right there...youre going to win both games in Nashville bit lose your first home game? That's just ass backwards because you're not a very good road team but you are dominant at the Joe.

Until you win something you are !

I'm pretty sick and tired of people calling out Wings fans who can read the writing on the wall. Some of us can take off our homer glasses and see that the way we've been playing (ie. very sh*tty) the last 2 weeks, we're not going to get out of round 1. All the evidence that I've seen in the last 2-3 weeks, show that they can't 'flip the switch' or they would have already to get #4 seed to secure home ice advantage. Does it need to be said that we are sh*tty on the road? Damn, some of you must still believe in Santa Claus or the tooth fairy.

Will I ever bet against them, no. Will I still cheer for them, of course. Do I think they will win this series ... no. Does that make me a fair weather bandwagon fan ... NO. I guess we'll have to come back to this thread in 2 weeks to see who will eat crow.

Exsqueeze me?! We don't have playoff experience? Have you been living under a rock? We've been in the playoffs 7 of the last 8 years. Yeah, that's not experience

Yep you have experience and I'll remind you

97/98- 02/03 DIDNT MAKE IT

03-04 Lose to the Wings 1st round 2-4

05-06 Lose to the Sharks 1st round 1-4

06-07 Lose to the Sharks AGAIN 1st round 1-4

07-08 Lose to the Wings again 2-4 in the 1st round AND WE WON THE CUP FOR THE 11th TIME

08-09 DIDNT GO boo hoo

09-10 Lose to the Blackhawks in the 1st round 2-4

10-11 You beat the DUCKS lol in 6 and LOST to the Canucks in 6 in the 2nd round

Now Ill show you what experience is..

97-98 WIN THE CUP for the second consecutive year

98-99 win 1st round 4-0 against Duck lose to the Av 2-4

99-00 win 1st round 4-0 against Kings lose to the Av 1-4

00-01 lose to Kings 2-4

01-02 WIN THE CUP!!

02-03 Lose 0-4 Ducks

03-04 win 1st against the Preds 4-2 lose 2-4 to Calgary

05-06 lose to Oilers 2-4

06-07 win first round againsts Flames 4-2 win second round 4-2 against the Sharks and lose 2-4 to the Ducks

07-08 WIN THE CUP!!!

08-09 Lose in the cup to the Penguins 3-4

09-10 Win 1st against the Coyotes 4-3 lose to the Sharks 1-4

10-11 Win 1st against Coyotes 4-0 lose to Sharks 3-4

SOOOO. Who has more playoff experience???

Good luck, youre gonna need it.

If there were ever a road series to wanna win, I think this would be the one. We have an easy travel schedule, and match up pretty good against Nashville. I personally think the possibility for all of the top 4 seeds to be gone for the 2nd round is pretty good. I may be in the minority, but Vancouver will have a tough time against the Kings, I don't think the Blues can beat the Sharks, Yotes/Hawks will be a crap shoot, and then our series where the winner of the series will probably be the most battle tested of the teams to advance. Bring on the games, this truly is the best time of year :thumbup:

datsyuk and zetterburg are really going to be physically targeted by the preds... i would hate to see one of them get injured. they better keep their heads up and play with a physical edge because nashville is a dirty team and will try to injure our star players and that is NOT what we need.

also need players to stand up for each other and fight if needed. can not be pushed around against a physical team like nashville

Beating the Preds will be the 2nd best thing to winning the cup this year for me. Even if it means limping an injured rosters into the 2nd round and getting smoked - Weber, Suter, and Radulovs impending free agent statuses and any chance we have to play big brother and cradle rob for this pathetic hockey market will evaporate with a loss to them. If we can beat the Preds and derail this redneck bandwagon that only likes Nashville bcause their relevant (not because they know/play the game themselves) we can set this organization back half a decade in development if we can rape and pillage for their franchise players.