#1 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,222 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:59 PM

http://swisshabs.blo...t-recu-des.html
http://www.toutsurle...s-dans-la-lnh-/

Best Swiss forward, Brunner received offers from: Wild, Habs and Detroit. It seems that Bab's is more than impressed by Brunner.

To me, he seems to be ready for NHL.

Right Hand Shoot and some Dats skills...
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#2 ami

ami

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 07:05 PM

Best Swiss forward, Brunner received offers from: Wild, Habs and Detroit. It seems that Bab's is more than impressed by Brunner.

To me, he seems to be ready for NHL.

Right Hand Shoot and some Dats skills...

he looks as impressive as defense look crappy... i wonder if we witnessing another brunner..

Edited by ami, 16 May 2012 - 07:05 PM.

#3 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,055 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 07:25 PM

I've heard he's (relatively) gritty.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#4 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 07:35 PM

Interesting

#5 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 07:56 PM

more than half those moves were datsyuk like.

looks like all he does is shoot. i like it. lead scorer on the swiss team in world champions too.

#6 Nevermind

Nevermind

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:04 PM

Part of the Lightning's summer to-do list is to find a top-six forward. That is why general manager Steve Yzerman, at the world championship in Helsinki, Finland, is keeping a close eye on Swiss forward Damien Brunner.

"Highly skilled and fast," Yzerman wrote Tuesday night in a text message, adding Tampa Bay isn't the only team interested in the 5-foot-11, 187-pound right-handed shot.

I would take Yzerman's word for it.

Link

Edited by Nevermind, 16 May 2012 - 08:05 PM.

#7 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:46 PM

I really like the look of this kid thats for sure. We will see how this pans out but either way I hope to see him in the bigs next year.
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#8 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:46 PM

I'm all for it. These are pretty low-risk propositions. Brunnstrom could have been amazing, but he wasn't, so we dumped him in the AHL. Especially since he's a shooter, go for it, just don't hinge the success of the team on him.

He looks amazing, but then again, everyone does in highlight clips. And those defensemen looked pretty terrible, too. But if his first instinct is to shoot, we need him.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#9 GSBrooks13

GSBrooks13

1st Line All-Star

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:54 PM

He really loves the stutter step to change the angle before he shoots.. Impressive how quickly he is able to do it.

"Push the dirt off your jersey then go for the cup or the trophy or the ring, champion no matter what."

#10 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,608 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:59 PM

This just in....Holland not interested in Parise. I'm joking, but seriously? It looks like Holland STILL refuses to change the makeup of this team, a makeup that has been waning and waning year after year. Sorry, just my opinion...

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#11 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,696 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 09:18 PM

wouldn't mind this if it means another old guy is moving on in his place. Maybe Cleary or a trade involving franzen or something. The top 6 is getting SOOOO crowded if we get him and possibly parise and nyquist up full time. Although we could have a legitimate third scoring line soon. Just need to say bye to homer and probs cleary, too bad we are stuck with bert.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#12 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 10:31 PM

What I don't understand is....are teams allowed to make offers after the trade deadline during the playoffs to players so long as they are not in the league or were under contract by another team?

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#13 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:33 PM

Does he want to play in Grand Rapids?

#14 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:29 AM

What I don't understand is....are teams allowed to make offers after the trade deadline during the playoffs to players so long as they are not in the league or were under contract by another team?

Yes, I think so. As long as the player is outside of the league after the end of the NHL season he can be signed.

I wonder how much Brunner would cost? Do they come in on entry level contracts? I forget what Brunnstrom and Leino came in on.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#15 Dimaline312000

Dimaline312000

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 08:26 AM

Would love to see the Wings get him and have him in the line-up ASAP!!

#16 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,521 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 08:54 AM

hudler's replacement

#17 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:09 AM

I've heard he's (relatively) gritty.

Already better than the Mule :hehe:
IPB Image

#18 Rick D

Rick D

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:40 AM

hudler's replacement

I was thinking the same thing.

Eff Chicago

Eff Boston

#19 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,901 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:48 AM

hudler's replacement

that's about the only way I could get excited about him.

I'm not really a grit slappy, but I am getting weary of the Wings being excited about a player, then seeing that he's under 6' and 185 lbs.

That being said, it looks like he has a great shot and isn't afraid to use it. The Wings could use more of that. But they can also use players who are big, strong, and willing to go to the tough areas of the ice and score ugly goals.

#20 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,608 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:56 AM

hudler's replacement

although I would love to see ANYTHING replace Hudler, but isn't that what Parise is supposed to be? I really don't understand all this, offer this guy and contract, probably re-signing Holmstrom gonna go hard after Parise....Nyquist here full time. Emmerton and Mursak have ZERO options to GR, just where is Holland going to put all these forwards? Not to mention wanting Lidstrom and Suter and Smith here permanently. There is only room for 23 players, maybe Holland is just getting back up plans or maybe he plans on getting rid of some players from last season. Personally, I'd rather keep Miller and Eaves over Bertuzzi and Cleary...Maybe Eaves is done? I just have a weird feeling that a ton of us fans are going to be disappointed come July 2nd when Holland doesn't score the two players he absolutely HAS to get to turn this team back in the right direction...

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?