• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dominator2005

Red Wings make offer to Damien Brunner

Rate this topic

Is defense and solid goal-tending a penalty in the Swiss league? In all honesty if he does sign its one of those low risk high reward things. Its just hard to get excited for these players signing. Highlight tapes with bad defense and goal-tending can make me look like an NHL player. Until he proves he can play well in the North American game he just a lowly prospect who should be nowhere near the main squad.

Someone mentioned Hudler?They like him in Ottawa it seems.

Godspeed Jiri! It was fun (not) but I do wish you the best!

Seriously, if Holland has any words for Hudler on his tongue, it better be "good luck with your career!" If Holland re-signs Holmstrom & Hudler, may as well forget getting better up front, because unless Holland trades some folks off this roster (I hope not) there will no room for a UFA.

Anyone who wants Semin at anything more than 4mil is nuts. He would instantly make this year's Franzen look like a super gritty workaholic. There's a reason why Washington was happy to see him go. Why would we want his drama when he only produced 4 more pts than Hudler with way more ice time and more than twice the cap hit? In a cap world he's not worth the risk. If he was willing to take a real salary cut things might be different but the KHL will throw tons of cash at him. He's got significantly more skill than Radulov so one would assume he'd dominate a league that was ruled by Rad.

:hysterical: LMAO no one can make Franzen look like that...However my point is I would rather have Semin @ 4 then Hudler @ 4.

Hopefully this isnt a case of brunnstrom or modano. I see him going somewhere lesd crowded to better his career and boost his stock.

I still feel Brunnstrom did not get the shot he should have this past year. I think he could have been a great part of the Wings after Eaves went down.

:hysterical: LMAO no one can make Franzen look like that...However my point is I would rather have Semin @ 4 then Hudler @ 4.

A) yes, Semin would do that to Franzen.

B) Semin is not going to take a 2million dollar pay cut.

Hopefully this isnt a case of brunnstrom or modano. I see him going somewhere lesd crowded to better his career and boost his stock.

Brunstrom was brought in to compete for a job at training camp and spent his season in GR as a depth forward. He cost zero assets to acquire and thus was a perfectly sensible signing.

If the Wings sign Brunner it's the exact same situation. Zero downside. If he thrives he makes the team better, if he fails to thrive he gets buried in the minors and didn't cost a pick or prospect to obtain anyway so whatever.

Edited by Drake_Marcus

My birthday is July 2nd, Holland told me he was getting Parise as a present and he's going to let me touch the cup next summer.

Good! You can have him,because Detroit don't need another under 6' forward.If the forwards they have would have preformed up to there standards they would still be playing.They were second in the league or third in goals in season.

Good! You can have him,because Detroit don't need another under 6' forward.If the forwards they have would have preformed up to there standards they would still be playing.They were second in the league or third in goals in season.

This has gotta be the third or fourth time I've seen you knock Parise for his size (assuming it's Parise you're referring to). The Wings do need to get bigger - but this isn't some soft, smallish Euro we're talking about. Parise's 5'11 and a little under 200 pounds. He's like a cross between Helm and Datsyuk - and he scores in the playoffs.

Brunner, on the other hand...I could do without this organization's collective hard-on for his type. But maybe that's unfair to him. I certainly hope so. And besides, as others have said, it's a zero-risk proposition.

A) yes, Semin would do that to Franzen.

B) Semin is not going to take a 2million dollar pay cut.

A) Still no, Semin may be less `gritty` (neither will ever be gritty enough to use to the word gritty however) but he would certainly out work Franzen that`s for sure.

B) I think Semin needs to do a 1-2 year deal with a good team at a lower price to be able to show he still has it, then given he has success sign a juicer deal.

Guest Heaten

Someone mentioned Hudler?They like him in Ottawa it seems.

It would suck if we lose Hudler and don't land Parise. I'm not very optimistic Wings will get Parise so I hope Holland doesn't wait around too long. I highly doubt Parise will be lacing them up in a winged wheel anytime soon....

It would suck if we lose Hudler and don't land Parise. I'm not very optimistic Wings will get Parise so I hope Holland doesn't wait around too long. I highly doubt Parise will be lacing them up in a winged wheel anytime soon....

I hope you are wrong, but there are a lot of players out there that can and will replace Hudler and be a bigger impact for us. Sure he had 50 points, but that just means he will be looking for a raise and the Wings cannot afford to waste more cap space on the "same old team." Besides, bring back Hudler & Holmstrom, that is two more roster spots taken that can be filled with someone who can score 40+ goals. Not unless there is a trade brewing, but I doubt it...

watching his highlights he reminds me of kovalchuk/fedorov.

fast...tricky...determined...wicked wrister...right hander...got size.

definitely worth the gamble.

he seems to be "off the radar" in all the NHL news...

schultz

brunner

parise

suter

konopka

where do we put them all!

hahaha!

schultz

brunner

parise

suter

konopka

hahaha!

Hockeydb.com lists him at 5'10", 175#. He doesn't have size.

schultz

brunner

parise

suter

konopka

hahaha!

I highly doubt we will land a ton of people. However, I wouldn't mind having more free draft picks like this kid and Schultz. I don't think many of these goals happen in the NHL. My hopes aren't going to be high with this kid... but at least he would try to score goals and play hard. If he isn't a puck hound I say don't bother. I would like to see a guy like this in a depth role but we don't have room there. If we could make a big deal improvement... but there is no way what we need will happen. Just make it clear this guy isn't going to be a Hudler replacement. Not yet at least.

Kenny's schtick of signing Euro nobodies and other teams castoffs is getting old. I would like to see him focus on getting established NHL players for once.

No thanks.

Tired of the undersized players, long overdue for getting the much-needed size in the Wings lineup. Brunner may go to Tampa, where they would put him in the lineup. Schultz will be interesting, because there will be a couple of team who would put him on the NHL roster so he may go there. Not sure what Holland will do with the logjam at the blueline, Smith HAS to play every night, not split time with Kindl or whomever else.

This has gotta be the third or fourth time I've seen you knock Parise for his size (assuming it's Parise you're referring to). The Wings do need to get bigger - but this isn't some soft, smallish Euro we're talking about. Parise's 5'11 and a little under 200 pounds. He's like a cross between Helm and Datsyuk - and he scores in the playoffs.

Brunner, on the other hand...I could do without this organization's collective hard-on for his type. But maybe that's unfair to him. I certainly hope so. And besides, as others have said, it's a zero-risk proposition.

Well here I go again,but I don't think any of us need talk about Parise anymore.He's not leaving NJ now that they're in the finals.As for Brunner if they sign him he'll go to Grand Rapids.GR had 5 or6 rookies last year and will have 4 or 5 this year.I don't believe Detroit should set pat either.That's why Holland get paid the big bucks!

I say we take him if anything just because he'll actually shoot the puck it seems (not to mention the kid looks good).. we ned a goal scorer. We're a team full of play makers. If he's gunna shoot the puck i say we give him a shot on one of the top two lines at least for a little while at the beginning of the season.

Tired of the undersized players, long overdue for getting the much-needed size in the Wings lineup. Brunner may go to Tampa, where they would put him in the lineup. Schultz will be interesting, because there will be a couple of team who would put him on the NHL roster so he may go there. Not sure what Holland will do with the logjam at the blueline, Smith HAS to play every night, not split time with Kindl or whomever else.

Commodore, Quincey, White, Brunnstrom.....though I agree that we are undersized in the bottom 6, and under gritty

Well here I go again,but I don't think any of us need talk about Parise anymore.He's not leaving NJ now that they're in the finals.As for Brunner if they sign him he'll go to Grand Rapids.GR had 5 or6 rookies last year and will have 4 or 5 this year.I don't believe Detroit should set pat either.That's why Holland get paid the big bucks!

Doesn't matter that theyre in the finals, their cash situation will most likely not permit them to resign him to the big contract he'll command.

Guest Shoreline

Kenny's schtick of signing Euro nobodies and other teams castoffs is getting old. I would like to see him focus on getting established NHL players for once.

No thanks.

1337911931083.jpg

Commodore, Quincey, White, Brunnstrom.....though I agree that we are undersized in the bottom 6, and under gritty

Doesn't matter that theyre in the finals, their cash situation will most likely not permit them to resign him to the big contract he'll command.

They'll come up with the cash,they have too(you go to the finals and let your "C" get signed away).If you had cash problem with him, think what it will be like without him.Would you want to go see them play,not me.

They'll come up with the cash,they have too(you go to the finals and let your "C" get signed away).If you had cash problem with him, think what it will be like without him.Would you want to go see them play,not me.

.....? they're not just gonna magically come up with the cash/cap space. They'd have to severely hurt the depth of their team in order to keep him.....No one player is worth that. Fact is he could stay but it's more likely than not he'll be playing somewhere else next season.

Edited by number9