• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#41 The Secret

The Secret

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 08:19 AM

i really think we should trade him now while we can get somethin decent i think were gonna be really dissapointed this season and realize he only had a good year because of lidstrom

he was +23 this season and prior to that never went in the double digits in the last 3 seasons he played for 5 teams

I would much rather take a chance on like justin schultz and give him a guaranteed spot to start the season ... give him a 20 game trial at the least instead of risking losing him to another team who will guarantee him a spot , hes suppose to be a cant miss where as white i think will be gone after next year .... even if we cant land schultz id still trade white , hes highly overrated in my eyes

I first noticed White when he played against us in San Jose and thought he was a great little player. When we poicked him up I was so happy, I think White has been a fantastic addition. Low cost, high energy, gives his all, safe and for a small guy he plays bigger then some of our big guys... yes I'm looking at you Ericsson "The friendly giant". Trading White would be a dumb and pointless move imo.

#42 The Secret

The Secret

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 08:30 AM

i just dont think hes that valuable at all , hes a 5-6 in my eyes... time will tell

#2???? f*ck if ian white is our #2 d man then we got more problems than i thought

Hey, I know you are entitled to your opinion... hate him if will but did you watch him play at all? He was solid all around. Having White at #2 is a pretty safe option I think. As other have said, unless White was part of a package deal bringing in some big replacement parts trading him would be insane. Even if Schultz decided to sign and he earned a spot then half our D would basically be rookie's or noobs... how would that fill the gaping wounds left by Lids and Stuarts leaving and adding White to that?

#43 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,202 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 07:32 AM

He's a trade asset, IMO.* Not bait, because he's a pretty solid guy for us - but "tradable," IMO. Been saying this for a while.

*Unless all we're adding to the blue line this summer is Dennis Wideman or Jason Garrison, in which case, f***.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#44 ozone923

ozone923

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:03 AM

no way i know quincey has struggled but i think he'll have a bounce back year , i think hes a better defensemen overall i really cant see ian white coming back after the next season he just looked good cause of lidstrom

I would much rather guarantee schultz a spot on the team and put him with smith if it meant losing him to another team and getting rid of white to make it happen

Why the f would we guarantee a kid from college who has never played an NHL game a spot on the roster instead of a proven, consistent, all-round D-man like White? Pure silliness.

#45 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:12 PM

We are not trading White. One year left on his contract and don't know if he has a no trade clause or not. Doesn't work out this year then he leaves no biggie. Either way I don't see us trading him not now or anytime soon since we already have 2 or aguably 3 d-spots to fill.

#46 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,202 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:55 AM

We are not trading White. One year left on his contract and don't know if he has a no trade clause or not. Doesn't work out this year then he leaves no biggie. Either way I don't see us trading him not now or anytime soon since we already have 2 or aguably 3 d-spots to fill.

Even if it'd help us fetch an elite defenseman? (Naturally this would be a package dealio.)

Don't Toews me, bro!

#47 DangleDangleBeach

DangleDangleBeach

BIG PAV DANGLE HARD

• Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 12:29 PM

obviously if you could upgrade it would be worthwhile... (ie-yandle) but even so, hes one of our few right handed shots so that may not be the best idea depending on who we get (yandle shoots right). i also feel he is pretty consitent, moderately priced and has the some spark which this team seems to lack at times. i would personally like to see them keep him.

Edited by DangleDangleBeach, 25 June 2012 - 12:38 PM.