• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#41 The Secret

The Secret

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,220 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 08:19 AM

i really think we should trade him now while we can get somethin decent i think were gonna be really dissapointed this season and realize he only had a good year because of lidstrom

he was +23 this season and prior to that never went in the double digits in the last 3 seasons he played for 5 teams

I would much rather take a chance on like justin schultz and give him a guaranteed spot to start the season ... give him a 20 game trial at the least instead of risking losing him to another team who will guarantee him a spot , hes suppose to be a cant miss where as white i think will be gone after next year .... even if we cant land schultz id still trade white , hes highly overrated in my eyes

I first noticed White when he played against us in San Jose and thought he was a great little player. When we poicked him up I was so happy, I think White has been a fantastic addition. Low cost, high energy, gives his all, safe and for a small guy he plays bigger then some of our big guys... yes I'm looking at you Ericsson "The friendly giant". Trading White would be a dumb and pointless move imo.

#42 The Secret

The Secret

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,220 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 08:30 AM

i just dont think hes that valuable at all , hes a 5-6 in my eyes... time will tell

#2???? f*ck if ian white is our #2 d man then we got more problems than i thought

Hey, I know you are entitled to your opinion... hate him if will but did you watch him play at all? He was solid all around. Having White at #2 is a pretty safe option I think. As other have said, unless White was part of a package deal bringing in some big replacement parts trading him would be insane. Even if Schultz decided to sign and he earned a spot then half our D would basically be rookie's or noobs... how would that fill the gaping wounds left by Lids and Stuarts leaving and adding White to that?

#43 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,416 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 07:32 AM

He's a trade asset, IMO.* Not bait, because he's a pretty solid guy for us - but "tradable," IMO. Been saying this for a while.

*Unless all we're adding to the blue line this summer is Dennis Wideman or Jason Garrison, in which case, f***.

"If I were to wish for anything, I should not wish for wealth and power, but for the passionate sense of the potential, for the eye which, ever young and ardent, sees the possible. Pleasure disappoints, possibility never. And what wine is so sparkling, what so fragrant, what so intoxicating, as possibility!" - Kierkegaard

#44 ozone923

ozone923

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:03 AM

no way i know quincey has struggled but i think he'll have a bounce back year , i think hes a better defensemen overall i really cant see ian white coming back after the next season he just looked good cause of lidstrom

I would much rather guarantee schultz a spot on the team and put him with smith if it meant losing him to another team and getting rid of white to make it happen

Why the f would we guarantee a kid from college who has never played an NHL game a spot on the roster instead of a proven, consistent, all-round D-man like White? Pure silliness.

#45 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:12 PM

We are not trading White. One year left on his contract and don't know if he has a no trade clause or not. Doesn't work out this year then he leaves no biggie. Either way I don't see us trading him not now or anytime soon since we already have 2 or aguably 3 d-spots to fill.

#46 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,416 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:55 AM

We are not trading White. One year left on his contract and don't know if he has a no trade clause or not. Doesn't work out this year then he leaves no biggie. Either way I don't see us trading him not now or anytime soon since we already have 2 or aguably 3 d-spots to fill.

Even if it'd help us fetch an elite defenseman? (Naturally this would be a package dealio.)

"If I were to wish for anything, I should not wish for wealth and power, but for the passionate sense of the potential, for the eye which, ever young and ardent, sees the possible. Pleasure disappoints, possibility never. And what wine is so sparkling, what so fragrant, what so intoxicating, as possibility!" - Kierkegaard

#47 DangleDangleBeach

DangleDangleBeach

BIG PAV DANGLE HARD

• Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 12:29 PM

obviously if you could upgrade it would be worthwhile... (ie-yandle) but even so, hes one of our few right handed shots so that may not be the best idea depending on who we get (yandle shoots right). i also feel he is pretty consitent, moderately priced and has the some spark which this team seems to lack at times. i would personally like to see them keep him.

Edited by DangleDangleBeach, 25 June 2012 - 12:38 PM.