• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
nyqvististhefuture

i hope we dont panic if suter and parise signs elsewhere

Rate this topic

i just wanted to say i hope redwings fans arent pissed at holland if suter and parise go elsewhere and we see carle and garrisson etc signing elsewhere for ridiculous contracts like 5 million + a season

I'd rater we dont go crazy for these guys and spend wisely and keep some money for shea weber next year and whoever else will be available

July 1 can be a pretty crazy day where alot of stupid gm's overspend on mediocre talent and as much crap as kenny gets here from some fans i know hes not stupid and i wont for example sign garrisson to like 5 years for 25 million like some idiot probably will

that being said lets hope we get suter and some grit like prust at least :P , everyone enjoy july 1st

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

Another Parise and Suter thread?! Good lord!

yes they are in the headline but im just trying to make a point that i hope no one gets crazy mad if they go elsewhere (because they are our #1 priorities like alot of teams) and the rest of the ufa's go elsewhere for crazy sums of money instead of detroit

does anyone actually want matt carle or garrisson for 5 yrs for 25 million for example? i wouldnt

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

At least half of the people on here will lose their s*** if we don't get at least one of these guys. I would be disappointed if we don't get Suter, but not surprised. The fact is that there will be a lot of teams offering a lot of money for both these guys.

I enjoy the part of Holland that doens't get caught up with the Flavor's of who's available and overspend, because sometimes it just get's sad. What I think he does do, and am I in no way trying to insinuate I know more then Kenny, but players become "untouchable" too quickly and by this we seem to miss out on trades all together because we wont frickin' let anyone go.

Edit: To answer the question Ill panic if a safice back up plan doesn't follow if we fail to land Suter that's for sure. We just have too much money this year for him not to be able to pull something for us when we need it most, if we start the season saying Brunner was our scoring depth and we believe Smith is really going to blossom into a staring role then I may press the panic button, there use to be a switch...

Edited by 13dangledangle

Sorry but your post doesn't help ... I will be terribly upset if we don't get some UFA especially to help with our blue line. We've got some pretty big holes to fill there with Lids and Stu gone. AND I will be pretty upset if we just fill our holes with middle level players like Quincey. We need a stud defencemen or two.

Sorry if you don't see it, but the team lost one top 3 ever D-man and an above average second pairing D-man, and will lose a 25 goal scorer. If Holland doesn't address these holes the team may not even be a playoff team next year. Lets face it, with Lidstrom, Hudler and Stuart the Wings got bounced in the first round in 5 games, so if they don't upgrade the line up there is no reason to think they will do anything better next season. Will people be pissed, damn straight people will be, the Wings are 8 million under the cap floor and almost 25 under the limit, if this isn't a time to take some chances on a few UFAs there never will be one.

Edited by Shaman464

Guest irishock

Parise probably isn't coming. I'm looking at Semin right now, guy could look like a legit star player on Datsyuk's wing.

This is ken hollands proving ground we are not the same team that we have always been it's that time where we have to start blending in with the rest of the league and offer these top free agents what the contenders are going to toss at them. Honestly all we have to offer is our winning tradition and our teams love for the sport, but as a huge wings fan after growing up and watching them at the top year after year we are slowly running out of Stanley cup contending talent and that's why this off season means more then it ever has in the past. First of all we have a huge gap to fill with Lidstrom calling it a career but we still need that top 6 forward that davs will turn into an all star. Our biggest worry is giving Suter what he wants to put him in our line up and hope that's what draws Parise out of jersey and play next to #13. With the money that we have to offer I feel like if holland dosnt get it done this offseason and holds back from spending big money in either free agency or a huge trade us wings fans will tear him to pieces and won't be satisfied until Stevie Y takes his place. If it wasn't for the money that we have to offer 90% of us would be s***ting our pants about the seasons to come. The free agency is less then 24 hours away and thats what we have all been waiting for since the end of the season soci guess the next couple of days will tell us a lot more and guarantee we will have some top post in this forum either good or bad

Welcome lids4president would you mind using some paragraphs, because that would make it much easier reading your text.

Don't think another Suter and or Parise thread was needed, but I will be disappointed for sure. This offseason will not only be a test for Hollan, it is going to be one for our entire organization are we still one of the top destinations for high profile UFAs or not? Something everyone has to keep in mind, the days of players taking huge paycutts in order to sign with us are over, so I fully expect a caphit of like 8 million per for Suter and he is worth it. Guys like that usually don't hit UFA ever.

Kenny might have to overpay but so what? The cap keeps going up and this guy is elite, also it would tremendously improve our chances to sign Weber next year.

Holland will have to use some magic, whatever the outcome is, it will be an interesting day and maybe weeks, so I am looking forward to it.

Guest Heaten

I doubt Holland lands either of them, honesty. Not for the lack of trying, but just because they will get seriously overpayed and Holland needs to set a precedent within the organization that he's not going to overpay. That would be a slap in the face to our true Red Wings players (Datsuyk, Zetterberg, Flip, Franzen, Kronwall and ect..)

I'll be pissed if Holland overpays.

I think Holland signs some low-key players (i.e. White, Cleary) that excel in Red and White.

Edited by Heaten

I think maybe they look at the trade route. Bobby Ryan and Keith Yandle would look very good in a Wings uniform. If that doesn't work then go with second tier players such as Carle or Kuba and pick up one or two of Doan, Semin, Penner. If that doesn't work then the Wings are clearly not looked at as the most successful organization anymore and will then be forced to rebuild on the fly rather than "reload".

I know they have a Plan A,B,C, and D but if they have to go to even a plan C then I'll be worried. They were very underwhelming last year at the open of free agency and the fact that they didn't do anything big during the trade deadline was even more discouraging.

Dream scenario(without trades) would be to sign Suter, Parise, and Kuba because Kuba and Suter are shot blocking machines which is what Howard needs.

I really don't think they are going to get either. What is going to make me upset is if they bet the farm on their ability to get those 2 guys and they missed out on other things they could / should have done.

Bob McKenzie@TSNBobMcKenzie

Hearing NJD GM Lou Lamoriello to meet with Zach Parise today, one final time before Parise is scheduled to hit UFA market 12 noon tomorrow.

Bob McKenzie@TSNBobMcKenzie

Parise expected to be in Toronto-area offices of his agents/advisors tomorrow to field offers/calls/visits etc.

Edited by Diluvian04

As someone else said, this is a pivotal year because we lost in round 1 (means our team was average at best) and we lost Lids, Stu, and possibly Hudler ... if we don't get some big time players to take us to the next echelon, we'll be one of those teams that struggle to make it to the playoffs. Isn't that justification for panic?

I'm already starting to panic seeing Twwets that Pittsburgh is ready to offer Parise 10/75-85 mil. While Parise isn't the biggest need, he's my favorite non-Wing and would love to see him rocking the Winged Wheel.

That said, my guessing and feelings about tomorrow are cloudier than they've ever been going into July 1.

Just have to wait and see...