• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Suter Watch: Decision today, down to Wings/Wild

Rate this topic

my hope is Suter does not come to Detroit .. cant stand this 13 year deal, 7.5 cap hit .. Wings insane wasting time on him. he is nowhere near this money or contract length (27 or not). we will do fine without him.. something with less length, if we are gonna throw this money at a D, Weber all the way when he's free.

i will be pretty crushed if suter doesnt sign here

Don't be crushed. If it falls through, we can attempt to go all out offence with some good trades. Nash is out there, hell we all know who's out there. I'm sure Kenny and Co. have a great plan B, C, D........

Well this is painful. The waiting, but also the knowing that IF we actually manage to sign him, it will be for MASSIVE money and MASSIVE term.

If he doesn't live up to expectations big time it will look so bad in a few years.

Parise makes it sound like he really wants to go to the same place as Suter, and rumors are Parise wants Minny while Suter wants Detroit. Would not be surprised if Parise swayed Suter to the Wild.

If so, it's not the end of the world. In fact, we could look back on it as dodging a bullet, if Suter doesn't turn out to be worth 100 Million over 10+ years.

Ugh, just want this to be over.

Just the timing of it more than anything says Minnesota to me. We know Parise and Suter have kept in contact the past couple days. Just reading between the lines, seems like Suter is pulling the strings. Parise was sold on going to the Wild, but only if Suter did too and maybe he finally decided that he would.

The fact both will announce today says package deal. That certainly doesn't eliminate Detroit, but it doesn't look too promising either.

The news on NHL makes it seem Suter has decided yet Parise still has not and that Suter is making his choice first.

Edit: Holy s***, looking at the Wild defense, I wouldn't be surprised that Suter doesn't want to go there.

Edited by Danielsm