• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
haroldsnepsts

Red Wings re-sign Quincey: 2-years, $7.55m total, $3.775/yr

Rate this topic

Holland's big move.

but no seriously i guess its good to retain a defenseman after losing Lidstrom and Stuart but I really don't see anything what makes Quincey stand out in any sense of the term. Granted he's probably more of a stay at home defenseman more than anything else.

Interested to see what the hit & years are. Slight raise on a 1 year deal so he becomes a UFA at the end of the season is what I'm guessing.

Edit: If indeed 2 years, I'm a little surprised given that he would have gotten just 1 year if it got to arbitration.

Edited by ogreslayer

To put this in perspective, his cap hit percent last season was 5.2% of the total cap next season he will have a 5.3% percentage cap hit. This is a minor raise.

To put this in perspective, his cap hit percent last season was 5.2% of the total cap next season he will have a 5.3% percentage cap hit. This is a minor raise.

True but his contract was already fairly inflated when he was with the Avs. So if anybody's is pissed off at this contract then they should take it out on the Avs or... Is it the Kings?... Anyhow, f*** the Avs anyhow. And f*** the Kings. Assholes. :ninja:

Edited by Red Wings Addict

This is a reasonable contract. Lets see what Q can do now...

Exactly..he's going to get every chance to prove he is way better then he was last year. Give him lots of minutes and ride him.

I still wonder if he'll pick up a 6/7 d-man.

With Janik gone, does anyone know who the Wings would call up if a defenseman got injured?

Lashoff? I only watched a little of him, but wasn't terrible, pretty reliable defensively.

Exactly..he's going to get every chance to prove he is way better then he was last year. Give him lots of minutes and ride him.

To be fair he was brought in right around the time the Wings were close to setting the record for consecutive home wins. There was a wee bit of pressure which I'm sure didn't make the transition to a new system all that smooth.

Blah...a little more than I would have liked, but whatever...if he becomes one of our top 4, I guess the $250,000 overpayment will be alright...At least we have 6 D now, wonder who the 7th will be, or are we to expect a REAL top 4 defender and have Kindl be #7...

Lashoff? I only watched a little of him, but wasn't terrible, pretty reliable defensively.

I wouldn't be totally opposed to carrying Lashoff as the 7th guy, but I would prefer them to sign one of the veteran d-men left on the market instead. I'd like to see some kind of stable, experienced presence to mentor some of the younger guys. I wouldn't be opposed to signing Kubina, Rozsival or Brett Clark for a season.

Grand Rapids is going to be without Smith, Janik and Exelby next season, so Lashoff is going to get a chance to be a leader and go-to-guy on the team. I'd like to see how he does in that role for a full season.

...At least we have 6 D now, wonder who the 7th will be, or are we to expect a REAL top 4 defender and have Kindl be #7...

That's my sincere hope. But with it public that Kenny was pursuing Nash, he's probably pursuing Ryan too, as well as waiting on Doan, it seems that forwards are more of Holland's priority at the moment.