• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
FireCaptain

Holland booed off Ford Field

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

"Booed off Ford Field" is a huge exaggeration. His face was showed on the big screen and some fans booed him. That's all.

Lions fans have truly lost it, they're almost like those sad sack Cubs fans who have somehow convinced themselves that there's something noble in losing all the time. I can't imagine the kind of nerve it takes to boo a successful executive from another team in your same city. What martyrs they must all feel like.

Lions fans have truly lost it, they're almost like those sad sack Cubs fans who have somehow convinced themselves that there's something noble in losing all the time. I can't imagine the kind of nerve it takes to boo a successful executive from another team in your same city. What martyrs they must all feel like.

I'm sure it's just frustration and that Kenny just represents to them the lockout.

Guest irishock

Hoping for Bettman to present the cup in Philadelphia, Boston, NY, Vancouver, or Detroit

He'd get a standing ovation in Pittsburgh, though.

Edited by irishock

I'm one of Holland's biggest fans, but I would have booed him on Sunday too. It's nothing against Kenny, but it's a way to send a message to the NHL.

LOL the Stanley Cup presentation will be a seea of boos this year. I think this time fans are really angry and wont be back easily.

The best thing would be if the Cup was presented to the team in an empty arena.

I'm one of Holland's biggest fans, but I would have booed him on Sunday too. It's nothing against Kenny, but it's a way to send a message to the NHL.

sorry but that makes no sense.

booing a guy who has nothing whatsoever to do with the lockout is not sending a message. might as well just start booing every person you see that has a red wings jersey on.

I'm sure it's just frustration and that Kenny just represents to them the lockout.

Agreed. Though I'm still a little surprised he got booed. Obviously Holland has no role in this other than working for the Wings.

Fans are really pissed. Good. I hope they stay away for a while and send a message that this is not an effective strategy.

Guys, remember, the Wings' management/ownership voted in favor of the lockout. I'm pretty sure I read that Holland was the one who actually cast the Wings' vote. Hockey fans are PISSED about the lockout, and this was a way to express that anger. I wouldn't read any more into it (other than that Ford Field was full of Chicago fans on Sunday!)

Guys, remember, the Wings' management/ownership voted in favor of the lockout. I'm pretty sure I read that Holland was the one who actually cast the Wings' vote. Hockey fans are PISSED about the lockout, and this was a way to express that anger. I wouldn't read any more into it (other than that Ford Field was full of Chicago fans on Sunday!)

How many "RED WINGS SUCK" chants did those idiots try? hahahaha

the wings ownership voted for this lockout aka mike illitch. if you can find me a link that says ken holland is calling the shots for the red wings in this lockout, please share it with me and i will gladly take it back.

there are much more effective and productive ways for fans to express their anger( i.e don't go to games, don't buy merchandise, don't buy center ice, etc). booing a gm who most likely has no say in this lockout makes the fans look ignorant and foolish imo

Guest Johnz96

I doubt that the owners actually voted unanimously to lock us all out. Bettman could have had a vote to declare that they were unanimous about it and it would have taken just 7 votes for it to go through

I doubt that the owners actually voted unanimously to lock us all out. Bettman could have had a vote to declare that they were unanimous about it and it would have taken just 7 votes for it to go through

But Bettman said that it was unanimous, and so that was what was reported on the internet.

It has to be true if it's on the internet.

Oh, look! I'm the millionth visitor! Excuse me, I have to claim my prize!

I knows there is sarcasm about, but I understood that Illtch and Holland were Anti-Lockout. If Ilitch voted with the rest of the owners it was only to show solidarity amongst the owners, a situation he could not have prevented anyway..

No one really knows what their attitude was. There was a rumor that a handful of teams were unhappy with the lockout, and the Wings were rumored to be among them, but nothing to substantiate it.

Seeing as how it's a poor decision from a business standpoint and given the Wings constantly butting heads with Bettman, I doubt they were enthusiastic. I'm betting it was a case of "it's going to happen anyway, we need to present a united front" sort of thing more than Ilitch wanting a lockout.

No one really knows what their attitude was. There was a rumor that a handful of teams were unhappy with the lockout, and the Wings were rumored to be among them, but nothing to substantiate it.

Seeing as how it's a poor decision from a business standpoint and given the Wings constantly butting heads with Bettman, I doubt they were enthusiastic. I'm betting it was a case of "it's going to happen anyway, we need to present a united front" sort of thing more than Ilitch wanting a lockout.

I think the best "evidence" we've gotten is Iron Mike's (possibly apocryphal) anecdote about "Mr. Illitch" and, who was it, the Panthers' owner/GM at the time? Something like that.

Point being: yeah.