#1 FireCaptain

FireCaptain

This space for rent.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:55 AM

Fan frustration to blame?

http://www.cbssports...booing-wings-gm

Most nights, my posts are brought to you by Heineken and sarcasm.
Success has a thousand fathers, failure is an orphan.
We not score, is hard to win. - Pavel Datsyuk #13

#2 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,081 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:02 AM

Wow, imagine the response if Bettman ever dares show his face in public again?

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#3 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,217 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:15 AM

LOL the Stanley Cup presentation will be a seea of boos this year. I think this time fans are really angry and wont be back easily.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#4 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,580 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:24 AM

It's not Holland's fault.  I don't like him being treated like Bettman or some other incompetent figure.

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#5 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,478 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:25 AM

How mean.   :nervous:   Poor Kenny, he's not to blame for all of this... but he's a face they recognize and everyone else has disappeared.   Hope for better days in 2013. 

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#6 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,305 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:00 AM

Maybe the boos were due to not landing a high end D or F
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#7 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,850 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:23 PM

Maybe the boos were due to not landing a high end D or F

Or letting Lilja go.  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#8 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:38 PM

"Booed off Ford Field" is a huge exaggeration. His face was showed on the big screen and some fans booed him. That's all.

#9 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,922 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:00 PM

Lions fans don't recognize a competent GM when they see one, thanks to the Millen-ium of Failure.

Edited by 55fan, 01 January 2013 - 01:01 PM.

#10 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,415 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:04 PM

Lions fans don't recognize a competent GM when they see one, thanks to the Millen-ium of Failure.

The Lions only option is to get rid of it's owner.

#11 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,006 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:08 PM

Lions fans have truly lost it, they're almost like those sad sack Cubs fans who have somehow convinced themselves that there's something noble in losing all the time.  I can't imagine the kind of nerve it takes to boo a successful executive from another team in your same city.  What martyrs they must all feel like. 

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#12 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,415 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 01:56 PM

Lions fans have truly lost it, they're almost like those sad sack Cubs fans who have somehow convinced themselves that there's something noble in losing all the time.  I can't imagine the kind of nerve it takes to boo a successful executive from another team in your same city.  What martyrs they must all feel like. 

I'm sure it's just frustration and that Kenny just represents to them the lockout.

#13 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:13 PM

Hoping for Bettman to present the cup in Philadelphia, Boston, NY, Vancouver, or Detroit

He'd get a standing ovation in Pittsburgh, though.

Edited by irishock, 01 January 2013 - 02:13 PM.

bringit.jpg

#14 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,941 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 03:21 PM

I'm one of Holland's biggest fans, but I would have booed him on Sunday too. It's nothing against Kenny, but it's a way to send a message to the NHL.

LOL the Stanley Cup presentation will be a seea of boos this year. I think this time fans are really angry and wont be back easily.

The best thing would be if the Cup was presented to the team in an empty arena.

Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#15 chances14

chances14

The Magician

• PipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:36 PM

I'm one of Holland's biggest fans, but I would have booed him on Sunday too. It's nothing against Kenny, but it's a way to send a message to the NHL.

sorry but that makes no sense.

booing a guy who has nothing whatsoever to do with the lockout is not sending a message. might as well just start booing every person you see that has a red wings jersey on.

#16 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,041 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:45 PM

I'm sure it's just frustration and that Kenny just represents to them the lockout.

Agreed.  Though I'm still a little surprised he got booed.  Obviously Holland has no role in this other than working for the Wings.

Fans are really pissed.  Good.  I hope they stay away for a while and send a message that this is not an effective strategy.

#17 joshy207

joshy207

Black Ace

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:25 PM

Guys, remember, the Wings' management/ownership voted in favor of the lockout.  I'm pretty sure I read that Holland was the one who actually cast the Wings' vote.  Hockey fans are PISSED about the lockout, and this was a way to express that anger.  I wouldn't read any more into it (other than that Ford Field was full of Chicago fans on Sunday!)

#18 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,590 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:32 PM

Guys, remember, the Wings' management/ownership voted in favor of the lockout.  I'm pretty sure I read that Holland was the one who actually cast the Wings' vote.  Hockey fans are PISSED about the lockout, and this was a way to express that anger.  I wouldn't read any more into it (other than that Ford Field was full of Chicago fans on Sunday!)

How many "RED WINGS SUCK" chants did those idiots try? hahahaha

msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#19 chances14

chances14

The Magician

• PipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:48 PM

the wings ownership voted for this lockout aka mike illitch. if you can find me a link that says ken holland is calling the shots for the red wings in this lockout, please share it with me and i will gladly take it back.

there are much more effective and productive ways for fans to express their anger( i.e don't go to games, don't buy merchandise, don't buy center ice, etc). booing a gm who most likely has no say in this lockout makes the fans look ignorant and foolish imo

#20 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:07 PM

Holland is a bum. He's not as great as everyone thinks.