#1 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,367 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:12 AM

roadgdttemplate.jpg

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#2 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,487 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:13 AM

AWESOME!!! can't wait for this game. My buddy is a Dallas fan so this one will be good.

Edited by hillbillywingsfan, 22 January 2013 - 11:13 AM.

msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#3 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:16 AM

Rofl, we can basically field a line with simply injured players. That category does not look pretty at all, luckily we'll have helmer and bert back Friday. BIG GAME TONIGHT BOYS BIG GAME BIG GAME. I'm excited to see how they play their first back-to-back game of the season. I think the crowd at the Joe carry the Wings to a 4-2 wing over the Dallas Stars. Brunner, Smith, Cleary and Sammy have goals for Detroit.

Also, upcoming schedule shows the Dallas stars on the 29th, but it displays that we're playing Minn via text.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#4 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:33 AM

Call up Ouelette for tonight.

#5 Jedi

Jedi

Fire and Blood

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,781 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:39 AM

Per Ansar KHAAAAAAN!!! Goose is in for Sammy tonight...

Nyquist recalled from GR, playing with Fil and Franzen tonight. Samuelsson (groin) out

bdc4.jpg
"I am the sword in the darkness... I am the watcher on the walls..."

#6 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:40 AM

Nyquist up from GR & in for Sammy tonight per Kahn:

https://twitter.com/...759053140742144

Sammy out pulling his groin.

Edit: And so this isn't just a repeat, Babs has evidently confirmed that the Wings have signed a D-man.  Name still pending though but it appears Chris Campoli's name is the one that's coming up the most.  

https://twitter.com/...759555299586048

Edited by ogreslayer, 22 January 2013 - 11:46 AM.

Money on the Board 2014: $5 per series, $5 per sweep, $5 per Kronwalling, $10 per Marchand Kronwalling, $1 per Zetterberg game, $1 per 2013 Calder Cup roster player goal

#7 SaCkaveli20

SaCkaveli20

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:43 AM

Yay NyQuist!!!

#8 Jusek

Jusek

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:46 AM

Aaaww yeah Gus replacing Sammy, can't wait to see him in action!

"I consider the Detroit Red Wings one of the greatest franchises in any sport. For a player to come in and play, it's so special to wear the jersey."
-Steve Yzerman

#9 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:47 AM

Today is my parents' 41st wedding anniversary.  As a treat, I'd like it if the player whose number is closest to 41 gets a hat trick.  That would be our new captain, Mr. Zetterberg.

MAKE IT HAPPEN, HANK.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#10 MasterPavel

MasterPavel

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:50 AM

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="The Axe" data-cid="2344346" data-time="1358872380"><p>
Call up Ouelette for tonight.</p></blockquote>

Since he is still in juniors tis not gonna happen sir.

#11 laserijk

laserijk

Prospect

• 32 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:00 PM

I will continue in wait-and-see mode until the Zombie line gets healthy. Stupid penalties against CBJ put them back in the game, and Z was one of the offenders. He needs to recognize his leadership sets an example.

Jagr was adored for his play against the Coyotes, but against a GOOD team (Minnie), he only got 3 shots on goal. Meh.

Wings, 2-1.

#12 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:09 PM

4-3 wings on OT.

Brunner gets his first,
Pavel gets the winner,
kronner and mule get one each.

Nyq with a couple helpers,
same with Pavel and Z.

Tootoo fights ott.... Oh, wait..

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#13 Rick D

Rick D

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:11 PM

Datsyuk really going to center that first line??

Sounds like a good idea to me.

It didn't make sense that they were putting him in to win face-offs last night, but he wasn't even taking face-offs on his own line.

Eff Chicago

#14 NyquistianDeke

NyquistianDeke

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:14 PM

Pumped to see Nyquist up with the team.  Not a huge fan of sticking him with Flip and Mule but we will see how it works

I would role the lines

Mule-D-Nyq

Flip-Z-Brun

But at this point I am just happy to see Nyquist.  Here is hoping he plays well enough that they can't send him back down

#15 CrimsonFlame

CrimsonFlame

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:46 PM

Lets keep the momentum going! LGW

#16 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:47 PM

Hockeytown0001 GDT is absolutely a BEAUTY!!!!!!

"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#17 Tim.D

Tim.D

LGW Media Creator

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:03 PM

Huskins in tonight, per Holland.

#18 Russian Houdini

Russian Houdini

Russian Houdini

• Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:06 PM

Given our amount of injuries we need to take advantage of any slim chance we get, and there is no better way to do that than make home ice at the Joe a fortress for the shortened season; just like we did with our winning streak last year.

This is a game we should be winning on paper. Granted Jagr is there but other than that nothing jumps out.

In the off-season they acquired:

C Cody Earkin, RW Jaromir Jagr, Backup G Cristopher Nihlstorp, D Aaron Rome, C Derek Roy, RW Reilly Smith, and LW Ray Whitney.

Earkin had his breakout season in the NHL last year where he played 30 games for the Capitals with 8 points. Nihlstorp came from Sweden and is an NHL rookie at 28. Given Lethonen is there I doubt he will get much time. Aaron Rome comes from the Canucks where he played 43 games and had 10 points with only 1 game played in the playoffs. Derek Roy is an established NHL winger playing more than 70 games per season (barring 2010) for 7 seasons with the Sabres. This is his second NHL team. His career year was in 2007-08 when he had 81 points. His productivity has steadily decreased since then with 44 points last year.

Reilly Smith is a brand new rookie having been drafted 2 years ago. He has only played in 3 NHL games. Lastly Ray Whitney is a veteran and a former Red Wing (03-04 season). He is coming off a 2nd best career year at Phoneix with 77 points. He also had 7 points in the playoffs. At 40 he is looking to finish his career on a high note.

All in all it seems Jagr, Whitney, and Roy are the players they have bet on this season. 2 are NHL veterans in Jagr and Whitney and Roy is a solid scorer who will lead the first line at center.

I like this match up a lot. We swept them in all 4 games last season and it's time to continue the tradition.

Edited by Russian Houdini, 22 January 2013 - 01:08 PM.

Ајмо Црвена Крила!!!!

#19 Wingnut in WA

Wingnut in WA

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:11 PM

I think this game needs to be the time that Franzen steps it up for us and starts putting biscuits in baskets :siren:

#20 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:33 PM

Call up Ouelette for tonight.
you can't call up a guy in the CHL.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".