• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
number9

Mrazek To Start Tonight

Rate this topic

Sorry if someone already posted this

Edit: I'm seriously retarded at embedding tweets. But I've been seeing that he'll start tonight from multiple twitter accounts

*Mod Edit* One source I've found, @RedWingsFeed...

Petr Mrazek will make his NHL debut tonight in St. Louis via @longballswalls. Source: Petr Mrazek #RedWings
Edited by Jedi
Twitter source

Guest RedWingsDad

Sweeet... after hearing so much and never seeing him in action im excited to see what all the hype is about.

Perhaps our team will be motivated to play harder in front of him.

Excited to see him play (and glad it's not McCollum), but please everybody keep their expectations in check. This is not some overripe Jimmy Howard type working his way through the system - this kid is 20. And defense in front of him has been suspect to the point where even Jimmy has a 3.00-ish GAA.

Sent on iPhone using Tapatalk

Perhaps we'll see the team rally around him they way you sometimes see teams rally around a goalie who's coming in mid-game.

Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps...

Interesting... I only remember him from the World Juniors a few years back when he was dancing around the ice. Hopefully he can keep those emotions in check and take care of business. I don't mind if he expresses himself, but be sure to back it up!

Outstanding, but nothing like getting thrown into the fire. Luckily, some personalities excel when given the chance like this. Hopefully Mrazek can live up to his hype, and his performance during the WC and in the AHL. I agree that our boys will be motivated to play in front of him, but St.Louis just came off of a 6-1 kicking from Nashville, they're just as hungry as we are. We better come out battling hard, they a.) want revenge for that match penalty that turned the course of the game, and b.) they just came off of a devastating lost at home to start their 4-5 game home stand. I was really hoping Mrazek started tonight, just because MacDonald is talking like he's ready to play come Saturday inwhich it would've been unlikely that we saw Mrazek then. Hopefully the kid can prove something tonight when given the stage for the very first time.

is Jimmy Howard tired or something? It's kind of odd that a rookie's first start is against a team that you'll be battling with to win the division...

Babcock said earlier that he was going to see how Howard felt and evaluate the situation. I'm sure he doesn't want to look like an ******* either way, but he'll look like an ******* either way if we don't win tonight on these forums. I can already see it now; "OH MY GOD IF WE PLAYED HOWARD WE WOULD'VE WON!", "OH MY GOD IF BABCOCK DIDN'T OUTPLAY HOWARD AND GAVE MRAZEK A CHANCE, WE WOULD'VE WON!!". You can never win here. Realistically, he made the right choice. Jimmy just looks overwhelmed, drained and frustrated, he needs atleast one game to just watch from the bench and know that someone IS there to take his spot if needed. Hopefully Mrazek doesn't fall on his face and get Jimmy thrown in there right away. I got faith in Mrazek, but unfortunately i'm not sure how much faith I have in him against St.Louis in his first NHL game. Luckily, he's been playing in the AHL and it isn't starting up a cold lawn mower like MacDonald.

Edited by evilzyme

is Jimmy Howard tired or something? It's kind of odd that a rookie's first start is against a team that you'll be battling with to win the division...

one of the few goalies that's started every game for his team. But I agree, this is a hell of a game to throw Mrazek in. Sink or swim, hopefully this puts some pressure on the team knowing they have a rookie starting.

Edited by Carman

I'm totally flabbergasted. Mrazek should have played against the Flames.

I read somewhere that the Red Wings wanted to get him into a few practices with the big club before they gave him a start. Hence, why he didn't start on Tuesday.

For those keeping track at home, Mrazek will wear #34. Also, he has the Griffins' crest logo on his pads, which is awesome.

160780852_slide.jpg

I'd also expect him to get in one of the back-to-back's coming up, either vs. Edmonton on Saturday, or LA on Sunday.

I'm keeping my expectations neutral. I'm just excited to see the kid play, as I would be for any player making thier Red Wings debut. Hopefully he gives us something positive to discuss on here.