• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest fat guy in a maltby jersey

Dan Cleary appreciation thread

Rate this topic

Guest fat guy in a maltby jersey

THE DAN CLEARY SHOW!

double-shift this guy! play him with both dat and Z!

this guy is ALL HEART!

CGvSmm2.jpg

good 'ol canadian boy!

all i know is i want more DAN CLEARY!

g27Inum.gifg27Inum.gifg27Inum.gifg27Inum.gifg27Inum.gif

Guest Crymson

He's been beyond awful.

I don't often doubt Babcock, but I have no idea why Cleary continues to get time on special teams or on scoring lines. Every other player on the team is vastly more effective than he is. He cannot skate or hold on to the puck.

Edited by Crymson

Cleary has been awful, but isn't every post in the GDT about him enough? Seems redundant to just keep piling on.

That's because he was everywhere.

Playing on the top line, playing on the PP, playing on the PK. You'd think he was Sergei Fedorov with how often he was out there.

It's like Babcock is trolling us.

Guest Crymson

That's because he was everywhere.

Playing on the top line, playing on the PP, playing on the PK. You'd think he was Sergei Fedorov with how often he was out there.

It's like Babcock is trolling us.

He's trying to get Cleary going, but it isn't working.

Babcock is all about "trying to get people going". Remember two years ago when Hudler just got back from Russia and scored 10 goals (or something) after playing all year on the second line, and only being a healthy scratch once or twice. Meanwhile, Miller and Eaves put up 13-15 goals apiece that year despite being the healthy scratch every other night. All season long it was the same story, "we've got to get Hudler going". Nevermind the guys who "have been going" since the opening season puck drop.

Guest The Axe

Babcock is all about "trying to get people going". Remember two years ago when Hudler just got back from Russia and scored 10 goals (or something) after playing all year on the second line, and only being a healthy scratch once or twice. Meanwhile, Miller and Eaves put up 13-15 goals apiece that year despite being the healthy scratch every other night. All season long it was the same story, "we've got to get Hudler going". Nevermind the guys who "have been going" since the opening season puck drop.

Exactly. F Cleary. Get someone else in there. The experiment is over.

Guest irishock

Waive Daniel, please. I don't want to wait until the offseason.

Edited by irishock

Guest The Axe

Waive Daniel, please. I don't want to wait until the offseason.

Holland would probably pick him up off waives forgetting that he placed him there!

I agree....sit Cleary and send Andersson back to GR and give a bone to Sheahan and Ferraro.

Andersson hasn't done anything terrible but he also hasn't done anything to stand out..throw a bone to someone else in GR and see what they have. While we are missing an entire 5 man unit to injury now would be the time to try some different guys out.

Andersson hasn't done anything terrible but he also hasn't done anything to stand out..throw a bone to someone else in GR and see what they have. While we are missing an entire 5 man unit to injury now would be the time to try some different guys out.

Ya, that is what I mean. Reward a couple of other kids with some NHL time and see what they bring...

Ya, that is what I mean. Reward a couple of other kids with some NHL time and see what they bring...

Tatar has been pretty decent..good jump in his step..would love to see him up with D and Flip again on the top line. It's going to be funny to see what we do if we ever get healthy or close to it. We are going to have alot of forwards.

Guest irishock

Making a thread mocking Cleary is pretty s***ty though I must say. I like everyone else agrees he is done but he has more than served this team well over the years.

This is professional sports not hollywood. What you did a few years ago compared to now doesn't matter.

He's been pretty awful. I know we are riddled with injuries, but giving him this much time on the top line is just too much. Its time to call up Nyquist, this team needs people who can actually be effective top 6 scorers in the top 6.

Maybe we can trade him for a pick, some team that doesn't watch the Wings might not know how awful he is.

Andersson's only problem as far as I can tell is that he slower than molasses. He looks like a destitute version of Holmstrom.

I like what he did against the ducks in the playoffs back in... I forget - back when he could skate.