Photo
- - - - -

Pavel Datsyuk dangles the entire Predators team!

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#1 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:38 PM

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COuJmG2M5hk

esteef

"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#2 Franzine

Franzine

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:51 PM

Best part of the goal might have been the hit on Wilson at the beginning: "Get the f*** out of my way; I'm going to score now."

#3 PredsFanTheBayouState

PredsFanTheBayouState

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:14 AM

Datsyuk is amazing player and one of the best in the league,Ya'll guys are gonna be lost without him,when he retires

#4 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,628 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:38 AM

Nice play.  It should be on ESPN web gems.  Nothing is sweeter than watching an incredible individual play.  Except maybe winning a game that you ought to.  Maybe that's better.  But good on Pavel...

Now I'm off to watch Michael Vick highlights, because watching one guy do amazing s*** while his team loses is my very favorite hobby. 

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#5 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:58 AM

Your line-mates are Cleary and Abdelkader - what's a man to do?

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#6 Classic

Classic

Jimmy Howard fanboi.

• 25 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:02 AM

Amazing. This man never stops amazing me.

Detroit Red Wings - Brunning away with it.

Glasgow Celtic F.C. - A Commons affair.

#7 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:38 AM

Nice play.  It should be on ESPN web gems.  Nothing is sweeter than watching an incredible individual play.  Except maybe winning a game that you ought to.  Maybe that's better.  But good on Pavel...

Now I'm off to watch Michael Vick highlights, because watching one guy do amazing s*** while his team loses is my very favorite hobby. 

I just watched 4 seasons of Bulls basketball from 87 to 91. Its fun.

#8 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,458 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:02 AM

I just watched 4 seasons of Bulls basketball from 87 to 91. Its fun.

Suggestion that Michael was dominating but team was losing?  They didn't win the championship every year, but they went to the playoffs every year:

87 - first round

88 - second round

89 - conference finals

90 - conference finals

91 - won championship

#9 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,959 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:18 AM

I didn't realize that Pavel played for the Tigers too.  Top 10 plays instead maybe?

I can't help think that for everyone who says that Kenny should do everything he can to improve the team right now trade-wise, like getting a #1 d-man AND a sniper, the player he could put on the board that's going to bring back the most instant bang for the buck?  It's not Franzen or Flip or a combo of the Emmertons, Eaves, Kindls, Mursaks...it is #13.  Search your feelings....you know it to be true.  

#10 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:25 AM

When he goes to Russia after his current contract is up, we're going to be hurting like you wouldn't believe.  Trust that.  One of the best players to ever wear the uniform.  I'm talking up there with Howe, Lindsay, Delvecchio, Yzerman.....the list goes on.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#11 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:37 AM

So fun to watch.  A classic.  This will appear even on Datsyuk's career highlight reel.  

#12 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:50 AM

When he goes to Russia after his current contract is up, we're going to be hurting like you wouldn't believe.  Trust that.  One of the best players to ever wear the uniform.  I'm talking up there with Howe, Lindsay, Delvecchio, Yzerman.....the list goes on.

Lidstrom, Fedorov, Datsyuk, Howe, Yzerman

In that order.

#13 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:03 AM

I can't believe they lost after that...

....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#14 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,458 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:07 AM

Lidstrom, Fedorov, Datsyuk, Howe, Yzerman

In that order.

What?

I'm not sure what order you are using....are you saying Yzerman is #1 or Lidstrom is #1?  Either way, you have Datsyuk at #3 all-time for the franchise?

Either way you look at it, I think there is a whole lot of wrong with your order.

#15 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,335 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:28 AM

So fun to watch.  A classic.  This will appear even on Datsyuk's career highlight reel.  

That highlight reel will be 2 hours long and hopefully released on bluray. The man had a highlight reel last NIGHT that's better than most guys do in several seasons.

#16 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:57 AM

My jaw hit the floor, and I rewound the DVR a couple times to savor it.  That was so good. 

He's creeping up on the All-Time scoring list...he's now about 22 points out of the number six position, just behind Norm Ullman.  He'll have a ways to go to hit the top 5, but if he did decide to come back (Please do, Pasha; I don't want to grovel, but I will), a couple seasons of good point output might just do it. 

Posted Image

#17 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:04 AM

I didn't get to see the third period last night, but why am I not surprised.  He was already having a really good game.  I thought he should have had 2 goals by that point.

NHL.com has a whole section of his highlights right now as well.

http://video.nhl.com...id=49&id=203446

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#18 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:05 AM

I wish I had a replay of Pavel that entire game. It was a rare effort, even for him. Every time he touched the puck last night, my jaw dropped. As good as that play was, its crazy to think he made 3-5 more plays of that same caliber or better throughout the night. He had a definite "f*** this, we're winning tonight" swagger about him every shift. Unfortunately, he was stuck with two 4th liners for 20+ minutes.

#19 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:07 AM

What?

I'm not sure what order you are using....are you saying Yzerman is #1 or Lidstrom is #1?  Either way, you have Datsyuk at #3 all-time for the franchise?

Either way you look at it, I think there is a whole lot of wrong with your order.

Lids #1. I think Dats is the 3rd most skilled player in Wings history.

#20 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,628 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:13 AM

Lids #1. I think Dats is the 3rd most skilled player in Wings history.

I was actually thinking about starting a thread about this, but I guess I'll just do it here.  I wanted to know who people thought was better, all things considered: Datsyuk or Zetterberg? 

While I'll readily admit that Datsyuk is the more skilled player, I still think Zetterberg is the better player overall.  He draws the tougher defensive matchups, he hangs on to the puck better when pressured, brings more intensity night in and night out, is a noticeably better penalty killer, and consistently puts up similar or better offensive numbers.  Plus, he'll actually shoot the puck without being forced to at gunpoint. 

Anyone else care to chime in?

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."