• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 Mors

Mors

The Red Death

• HoF Booster
  • 1,995 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:03 AM

I guess this is kind of a needless rant post, but is this guy for real? I saw today that he didn't practice again because he has a "sore pectoral muscle." Have some pride man...there are guys out there who play with broken bones, I mean cleary basically skates on one leg. Step it up and help the team or good riddance.

#2 RedWingsDad

RedWingsDad

Bigot

• Restricted
  • PipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:10 AM

I guess this is kind of a needless rant post, but is this guy for real? I saw today that he didn't practice again because he has a "sore pectoral muscle." Have some pride man...there are guys out there who play with broken bones, I mean cleary basically skates on one leg. Step it up and help the team or good riddance.

Are YOU for real? Playing with a sore pec would mean playing with some discomfort. Completely unacceptable from where I am sitting.

Edited by RedWingsDad, 11 April 2013 - 10:10 AM.

Tim Thomas - Patriot and generally awesome human being.

Romans 10:13 - For whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

#3 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,253 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:39 AM

let him sit with a sore brain for all I care, get Tatar from gr, and buyout sammy. I didn't like the signing when kenny made it, but I figured lets give him a chance, but the guy can't play more than a game without getting hurt, him and colaiacovo are really milking Mr. I for every penny

#4 arag

arag

1st Line Sniper

• HoF Booster
  • 773 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:48 AM

Samuelson and Cola are the "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels" of ice hockey. That is it !

#5 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,335 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:49 AM

I know he hasn't played much and it's not fair to judge him based on that, but he has really, really....sucked...when he has played. So I don't care if he sits out a broken nail, it's not hurting us as much as it seems to hurt us when he's actually playing. 

And if he needs a couple of games to 'get his legs back' or whatever, we don't have that time to spare. We need everyone in the lineup the last 9 games to be contributing and helping us win. 

#6 CrimsonFlame

CrimsonFlame

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:59 AM

You aren't him.  You don't know how bad it is.  Give him the benefit of the doubt.  He is a professional after all. And also we've seen how Cleary skates with a broken leg. It's not helping the team in any way. 

Edited by CrimsonFlame, 11 April 2013 - 11:03 AM.

#7 Danielsm

Danielsm

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:19 AM

It's like Holland is paying Sammy to fake being injured all year so the younger players can play.

#8 Mors

Mors

The Red Death

• HoF Booster
  • 1,995 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:22 AM

You aren't him.  You don't know how bad it is.  Give him the benefit of the doubt.  He is a professional after all. And also we've seen how Cleary skates with a broken leg. It's not helping the team in any way. 

I'd be happy to give him the benefit of the doubt for the groin, the finger, the shoulder, the pec muscle...but I'm sorry man, you only get so many passes. He's contributed nothing this season except for a drain on the payroll.

I agree with the other posters in this thread though, if Babock wanted him to play, I imagine he'd suck it up. This ongoing rash of minor injuries tells me management doesn't care about getting him back into the lineup.

#9 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:24 AM

I'd be happy to give him the benefit of the doubt for the groin, the finger, the shoulder, the pec muscle...but I'm sorry man, you only get so many passes. He's contributed nothing this season except for a drain on the payroll.

I agree with the other posters in this thread though, if Babock wanted him to play, I imagine he'd suck it up. This ongoing rash of minor injuries tells me management doesn't care about getting him back into the lineup.

That hopefully means a buyout in the summer.

#10 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,087 posts

I think some of you are missing the point.

The guy's had, like, 25 different injuries in the past 3-4 months. And he's played all of, what, two games? And in those games... :shout:. And he was brought back to the fold because he was considered a sure bet, a safe move, reliable, rugged, gritty, durable, etc. Holland even gave him an NTC. "Oh, come on, how could they have known he'd have such bad luck this season?" Well, he's had injury problems in the past, and he's older than ever (35 or 36), and this is - as George Malik puts it - a demolition derby of a season...

Edited by Dabura, 11 April 2013 - 11:27 AM.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#11 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

It's like Holland is paying Sammy to fake being injured all year so the younger players can play.

Holland doesn't know what he's doing. Praise was just not worth 2 million more. Uggggg

#12 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,726 posts

I'm sorry, but a sore pectoral muscle? That shouldn't impact skating. I know for a fact that many players (Stevie Y) played though far far worse than a sore chest. Its not that unreasonable to poke fun at him for sitting for such a small discomfort. I don't see how Ken Holland can afford to keep Sammy for another year. He has been the biggest waste of a roster spot ever and screams amnesty buyout. 

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#13 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,087 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:39 AM

I'm sorry, but a sore pectoral muscle? That shouldn't impact skating. I know for a fact that many players (Stevie Y) played though far far worse than a sore chest. Its not that unreasonable to poke fun at him for sitting for such a small discomfort. I don't see how Ken Holland can afford to keep Sammy for another year. He has been the biggest waste of a roster spot ever and screams amnesty buyout reclamation project

Fixed. ;)

We shouldn't kid ourselves. We all know he's coming back next year.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#14 AtomicPunk

AtomicPunk

Nobody rules these streets at night like me...

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,099 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:57 AM

who?

I am a victim of the science age...the underground.

Feed the Swede! - RETIRED 2012

#15 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:19 PM

Holland doesn't know what he's doing. Praise was just not worth 2 million more. Uggggg

Stop. Praise didn't want to come to Detroit. Just frickin stop with that garbage. You act like Holland can force players to come to Detroit, he can't. Players can pick where they go and Praise wanted Minnesota, nothing you can do about it except sit there and cry.
  • Nev likes this

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#16 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,522 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:23 PM

i said this when Holland re-signed sammy. i had a feeling similar to when Holland re-signed Jason williams.

#17 WINGS & FLOW

WINGS & FLOW

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:47 PM

So you think he was going to sign with Detroit for only 2mil more?

Didnt he get over 7.5mil until the year 2025? No thanx

#18 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:47 PM

i said this when Holland re-signed sammy. i had a feeling similar to when Holland re-signed Jason williams.

Was Jason Williams coming off a .57 ppg season?

#19 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:07 PM

What a waste of money

IPB Image

#20 BleedRed&White25

BleedRed&White25

Salty Dog

• Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:35 PM

I mean, no one saw this coming; its unfortunate for both parties involved. If Sammy is bought out this summer, will a portion of his contract still count against the cap? Or does the definition of an amnesty buyout mean that there is no penalty?

Hostile to the past, impatient of the present, and cheated of the future.