• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Mors

Samuelsson

Rate this topic

I guess this is kind of a needless rant post, but is this guy for real? I saw today that he didn't practice again because he has a "sore pectoral muscle." Have some pride man...there are guys out there who play with broken bones, I mean cleary basically skates on one leg. Step it up and help the team or good riddance.

Guest RedWingsDad

I guess this is kind of a needless rant post, but is this guy for real? I saw today that he didn't practice again because he has a "sore pectoral muscle." Have some pride man...there are guys out there who play with broken bones, I mean cleary basically skates on one leg. Step it up and help the team or good riddance.

Are YOU for real? Playing with a sore pec would mean playing with some discomfort. Completely unacceptable from where I am sitting.

Edited by RedWingsDad

let him sit with a sore brain for all I care, get Tatar from gr, and buyout sammy. I didn't like the signing when kenny made it, but I figured lets give him a chance, but the guy can't play more than a game without getting hurt, him and colaiacovo are really milking Mr. I for every penny

I know he hasn't played much and it's not fair to judge him based on that, but he has really, really....sucked...when he has played. So I don't care if he sits out a broken nail, it's not hurting us as much as it seems to hurt us when he's actually playing.

And if he needs a couple of games to 'get his legs back' or whatever, we don't have that time to spare. We need everyone in the lineup the last 9 games to be contributing and helping us win.

You aren't him. You don't know how bad it is. Give him the benefit of the doubt. He is a professional after all. And also we've seen how Cleary skates with a broken leg. It's not helping the team in any way.

Edited by CrimsonFlame

You aren't him. You don't know how bad it is. Give him the benefit of the doubt. He is a professional after all. And also we've seen how Cleary skates with a broken leg. It's not helping the team in any way.

I'd be happy to give him the benefit of the doubt for the groin, the finger, the shoulder, the pec muscle...but I'm sorry man, you only get so many passes. He's contributed nothing this season except for a drain on the payroll.

I agree with the other posters in this thread though, if Babock wanted him to play, I imagine he'd suck it up. This ongoing rash of minor injuries tells me management doesn't care about getting him back into the lineup.

Guest Crymson

I'd be happy to give him the benefit of the doubt for the groin, the finger, the shoulder, the pec muscle...but I'm sorry man, you only get so many passes. He's contributed nothing this season except for a drain on the payroll.

I agree with the other posters in this thread though, if Babock wanted him to play, I imagine he'd suck it up. This ongoing rash of minor injuries tells me management doesn't care about getting him back into the lineup.

That hopefully means a buyout in the summer.

I think some of you are missing the point.

The guy's had, like, 25 different injuries in the past 3-4 months. And he's played all of, what, two games? And in those games... :shout:. And he was brought back to the fold because he was considered a sure bet, a safe move, reliable, rugged, gritty, durable, etc. Holland even gave him an NTC. "Oh, come on, how could they have known he'd have such bad luck this season?" Well, he's had injury problems in the past, and he's older than ever (35 or 36), and this is - as George Malik puts it - a demolition derby of a season...

Edited by Dabura

Guest The Axe

It's like Holland is paying Sammy to fake being injured all year so the younger players can play.

Holland doesn't know what he's doing. Praise was just not worth 2 million more. Uggggg

I'm sorry, but a sore pectoral muscle? That shouldn't impact skating. I know for a fact that many players (Stevie Y) played though far far worse than a sore chest. Its not that unreasonable to poke fun at him for sitting for such a small discomfort. I don't see how Ken Holland can afford to keep Sammy for another year. He has been the biggest waste of a roster spot ever and screams amnesty buyout.

I'm sorry, but a sore pectoral muscle? That shouldn't impact skating. I know for a fact that many players (Stevie Y) played though far far worse than a sore chest. Its not that unreasonable to poke fun at him for sitting for such a small discomfort. I don't see how Ken Holland can afford to keep Sammy for another year. He has been the biggest waste of a roster spot ever and screams amnesty buyout reclamation project.

Fixed. ;)

We shouldn't kid ourselves. We all know he's coming back next year.

Holland doesn't know what he's doing. Praise was just not worth 2 million more. Uggggg

Stop. Praise didn't want to come to Detroit. Just frickin stop with that garbage. You act like Holland can force players to come to Detroit, he can't. Players can pick where they go and Praise wanted Minnesota, nothing you can do about it except sit there and cry.

I mean, no one saw this coming; its unfortunate for both parties involved. If Sammy is bought out this summer, will a portion of his contract still count against the cap? Or does the definition of an amnesty buyout mean that there is no penalty?

I wouldn't go that far, he's had injury troubles in the past.

But he was worth the risk. We didn't risk anything signing him, he was the best option at the time.

Guest Playmaker

Depending how sore the pec is it can be a very difficult injury to play with. Personally, I'd rather have a healthy guy in there than someone like Cleary who is a total waste of space out on the ice the past two seasons.

Yzerman missed a ton of games due to injury.