• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dirty Dangle

Abdelkader suspended 2 games for hit on Lydman

Rate this topic

Where are all the celebration posts?? There should be a s***load of rejoicing going on here at LgW right about now. Lot of you feel Abby is a simple plug, so now that he's gone we can implement 'your' linemate choice and breeze into the finals right?

Gryba and Abdelkader, 4 games for hits that weren't even penalties 5 years ago. The NHL will have no hitting and fighting in no time, it's a fast game, a physical game, there's no way to eliminate all the dangerous plays. So instead we play musical chairs with whats acceptable and what isn't. Poor Shanny, I wish he'd resign and let someone else make these decisions so his name doesn't get besmirched so often.

For game 4 I'd like to see Bertuzzi take Abbys place and Tootoo in for Sammy. Gotta get more physical with Abby out.

Guest Crymson

Suspension or not, it was a stupid play. He hit a vulnerable player and left his feet while doing so. I understand that he was trying to energize the team, but it was an ill-advised action.

Where are all the celebration posts?? There should be a s***load of rejoicing going on here at LgW right about now. Lot of you feel Abby is a simple plug, so now that he's gone we can implement 'your' linemate choice and breeze into the finals right?

Yep. I was about to say the same thing.

Abby's hit was uncalled for, unsportsmanlike /sarcasm :scared: 2 games... really?! things like this make miss old time hockey even more (pre-bettman)

I am just going to put this here and remember, weber got nothing for this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5SaKnlSexw

Edited by Yeti

Guest irishock

I've already cut Brendan Shanahan from my 1997 championship poster. This scumbag will forever be a St. Louis Blue in my eyes.

Guy was more inconsistent than Franzen and was inferior to Dallas Drake in the toughness department. He's a dime a dozen.

Called it. This ******* corporate clown.. Fake tough forward who couldn't do s*** when the pressure was on him. He's forever Yzerman's ******* coat tailer and I care for him less than I do Danny Cleary, a true Red Wing by blood despite his decline the last couple of years.

Anyone watching the Mtl Sens series right now should see the massive amount of hits that are big that go uncalled (aside from gryba) due to the fact that there is no injury. Subban is flying around and hit neil high and this current game is more of the same. I just dont see much to separate these hits except for the fact that there is injury. In a game like this where you take a risk by being on the ice i think it should be okay to cause injury with a clean check and not get a knee jerk suspension.

2 games, a 5 and a game misconduct in the playoffs. This league is going down the s***ter. Weber slams Z's head into the boards last year, a fine, no suspension. Then the preds organization openly mocks the play .

webercopy.jpg

Buttman.jpg

Edited by MidMichSteve