Photo
- - - - -

WCSF - (1) Chicago Blackhawks vs. (7) Detroit Red Wings

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

Poll: Red Wings vs Blackhawks Series

Who will win, how many games?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 MTU_Huskies963

MTU_Huskies963

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,810 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:00 AM

If the wings can minimize their mistakes, I don't see why they can't win this series. I for one am happy the wings don't have to deal with the ducks forecheck anymore. 3/4 of the wing's mistakes last series were caused by the heavy pressure they applied.

• Nev likes this

#22 derblaueClaus

derblaueClaus

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:11 AM

I think the Wings have got a shot. That said, I'm also in the fortunate position of being satisfied with the season already as of tonight. I'll enjoy it either way.

Me too. And It's the playoffs, anything can happen. So I pick Wings in 6 and enjoy the ride whatever happens.

"I'd have my **** out if I scored four goals. Id have my **** out, stroking it." - "Jumbo" Joe Thornton

Monsterblue.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate

#23 drumnj

drumnj

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:21 AM

I do have to say this will probably be a less stressful series.  Going into it we are expecting the worst and the Wings have overcome great odds to get here.  It's all pretty much icing on the cake now and whatever happens will either be what we thought or elated to probably epic levels of homerism.

Got FSD setup with all it's glory.  Plan to have pre and post game coverage along with Wingspan and 24/7.  Youtube page: RedWingsLive1

Red Wings and Griffins Live Games Check my profile
Always looking for people to help with the site, be it coding (PHP & JS) or design work. PM me if you'd be interested.

Cleary on, Mike!
Cleary on, Ken!
Dan's World, Dan's World... Mediocrity!... Excellent!

#24 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:26 AM

I love that we get to see this series.  We will certainly see some awesome hockey with these two teams facing off, is Tatar going to be seen at all this post season?  We could use his young scoring touch here

....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#25 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 10:00 AM

All the pressure (in the world) is on the 'hawks.

Spot on.The Hawks,#1 seed with stacked team play against #7 seed arch rival,with weakest team in years having the home ice advantage.

They are good,but they are flash and bones as well so let's take advantage on huge pressure they're under :)

#26 drumnj

drumnj

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 10:34 AM

Proposed schedule according to FSD.

Western Conference semifinals: No. 7 Detroit vs.  No. 1 Chicago

Game 1: Wednesday May 15, Red Wings at Blackhawks

Game 2: Saturday May 18, Red Wings at Blackhawks

Game 3: May 20, Blackhawks at Red Wings

Game 4: May 22, Blackhawks at Red Wings

Got FSD setup with all it's glory.  Plan to have pre and post game coverage along with Wingspan and 24/7.  Youtube page: RedWingsLive1

Red Wings and Griffins Live Games Check my profile
Always looking for people to help with the site, be it coding (PHP & JS) or design work. PM me if you'd be interested.

Cleary on, Mike!
Cleary on, Ken!
Dan's World, Dan's World... Mediocrity!... Excellent!

#27 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:05 AM

Jimmy will have to outplay Crawford like he did Hiller.

It's possible although I voted the Hawks in 6.

Prove me wrong please Wings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#28 matt198913

matt198913

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:10 AM

I think the Winga can steal a couple at the United Center... Why not us.... Wings in 6 expect low scoring physical game
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#29 NhlEndedDynasties

NhlEndedDynasties

Draftee

• 8 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:48 AM

Win early in CHI and don't look back.

#30 MTU_Huskies963

MTU_Huskies963

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,810 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:08 PM

Why do people keep saying the wings can't match the hawks offensive depth? They keep going back to the season series record against the wings, but I am guessing they did not watch those games. The only lopsided one was that 7-1 game on Easter Sunday.

#31 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,974 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:15 PM

The Blackhawks don't scare me.  I think we could take them under most circumstances, but the deck is severely stacked against us considering how the first round went for both teams.  Chicago had virtually no travel, won in 5 games and is going to be well rested.  Oh yeah, they have home ice and the best record in the league too.  Meanwhile, we've been flying back and forth across the country over and over again in a hard fought, OT filled, 7 game series against the Ducks.  

It would make my season if we knocked out the Hawks, but I have a hard time seeing it happen.

The ridiculous travel's definitely an unequivocal negative. But the cruising-to-victory thing? If I'm "Coach Q," I'm very pleased - and very worried. Because, truth is, he really doesn't know what kind of team he's got. No one does. Not even the team itself. Because, truth is, this 'hawks team has faced zero adversity this season.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#32 kickazz

kickazz

Rookie

• Pip
  • 150 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:18 PM

If Zetterberg and Datsyuk can match up to Kane and Toews respectively, and if Howard stays as strong as he has, the series is Detroits.

#33 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,225 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:21 PM

Hawks take this one pretty easily in 5 games.

You said the Ducks had the Red Wings "done" after Game 5, too. 

I agree the Hawks will win, but it won't be easy.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#34 Wing-in-avs-town

Wing-in-avs-town

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 714 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:22 PM

I do have to say this will probably be a less stressful series.  Going into it we are expecting the worst and the Wings have overcome great odds to get here.  It's all pretty much icing on the cake now and whatever happens will either be what we thought or elated to probably epic levels of homerism.

And the Wings aren't on the West coast for this one, we can all get back to our normal sleep patterns :-)

The early bird may get the worm, but it's the 2nd mouse that gets the cheese.

#35 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:35 PM

We are going to have to somehow shutdown Sharp and Hossa as we did Perry in the Ducks series.

#36 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,726 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:51 PM

The team already overarchieved, so let's just enjoy the ride whatever happens happens.

It is funny how some guys are trying to be trolls, at least if you want to troll do a better job at it Maltby...

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#37 gec5741

gec5741

Draftee

• 1 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 01:20 PM

I don't think you can really look at what happened vs the hawks and wings in the regular season and base anything on what's going to happen in the playoffs.  I voted hawks in 6 being from chicago and a hawks fan but I will be honest and say that I'm pretty nervous (and excited) about this series.  I would never not give the wings the credit they are due or take for granted the team they have.  The wings have overcome a lot to get where they are and they are hungry!  I'll be cheering for the hawks but either way it's going to be a good series and a fun one to watch! 

#38 rooter2309

rooter2309

Ja City

• 5 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 02:09 PM

The hockey gods had this series scheduled as soon as the re-alignment was finalized. I have a feeling the wings take game one behind a sluggish start by Chicago and game 7 intensity by the winged wheel. Chicago has been sitting around. Detroit gets a nice little rest and they're right back to work.
Proud to be born and raised in Hockeytown. Pavel's white cat >>>>

#39 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 02:58 PM

2 Things scare me about this Blackhawks team

1)  Their second line of Sharp-Handzus-Kane against Smith-Quincey or Kindl-Colo.  Babcock has to separate Pav and Hank to counter their 1-2 punch IMO.

2)  The lack of Brian Campbell on the blueline.  He was one of our best players in the '09 series, we could really do with him again.

I sure won't miss that Anaheim forecheck though!

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#40 SFwingsfan

SFwingsfan

Helm's Hoes

• HoF Booster
  • 247 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:03 PM

i thought they were flying straight to chicago, i guess not since the game is weds instead of tues....

http://flightaware.c...e/flight/N682RW