Photo
- - - - -

Another reason why Red Wings fans are awesome.

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 RedLightGoesOn

RedLightGoesOn

Playoff Ice...if you know what I mean

• PipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:41 AM

Found this linked on Facebook. These guys deserve major props.

http://www.wingingit...is-where-its-at

40 for life.

#2 Rick D

Rick D

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:51 AM

I read that earlier today. So awesome.

Eff Chicago

Eff Boston

#3 Smite

Smite

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:23 AM

I noticed the picture of jimmy watching the game. 

:clap:  :yahoo:

"When the cast comes off, I ask my doctor, 'Have I recovered so I can play the violin?' The doctor says, 'But of course you can play the violin.' I say, 'Wow, this is great. Before this injury, I could never play violin at all. I must break the other hand so I can play guitar.'" –Pavel Datsuk on breaking his hand

#4 RedWingsDad

RedWingsDad

Bigot

• Restricted
  • PipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:28 AM

ha ha... while I do really appreciate getting under Kane's skin... I have to think having a picture of his mom is going too far. I would have been hell of pissed in his place, as I’m sure most people would.

Tim Thomas - Patriot and generally awesome human being.

Romans 10:13 - For whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

#5 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,280 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:44 AM

ha ha... while I do really appreciate getting under Kane's skin... I have to think having a picture of his mom is going too far. I would have been hell of pissed in his place, as I’m sure most people would.

He wasn't dissing his mom, he was just using her to convey messages is all.  Had he taken potshots at his mom, that would have been going too far.

Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#6 chances14

chances14

The Magician

• PipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:48 AM

only thing out of bounds is making fun of a player's kids imo, unless of course his mother just passed away or something like that. besides, they weren't even making fun of his mother. it's all in good natured fun

remember reading an old the hockey news article on trash talking and the consensus among players was that everything was fair game except for kids

Edited by chances14, 22 May 2013 - 11:49 AM.

#7 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,537 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:54 AM

Absolutely priceless.

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

Just look at how he hangs his sunglasses from his banana hammock in that last pic.  This guyf****** rules. --kipwinger

#8 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:05 PM

Haha, that's hilarious! :lol:  The adoption thing may be a tad dis-tasteful, but Why can't you be more like that Zetterberg? is pure brilliance.

The fact that it got under his skin is even funnier.  It never ceases to amaze me how some people react to trash-talk about their mothers.  Say the most outrageous, most patently untrue things about their mother and they just lose it :D

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#9 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:14 PM

#1 - how the hell did buddy get a picture of Kane's mom

#2 - thanks to buddy for getting said picture of Kane's mom. 

That's some funny stuff.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#10 MCleveland89

MCleveland89

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:16 PM

They need to do this for game 4. We won game 3. Keep it going!

#11 FlashyG

FlashyG

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:23 PM

#1 - how the hell did buddy get a picture of Kane's mom

#2 - thanks to buddy for getting said picture of Kane's mom. 

That's some funny stuff.

I'm pretty sure she was featured prominently in the news when Kane brought her with him to Europe to cook and clean for him

during the lockout 

#12 Rhah

Rhah

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:26 PM

I'm pretty sure she was featured prominently in the news when Kane brought her with him to Europe to cook and clean for him

during the lockout 

More importantly to baby sit him because he kept getting into the news for drunk partying and pictures. So, in order to mature more, he moved back in with his Mom basically... pic fan brought to game appropriate in my opinion.

#13 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,510 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:30 PM

I was just telling my girlfriend about this and she said, "well it is his mother, he has a right to be pissed".  To which I responded, "well it is the Stanley Cup playoffs". 

She sighed and gave in. 

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#14 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:42 PM

That is priceless!

IPB Image

#15 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:59 PM

How did I not notice this during the game? The more we can taunt Kane the better.
After the first few games, i would say toews is probably pretty flappable as well

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#16 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:03 PM

I saw that picture during the game, but I'm ashamed to say I thought it was Kane's mugshot.

patrick-kane-mugshot.jpg

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#17 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:03 PM

Haha, I love that even the other Hawks laughed. Kane seems like a real you-know-what.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#18 Jenny

Jenny

Geeky Goalie Girl

• PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:17 PM

I love that he was so prepared that he actually brought a spare picture of Mrs. Kane to use after the first one was confiscated.  :lol:

detroit-skyline.jpg

My priorities: 1-Hockey. 2-Sleep. 3-Food. 4-Everything Else.

No, Ozzie is NOT the Breakfast Wizard!" -- my husband

#19 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,537 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:48 PM

I'm having a s***ty day, so I keep going back to that article and reading it/looking at the pictures and it makes me feel better lol.

I think the mugshot would be a great one to take to tomorrow's game, you know, if anyone's going...

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

Just look at how he hangs his sunglasses from his banana hammock in that last pic.  This guyf****** rules. --kipwinger

#20 grimace1970

grimace1970

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 02:19 PM

This rocks so much.  Please do it again game 4!  Please?  We'll reimburse your foam-board!