• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

2013 Stanley Cup Finals - Boston Bruins vs. Chicago Blackhawks

Rate this topic

after the Bruins demolished Blackhawks in Game 3 I had an idea that this might work out and those f* would loose. but knowing how resilent those bastards are and how much sisu they have, I highly doubted Chicago will quickly lose the series like many predicted back then. I didn't expect them to come back that strong, though.

hats off for amazing resilence and playoff spirit of Blackhawks. whatever people thought of them and how much undervaluated Quenville, they did great job in facing the adversity and playing through to the very end. that's a champion material, no doubt.

it hurts to see them win it, especially this spoiled f* Kane get the Conn Smythe, but... they were the team to beat this year. too bad Wings couldn't pull off one more win in their series :(

Edited by akustyk

Congrats to the Hawks. Even with the injuries to Toews and Hossa, they still pulled out a series win. Having said that, after Game 3 Boston looked like a completely different team. I don't know if it was a loss of focus because maybe they thought they had this in the bag or more likely they were exhausted, but the passing wasn't there like it had been and the speed wasn't there on the offensive forecheck. I know he got hurt last night, but Jagr played like a 41 year old hockey player in the last 3 games. Krejci pretty much disappeared. Marchand didn't have the speed like he did before. Rask looked pretty unsure of himself at the end too. He was so confident in net and in the zone and then after that 6 goal game, he never got back into form. Patrice Bergeron's injury was tough on them. He's a pretty important part of their team and his injury can't be understated.

As its been said before in this thread, we were the closest team to knocking off the Hawks and that's pretty damn good considering all of the inexperience we had on our team and the fact that we weren't expected to do anything. We weren't lucky either. It was inexperience, some bad luck and some bad breaks that led to our loss.

Congrats to the Hawks. Even with the injuries to Toews and Hossa, they still pulled out a series win. Having said that, after Game 3 Boston looked like a completely different team. I don't know if it was a loss of focus because maybe they thought they had this in the bag or more likely they were exhausted, but the passing wasn't there like it had been and the speed wasn't there on the offensive forecheck. I know he got hurt last night, but Jagr played like a 41 year old hockey player in the last 3 games. Krejci pretty much disappeared. Marchand didn't have the speed like he did before. Rask looked pretty unsure of himself at the end too. He was so confident in net and in the zone and then after that 6 goal game, he never got back into form. Patrice Bergeron's injury was tough on them. He's a pretty important part of their team and his injury can't be understated.

As its been said before in this thread, we were the closest team to knocking off the Hawks and that's pretty damn good considering all of the inexperience we had on our team and the fact that we weren't expected to do anything. We weren't lucky either. It was inexperience, some bad luck and some bad breaks that led to our loss.

I think even the Bruins don't know what happened. They had the Hawks against the wall and just needed to finish the job but for whatever reason they fell apart a bit. Although I hate to admit it, but the Kane Toews Bickel line might as well the best line in hockey right now, excellent playmaking, clutch scoring and size **** after the Hawks reuinited them, Chara looked absolutely overmatched and was on the ice for 9 of 12 Hawks goals.

I also thought Crawford outplayed Rask, which just shows you how good Thomas is and that Rask has a long way to go in order to be mentioned in the same sentence as him.

Congrats to the Hawks. Would have loved to see Seidenberg winning his 2nd Cup but at least it brought me the second place in the LGW Bracket Challange. :P

I'm really curious what would have been possible for the Wings if they won the series. Hopefully we will get the anwser next season.

Congrats to the Hawks. Would have loved to see Seidenberg winning his 2nd Cup but at least it brought me the second place in the LGW Bracket Challange. :P

I'm really curious what would have been possible for the Wings if they won the series. Hopefully we will get the anwser next season.

I think putting that kind of pressure on a young, developing team heading into their first full season is asking for disappointment. I hope they make the playoffs everything else would be just a big + like this season.

Keep in mind the Hawks have to shed a lot of salary again, just like they did in 2010.

Still in awe as to how that went down last night. Wow.

And yeah, the constant Wings up 3-1 series references during interviews, at least on CBC, those stung.

"...and because the lockout wasn't enough, I'm going to f*** with real hockey fans a little more. Your Conn Smythe winner, the player who most exemplifies the courageousness of the NHL playoffs..."

940-patrick-kane-conn-smythe-trophy.jpg

Edited by b.shanafan14

Still in awe as to how that went down last night. Wow.

And yeah, the constant Wings up 3-1 series references during interviews, at least on CBC, those stung.

Yeah, no kidding. They did talk about us a bunch after the Hawks won the Cup. If you weren't a hockey fan and just turned it on at the end, you would've thought they beat the Wings to win the Cup.

It doesn't sting for me in the least. We were an inexperience 7th seed that barely made the playoffs. I wasn't expecting us to even take it that far. Plus, our young guys ended up getting a nice Calder Cup championship out of it.

Thank god the nightmare is finally over.

I have never seen a team get more puck luck in OTs and less than 5 mins to go in period 3's ever...

Shaw play should have never been whistled dead while Boston had a scoring chance unless the guy was about to be carted off on a stretcher. Dude only missed like 2 shifts. Wings get a guy boarded into oblivion and the puck in wrong end and the refs let the other team go all way down ice 5 on 4 to score a goal.

That is really my only complaint about the officiating (although the blood thing is a good point but apparently in this post season unless its too many men on ice or delay of game puck over glass... the refs are going to have zero consistency. I hope consistency is preached to their asses this offseason).

I think putting that kind of pressure on a young, developing team heading into their first full season is asking for disappointment. I hope they make the playoffs everything else would be just a big + like this season.

Keep in mind the Hawks have to shed a lot of salary again, just like they did in 2010.

Looking at Capgeek they are are nowhere near the trouble they were in after 2010. They probably will have a problem signing Bickel. They may have loose somebody like Bolland. But they have plenty waiting to replace them down in Rockford.

Yeah, no kidding. They did talk about us a bunch after the Hawks won the Cup. If you weren't a hockey fan and just turned it on at the end, you would've thought they beat the Wings to win the Cup.

It doesn't sting for me in the least. We were an inexperience 7th seed that barely made the playoffs. I wasn't expecting us to even take it that far. Plus, our young guys ended up getting a nice Calder Cup championship out of it.

Sorry man but I respectfully and wholeheartedly disagree. A Calder Cup championship in no way makes up for the fact that our franchise had three chances to put away the team that eventually hoisted. That is choke/heartbreak/salt in wound all over the place.

How the hell is Kane the MVP? Crawford or Bickell should've gotten it.

esteef

I think that Chicago will do what they need to to retain him, but why people wouldn't want Bickell wearing a Detroit sweater is beyond me.

Sorry man but I respectfully and wholeheartedly disagree. A Calder Cup championship in no way makes up for the fact that our franchise had three chances to put away the team that eventually hoisted. That is choke/heartbreak/salt in wound all over the place.

I think that Chicago will do what they need to to retain him, but why people wouldn't want Bickell wearing a Detroit sweater is beyond me.

Because up until this point we have managed to keep a roster free of d-bags... even Abdelkader is a pest with class.

Because up until this point we have managed to keep a roster free of d-bags... even Abdelkader is a pest with class.

Toots and Bert didn't have a history as d-bags?

Give me 20 D-bags. Could care less. That team full of D-Bags is walking around town with Lord’s Stanley right now.

Toots and Bert didn't have a history as d-bags?

Give me 20 D-bags. Could care less. That team full of D-Bags is walking around town with Lord’s Stanley right now.

Hrm, you are right... I could maybe stomach 17 D-bags with a Cup and 3 Captains and Alternates who exude class... I couldn't handle a crybaby captain though.

At least it wasn't Toews.

Lebrun had his as his second choice for it a few days ago, which is a jaw droppingly bad choice.

Kronwall's skate should have gotten the Conn Smythe, without it, Hawks may not have gotten out of Round 2. On a more serious note, without Crawford, Hawks do not for real get out of Round 2.

I was impressed that other than the 6 to 5 game in Finals, there didn't seem to be one game where he imploded even after letting in a weak goal. I was waiting for it all post season, a total implosion game.

To each his own. The Wings were not expected to do anything this year and I felt the most important part of this year was the development of our young guys. I mean, if our top prospects don't perform well, we're looking at some lean years, lottery draft picking years. Seeing them take it to Chicago, a team that eventually won the Stanley Cup, is very promising. Seeing them win the Calder Cup down in the AHL is even more promising. Losing never feels good, especially to Chicago, but there's a big shiny silver lining to this past season and maybe that makes me a glass half full kind of guy, but the promise these young guys showed this spring outshine the loss. Again though, that's just me.

It does for me, that's for sure. Obviously, that has to do with my proximity to the Griffins; but it's great to know the future is bright and for all the irritation and bad feelings between myself and hockey this year - it wound up being a better season than I think any of us could have realistically hoped for.

Of course, it stings to know that they could've taken the Blackhawks out; but defeating Chicago doesn't guarantee a cup or even a place in the Finals. The fact of the matter is, the best team in all of hockey won the Stanley Cup - and they defeated Boston 3 games in a row to do it.

Hrm, you are right... I could maybe stomach 17 D-bags with a Cup and 3 Captains and Alternates who exude class... I couldn't handle a crybaby captain though.

Kronwall's skate should have gotten the Conn Smythe, without it, Hawks may not have gotten out of Round 2. On a more serious note, without Crawford, Hawks do not for real get out of Round 2.

I was impressed that other than the 6 to 5 game in Finals, there didn't seem to be one game where he imploded even after letting in a weak goal. I was waiting for it all post season, a total implosion game.

Crawford would've been my choice.

He had a shaky game in the Finals but overall was a big reason the Hawks were still in the playoffs as they got their act together.

In 2010 they won it because of their stacked team and in spite of their goaltending. This year they needed to lean on their goalie.

How the hell is Kane the MVP? Crawford or Bickell should've gotten it.

esteef

My choice for MVP is Seabrook. He got Toews back on track....twice, got 2 OT goals, 1 winning a series and the 2nd swinging the momentum back for the Hawks. On top of that, he played really good shutdown hockey and was a big leader for the Hawks.

The main problem with all the MVP type trophies and Norris and such, is that EVERY trophy is a point race. They aren't given to the guys that actually fit the description of the trophy.