• Please log in to reply
343 replies to this topic

#1 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,173 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:09 PM

I figure let's just have one thread to discuss buyouts and trades in the offseason to stop the forums from getting clogged

I will update all buyouts here, and trades

Buyouts:

Philly:

Briere

Bryzgalov

Chicago:

Montador

Olesz

Montreal:

Kaberle

Gomez (pre-season)

Tampa:

Lecavalier

NYR:

Redden (pre-season)

Trades:

To Avs:

Alex Tanguay

Cory Sarich

To Flames:

David Jones

Shane O'Brien 

Edited by Euro_Twins, 28 June 2013 - 10:42 AM.

#2 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:32 PM

Sweet, trade Filppula's rights and whatever else to Winnepeg for Blake Wheeler's rights.  Trade a conditional 4th to Florida for Weiss's rights.  Bingo bango, got a big power winger and a center to replace Flip. 

Also, sweeten either pot with Tootoo, Colaiacovo, Eaves, or Emmerton as necessary. 

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#3 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,950 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:44 PM

Sweet, trade Filppula's rights and whatever else to Winnepeg for Blake Wheeler's rights.  Trade a conditional 4th to Florida for Weiss's rights.  Bingo bango, got a big power winger and a center to replace Flip. 

Also, sweeten either pot with Tootoo, Colaiacovo, Eaves, or Emmerton as necessary. 

I think the OP meant this thread to be a destination to report actual trades and buyouts, not speculation, rumors, or ideas. Correct me if I'm wrong.

With that being said, let's go huge:

To Winnipeg:

Filpulla's rights

Tatar

Quincey

Tootoo

Emmerton

To Detroit:

Wheeler's rights

Bogoisian

:w00t:

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#4 FlashyG

FlashyG

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,145 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:46 PM

With Wheeler being a RFA I doubt the rights to a UFA Filppula would be all that enticing. I doubt they are willing to trade his rights at all unless its in exchange for one or more good prospects or a high draft pick. He may not be available at all.

I think Flips rights could possibly be swapped with Florida for Weiss' rights but even that is probably a long shot. I don't know if Florida has given up on signing him yet, and if they don't want Weiss I can't see them wanting Flip instead. Chances are the only thing you're going to get for a UFA's rights is a draft pick in the 4th round or later. 

On topic - Canadiens to buyout Kaberle

- Flyers also buyout Briere

- Leafs to buyout Komisarek

Edited by FlashyG, 25 June 2013 - 12:52 PM.

#5 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:48 PM

I think the OP meant this thread to be a destination to report actual trades and buyouts, not speculation, rumors, or ideas. Correct me if I'm wrong.

With that being said, let's go huge:

To Winnipeg:

Filpulla's rights

Tatar

Quincey

Tootoo

Emmerton

To Detroit:

Wheeler's rights

Bogoisian

:w00t:

I'm down with this trade, but it only happens if Dave Dombrowski is given control of the Red Wings for an afternoon. 

With Wheeler being a RFA I doubt the rights to a UFA Filppula would be all that enticing. I doubt they are willing to trade his rights at all unless its in exchange for one or more good prospects or a high draft pick. He may not be available at all.

I think Flips rights could possibly be swapped with Florida for Weiss' rights but even that is probably a long shot. I don't know if Florida has given up on signing him yet, and if they don't want Weiss I can't see them wanting Flip instead. Chances are the only thing you're going to get for a UFA's rights is a draft pick in the 4th round or later. 

Agreed, this proposal is pretty tongue in cheek.  He made a trade and buyout thread so I just threw the first one up I could think of.  I have no idea whether Wheeler is available or what it would take to get Weiss's rights.  It's just for a laugh. 

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#6 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,198 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:52 PM

HAHAHAH!  That's hilarious.  The Jets are working on contracts right now with Wheeler and Bogo, so that dream will be crushed within days. 

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#7 Datsyukian-Deke

Datsyukian-Deke

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:05 PM

I would hate to be a Flyers fan right now. You trim the contracts of Richards to make room for Bryz and get rid of Bobrovsky who wins the Vezina this year. Only to use a buy-out on him. Yikes!

#8 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,173 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:11 PM

I did mean for this thread to just be a spot to post actual trades and buyouts, there are other threads such as the capgeek thread and others to discuss fantasy trades and what not 

#9 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,756 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:15 PM

nvm

Edited by Son of a Wing, 25 June 2013 - 01:16 PM.

"The leader must never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert."
Vince Lombardi

When asked who won, Babcock said, “Well it doesn’t really matter as long as you don’t lose. It’s like going bear hunting, you take a slow guy with you in case the bear is hungry.”

#10 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,173 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:17 PM

I'm kinda hoping we can pull off a deal for Yandle finally. With us switching conferences and Phoenix in dire need of some forward depth I could see a trade being worked out.

To Phoenix:

Tatar

Eaves

Colaiacovo

2nd round pick

To Detroit:

Yandle

6th round pick

again this thread was meant to post and discuss actual trades and buyouts throughout the nhl. There are various other threads to talk about what trades you want

#11 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:23 PM

https://mobile.twitt...238346104569857

Teams not using buyouts... Calgary, Columbus, New Jersey for sure. Imagine more added here in next few days.

Mackenzie guesses other teams that won't use their buyouts:
https://mobile.twitt...241890455031808

Just a guess but also ANA, BOS, BUF, CAR, DAL, OTT, PHX amongst others.

Edited by wingsfan4795, 25 June 2013 - 01:30 PM.

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#12 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:22 PM

here is hoping Stevie goes through with the rumored buyout of Vinny LeCav! he would be a nice #2 C for us!

#13 FlashyG

FlashyG

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,145 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:41 PM

here is hoping Stevie goes through with the rumored buyout of Vinny LeCav! he would be a nice #2 C for us!

From what I've read "IF" that happens it won't happen this off-season but next years.

#14 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:43 PM

From what I've read "IF" that happens it won't happen this off-season but next years.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm under the impression that this summer is the end of which a team can buy-out 1 of it's players.

If that's so - me thinks Stevie will keep Vinny.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#15 FlashyG

FlashyG

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,145 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:50 PM

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm under the impression that this summer is the end of which a team can buy-out 1 of it's players.

If that's so - me thinks Stevie will keep Vinny.

You can have 2 compliance buyouts total, and you can use them this off season or next off season. Teams also had the opportunity to use them during this season provided the person they were buying out was making more than 3 or 3.5 million a season (I can't remember exactly where the cutoff was)

Gomez and Redden were the only 2 of the accelerated buyouts used. 

#16 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:52 PM

You can have 2 compliance buyouts total, and you can use them this off season or next off season. Teams also had the opportunity to use them during this season provided the person they were buying out was making more than 3 or 3.5 million a season (I can't remember exactly where the cutoff was)

Gomez and Redden were the only 2 of the accelerated buyouts used. 

Oh - ok...Thanks for the clarification...I was under the impression that it was either at the start of this past shortened season, or this summer in which you could use your 2 buy outs.

Now that next summer can come into play - things will be interesting.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#17 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:43 PM

That is the part that is unknown. TB is expected to buy out both Malone and Vinny. But no one s sure if they will do one this year and one next, both this year, both next year, and in what order.

If Vinny is available this summer, we need to bendover backwards to sign him, then dump Franzen. Just to make the money/cap work.

#18 FlashyG

FlashyG

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,145 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:16 AM

That is the part that is unknown. TB is expected to buy out both Malone and Vinny. But no one s sure if they will do one this year and one next, both this year, both next year, and in what order.

If Vinny is available this summer, we need to bendover backwards to sign him, then dump Franzen. Just to make the money/cap work.

Doing that makes no sense. That is replacing one of the few goal scorers we have for another set-up man.

One of our biggest problem is that we don't have enough top 6 forwards and too many bottom 6 forwards and defenceman, I'd rather keep Franzen to play with Vinny, then jettison one of the extra defenceman to free up space. Quincey or Cola would by my first choices.

#19 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:53 AM

Doing that makes no sense. That is replacing one of the few goal scorers we have for another set-up man.

One of our biggest problem is that we don't have enough top 6 forwards and too many bottom 6 forwards and defenceman, I'd rather keep Franzen to play with Vinny, then jettison one of the extra defenceman to free up space. Quincey or Cola would by my first choices.

keep mule and give vinny the money filp is asking for. Dump Sammy for extra cap space too..

that said, I bet Tampa keeps vinny this season.

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#20 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:08 AM

keep mule and give vinny the money filp is asking for. Dump Sammy for extra cap space too..

that said, I bet Tampa keeps vinny this season.

All sources claiming a buyout say that he'll be kept until 2014.