• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Ram

Joakim Andersson re-signs, 2yrs, $1.465m ($732,500k cap hit)

Rate this topic

Did Emdog not center our 4th line the last 2 years?

2 years ago we had Helm but not Andersson. Last year we had Andersson but not Helm.

If Emmerton wants to avoid being waived in October he needs to be sticking pins in the back of his Darren Helm voodoo doll.

I think Andersson can have a Pahlsson type career. Dependable 3rd or 4th line center with a big body and wins faceoffs.

Emmerton is more like Matt Ellis. He won't hurt much but he doesn't help a lot either. Saying that they used him as the 4th center the last couple years so they should just keep him there is border line retarded. If you can upgrade you do it.

Guest The Axe

2 years ago we had Helm but not Andersson. Last year we had Andersson but not Helm.

If Emmerton wants to avoid being waived in October he needs to be sticking pins in the back of his Darren Helm voodoo doll.

OR he can just play 4th line center while Andersson plays wing?

What is with your man crush for "Emdog"? (which is a ridiculous nickname by the way)...

Emmerton is a dependable number 5 center for a team that runs into injuries up the middle, that is all he is. Why do you keep trying to say he is anything more than that? He wouldn't be a great 4th line center for a sh*tty team, let alone the Red Wings... Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Weiss, Helm, Abdelkader, Andersson are all better options than him. Hell, I would rather a 4th line centered by Miller or Eaves than Emmerton. The guy is expendable, but the only reason he is and probably will stick around is his ridiculously low cap hit. With everyone healthy you can be guaranteed that he will be sitting in the pressbox...

Guest The Axe

What is with your man crush for "Emdog"? (which is a ridiculous nickname by the way)...

Emmerton is a dependable number 5 center for a team that runs into injuries up the middle, that is all he is. Why do you keep trying to say he is anything more than that? He wouldn't be a great 4th line center for a sh*tty team, let alone the Red Wings... Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Weiss, Helm, Abdelkader, Andersson are all better options than him. Hell, I would rather a 4th line centered by Miller or Eaves than Emmerton. The guy is expendable, but the only reason he is and probably will stick around is his ridiculously low cap hit. With everyone healthy you can be guaranteed that he will be sitting in the pressbox...

I will just sticl with Babcock on this one.

Back on Topic, please. Andersson, like all Red Wing forwards, can play center OR Wing, so why does anyone think we have to slot him at 3rd or 4th line center only?

Back on Topic, please. Andersson, like all Red Wing forwards, can play center OR Wing, so why does anyone think we have to slot him at 3rd or 4th line center only?

Not sure if trolling or knows nothing about hockey... Or are you Emmerton?

What do you mean you will just "stick with Babcock on this one"?... I guarantee if you asked Babs or any other individual that has watched even a handful of Red Wings games over the past couple years would tell you that Emmerton is way down on the totem pole... The reason he has played the past two years is because we had a lack of center depth two years ago before Andersson came up and last year Helm was injured the entire season.

There are now at least 6 better options on the team at center before Emmerton and there are even a couple better options down in Grand Rapids in my opinion. Like I said before, he is still here for one reason and one reason only; his extremely cheap cap hit...

And to answer your last question, because he is a natural center, not a winger, he has become very strong in the circle, leading the team in facoff percentage in the playoffs. But you're right, we should slide Andersson to the wing to accommodate for Emmerton, the worst player on the team, hands down... Good call...

Edited by krsmith17

No. Andersson was our BEST faceoff guy last year. That negates any chance of him being on the wing. Emmerton would be the one moved to the wing, but as stated he'll only play if we have an injury to Helm or Andersson.

No. Andersson was our BEST faceoff guy last year. That negates any chance of him being on the wing.

This. Idk if I'd say best, but he was great at them.. which is why he'll play center on the wings all season. Faceoffs are a pretty important part of the game.

Edited by amato

Guest The Axe

This. Idk if I'd say best, but he was great at them.. which is why he'll play center on the wings all season. Faceoffs are a pretty important part of the game.

So you're saying he should play and should play center. 4th line only gets 7-10 mins a game, so he wont help us there.,

Andersson is the closest thing we'll find like Sami Pahlsson in his prime, and if we can slide him in as our 4th line pivot that gives us great depth. He's a big man, great on draws, decent offensive production, not overly physical but can crash and bang. Emmerton works hard, but isn't very good at anything in particular. He's expendable, big time. Plus in another world, we took Lucic in his slot in the 06 draft and he was never a Red Wing at all :hehe:

Guest DeGraa55

Because you think Helm will be out?

I think he will be third because helm will be fourth or injured.

Helm will be the third line as the center or he'll be hurt, he's not our fourth line Center. I can't believe you guys are wasting time talking about Emmerton. He's a gap fill guy that has gap filled.

If we must use him this year its only because others are hurt and our team will again not be optimal. Glad he filled in but hope he moves on elsewhere as he's about as boring as it gets.

Guest The Axe

Helm will be the third line as the center or he'll be hurt, he's not our fourth line Center. I can't believe you guys are wasting time talking about Emmerton. He's a gap fill guy that has gap filled.

If we must use him this year its only because others are hurt and our team will again not be optimal. Glad he filled in but hope he moves on elsewhere as he's about as boring as it gets.

I disagree. I like 4th liners who are serviceable and only cost league minimum. Allows us to get good 1st and 2nd liners.

I disagree. I like 4th liners who are serviceable and only cost league minimum. Allows us to get good 1st and 2nd liners.

Frankly I think greater depth and the ability to roll four strong lines is more important. And you realize Andersson only makes about 200,000 more than Emmerton right?