• Please log in to reply
421 replies to this topic

#421 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,019 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:32 PM

What bothers me is it would be inevitable that if Jimmy had done that the goal would have counted.

Which is ridiculous because Smith is actually somewhat known as a diver (which is impressive, considering he's a goalie and all).

I think it's pretty clear that karma is biting us in our collective ass. What am I talking about? Well, if memory serves, it became sort of a Big Thing back in The Glory Days that we, The Yankees of Hockey, were always in the refs' ears, always pleading our case, always whining, yapping, "Aw, c'mon!"-ing. (The Captain himself was, one could argue, a big sinner in this respect.) And there was the whole everyone-in-the-league-respects-but-ultimately-hates-Tomas-Holmstrom thing, which I think kinda got the ball rolling on the "Rein in the Spoiled Yankees" zebra campaign.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#422 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,603 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:34 AM

What bothers me is it would be inevitable that if Jimmy had done that the goal would have counted.

Sadly, you're probably correct. 

The only good thing is that Jimmy doesn't pull that kind of crap. 

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman