Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hockeytown0001

gdt
12/14 GDT : Penguins 4 at Red Wings 1

Rate this topic

393 posts in this topic

That hit on Abby was bulls***.

Oh, and notice how the Wings, just like every other team (except the Penguins) help Abby off the ice instead of calling for the stretcher to try to gain extra sympathies

This is exactly why Tootoo needs to be up with this team.

No way does big scary Tootoo prevent that hit from happening from the bench.

The Pens have no shutdown defenceman dressed, the back up in net, and we have a 5 minute major to work with. The Wings better score some damn goals. Hope Abby is alright.

I don't understand why he isn't playing. Other than the staged fight in Winnipeg - which I think Babcock probably allowed because he had so many fans there - he had reigned it in considerably. When he played he had 2-3 SOG consistently. Not bad for a 4th liner.

Because the Pens were so scared of them big bad bruins when Orpik took out Eriksson last week. These cheap shots aren't gonna stop by having a couple tough guys in the line up. The instigator rule made sure of that.

there will probably be no suspension on the Abby hit by Engelland. It's open season on Red Wings heads this season... everybody have at it!!! Nothing will happen in terms of actual discipline.

datterberg1340 likes this

Because the Pens were so scared of them big bad bruins when Orpik took out Eriksson last week. These cheap shots aren't gonna stop by having a couple tough guys in the line up. The instigator rule made sure of that.

That was a clean hit.

All things aside that first period.

We are going to have our hands full this game...

This game for us is going to probably depend on if we cash in on this PP to boot.

COME ON WINGS!!!!

I hate to say it too but that hit on Abby was clean imo.

I wish I could say it was dirty...but I can't but whatever I hope Abby ain't hurt or concussed

It was 100% contact to the head. Under no circumstances is that hit clean.

BottleOfSmoke and roboturner like this

I wish I could say it was dirty...but I can't but whatever I hope Abby ain't hurt or concussed

It wasn't.

:eh:

Also, to everyone saying the Pengins aren't THAT good - they really are. I mean, we can hang with them, but they're absolutely the more imposing team.

Full roster yes,but if you've watched their game vs Devils last night...they are very beatable.

what exactly does it take to rate an actual injury to a Red Wings, that's different from hits on players in the rest of the league?

It was 100% contact to the head. Under no circumstances is that hit clean.

After watching 3 replays I didn't see any head contact.

Maybe I need to wear glasses but to me it was shoulder to the chest with Abby throwing his head back.

Okay then. Did it stop Neal from kneeing Marchand in the head?

The thinking, I believe, is maybe the league used to be afraid of our skill, so would not want to kill a penalty against us. We all know what our PP is like now. So what's to stop the Cowens or Engyllands from having carte blanche without any sort of repercussion?

esteef and F.Michael like this

Only if you watch the pens feed and listen to their announcer. If you watch the play abbys head was down the whole time and it was actually going up when he was hit. Had he not started raising his head, hit would be much worse.