No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MabusIncarnate

gdt
12/15 GDT: Lightning 3 @ Red Wings 0

Rate this topic

328 posts in this topic

@asktheduffer: #redwings top D pair of Kronwall/Ericsson combined plus-20. Other 4 D dressed combined minus-20.

Wow

And people think offense is our problem

Nyquist giveaway sent off the post by Purcell. Glad the posts are helping Mrazek tonight. Hopefully Goose gets a couple to offset the no goal from earlier.

Wings aren't exactly lighting teams up either.

With all these injuries up front wings need to win games 2-1. I think when everyone is healthy our forwards can match up against anybody in the league

Occasionally, we will have Big E or Kronner with a nice stretch pass but those are VERY rare these days. It's clear our defensemen are mostly one dimensional. To me, that's the biggest difference between 2008 and today.

With all these injuries up front wings need to win games 2-1. I think when everyone is healthy our forwards can match up against anybody in the league

Yea I guess. If their PP was any damn good though they'd be winning these close games they've been losing lately.

Occasionally, we will have Big E or Kronner with a nice stretch pass but those are VERY rare these days. It's clear our defensemen are mostly one dimensional. To me, that's the biggest difference between 2008 and today.

I think this is accurate. Everyone focuses on the loss of Lidstrom, but Rafalski and, to a lesser extent, Stuart were also outstandinding puck movers.

I think this is accurate. Everyone focuses on the loss of Lidstrom, but Rafalski and, to a lesser extent, Stuart were also outstandinding puck movers.

....don't forget Chellie

That offside was iffy, it looked OK to me. I guess the replay will clear it up. Tatar shooting the puck was ok, imho, the whistle was after he released it.

datterberg1340 likes this

Yea I guess. If their PP was any damn good though they'd be winning these close games they've been losing lately.

Power play was good before all these injuries and still I thought it looked good and got good chances just seemed like wings had no luck. But yes special teams has been the difference in a lot of these losses

....don't forget Chellie

While I looked at Cheli as more of a defensive D late in his career, I agree he was also darn good at moving the puck.

datterberg1340 likes this

Very true. Sadly, some of them aren't very skilled at the other dimension either. Lashoff is fine as a defensive d-man, but Kindl and Quincey have really struggled at both ends. Smith shows spurts of being a solid puck mover.