• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
robb himself

If we become sellers...

Rate this topic

Just for the record, I believe that we will make the playoffs this year.

However the thought occurred to me that it is possible that we finish on the outside looking in, and wondered what we would do with Alfredsson.

Would we trade him to a contender?

What could we get in return for Alfie if worse comes to worse?

To Boston : Daniel Alfredsson

To Detroit : 1st round pick + Krug/Hamilton/Morrow

What do you guys think?

Just for the record, I believe that we will make the playoffs this year.

However the thought occurred to me that it is possible that we finish on the outside looking in, and wondered what we would do with Alfredsson.

Would we trade him to a contender?

What could we get in return for Alfie if worse comes to worse?

To Boston : Daniel Alfredsson

To Detroit : 1st round pick + Krug/Hamilton/Morrow

What do you guys think?

It would be a 1st + B level propect. Hamilton is going nowhere. Unlikely he is traded due to re-location as stated.

Seriously?

You really think that the Bruins would give up their 1st pick AND Dougie Hamilton for a 41 year-old Alfie?

It's one thing to think highly of a player on your favorite teams value. It's another thing to be, well ... wishful (borderline crazy).

Seriously?You really think that the Bruins would give up their 1st pick AND Dougie Hamilton for a 41 year-old Alfie?It's one thing to think highly of a player on your favorite teams value. It's another thing to be, well ... wishful (borderline crazy).

Chiarelli isn't Feaster and one of the best in the business, there is no way a first and Krug/Hamilton are traded for an 41 old Alfie.

I say if they are in the outside looking in come trade deadline, safe for Z, Pasha, Danny, Kronwall and Nyquist everyone should be available for the right price. It would certainly mean welcome to the rebuild..

Seriously?

You really think that the Bruins would give up their 1st pick AND Dougie Hamilton for a 41 year-old Alfie?

It's one thing to think highly of a player on your favorite teams value. It's another thing to be, well ... wishful (borderline crazy).

41 year old Alfie has 30 points in 37 games. I agree that a 1st and one of those prospects may be a little high asking price but its not like Alfie is not producing. Thats why I was asking what you guys think would be a reasonable deal but you chose to rant and rave about how crazy it is instead.

You know what...just never mind.

End thread.

Well, I'm not ranting and raving ... and you've got to be realistic, or what's the point?

Like the first responder said as well, the Wings are not going to trade Alfie unless he wants out ... which is unlikely given his family.

Well, I'm not ranting and raving ... and you've got to be realistic, or what's the point?

Like the first responder said as well, the Wings are not going to trade Alfie unless he wants out ... which is unlikely given his family.

If circumstances play out i.e. the Wings are out of the playoff race & Alfie absolutely knows this will be his last season, I wouldn't say it's unlikely that he would be willing to go to another team for a few months for a chance at The Cup. It's not like he would have to move his family again if that were to happen. If it did, I don't see the Wings getting a 1st rounder & high level prospect for him. Might be more realistic to think a 2nd or 3rd and a mid-level prospect at best.

Holland woud stand pat, say, "We like our team," and blame it all on our injuries and the move to the Eastern Conference. "Can't make the playoffs every season!" etc.

But I could absolutely see him doing the classy thing for Alfie (i.e. talking to him about it, asking him what he wants, and acting accordingly).

Edited by Dabura

Holland woud stand pat, say, "We like our team," and blame it all on our injuries and the move to the Eastern Conference. "Can't make the playoffs every season!" etc.

But I could absolutely see him doing the classy thing for Alfie (i.e. talking to him about it, asking him what he wants, and acting accordingly).

Agreed, I mean if Alfie has the chance to go to a powerhouse team and play for the cup I'm sure he would do it and it would be well deserved just a great player.

The return should be similar to the Jaromir Jagr to Boston trade.

Dallas got a 2nd rounder and two prospects.

Boston got a 41 year old with 26 points in 34 games.

For the record, I don think it will happen. It could, though, if Alfie asks for it.

As others have said there is no way the B's give up any roster player for Alfie, but to think either Krug or Hamilton would be one of them is crazy, the B's may now be higher on Krug than they are on Hamilton!!

We're making the playoffs. End of story.

This reminds me of all the people last year who were hoping we would miss the playoffs to snag a high draft pick and making some selling trades. "Because we didn't have a chance anyways"

IF we became sellers and IF Alfie wanted to move to win a Cup, I would take Morrow and a 2nd if Boston were to offer that in return.

to BOS : Daniel Alfredsson, Kyle Quincey

to DET : 2nd 2014, 3rd (conditional 2014 or 2015 on whether Boston wins the East) & Joe Morrow.

41 year old Alfie has 30 points in 37 games. I agree that a 1st and one of those prospects may be a little high asking price but its not like Alfie is not producing. Thats why I was asking what you guys think would be a reasonable deal but you chose to rant and rave about how crazy it is instead.

You know what...just never mind.

End thread.

Ignore some of these posters. Some of them can be rude but don't mean to be.

I love how everyone comes in here and berates the OP by saying things like, it'll never happen, get real, he has a NMC, and everything else they can sling at him to attempt to belittle or make fun of him. All while the thread is IF we become sellers, hypothetically if the Wings miss the playoffs, what kind of return would you expect for Alfie. If you don't feel like playing along, then don't leave your negative comment, just don't comment at all...thanks.

oh, and the NMC...Alfie signed here to win a Cup, if the Wings miss the playoffs and a favorite came calling for Alfie's availability, don't think for a minute that he wouldn't waive his clause to get that chance at a Cup. He'd be gone before you could spell Howe...

For me, there's nothing sexy about missing the playoffs and getting a 2nd round pick from Boston for Alfie. That's essentially 50th overall or something.

I'd hope that if Quincey was worth a first even in Holland's demented state, and Gaustad is worth a first, that we could squeeze a first round pick out of some GM if we could work up a bidding war frenzy.

For me, there's nothing sexy about missing the playoffs and getting a 2nd round pick from Boston for Alfie. That's essentially 50th overall or something.

I'd hope that if Quincey was worth a first even in Holland's demented state, and Gaustad is worth a first, that we could squeeze a first round pick out of some GM if we could work up a bidding war frenzy.

It's better than getting nothing and also part of doing the classy thing by providing someone who is on his last legs with an opportunity to win his first Stanley Cup.

It's better than getting nothing and also part of doing the classy thing by providing someone who is on his last legs with an opportunity to win his first Stanley Cup.

I completely agree with this. The Wings are never sellers, but if it came to that, I’d like it to be exciting, from the fan/fantasy angel. But yes, beggars can’t be chosers and you have to do what’s best for Alfie if, god help us, that scenario happens.

I completely agree with this. The Wings are never sellers, but if it came to that, I’d like it to be exciting, from the fan/fantasy angel. But yes, beggars can’t be chosers and you have to do what’s best for Alfie if, god help us, that scenario happens.

I fully agree, but at some point it will happen and personally I wouldn't be too pissed about a rebuild, starting next year (...*cough* McDavid draft :-)