• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#1 robb himself

robb himself

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 12:37 PM

Just for the record, I believe that we will make the playoffs this year.

However the thought occurred to me that it is possible that we finish on the outside looking in, and wondered what we would do with Alfredsson.

Would we trade him to a contender?

What could we get in return for Alfie if worse comes to worse?

To Boston : Daniel Alfredsson

To Detroit : 1st round pick + Krug/Hamilton/Morrow 

What do you guys think?

be about it!

#2 luvmnger

luvmnger

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 12:42 PM

he moves only if he asks for it.

wings wont do that after the relocation adventure.

i could see others moving though.

Dino Ciccarelli will always be #1

#3 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,017 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 01:03 PM

Just for the record, I believe that we will make the playoffs this year.

However the thought occurred to me that it is possible that we finish on the outside looking in, and wondered what we would do with Alfredsson.

Would we trade him to a contender?

What could we get in return for Alfie if worse comes to worse?

To Boston : Daniel Alfredsson

To Detroit : 1st round pick + Krug/Hamilton/Morrow 

What do you guys think?

It would be a 1st + B level propect. Hamilton is going nowhere. Unlikely he is traded due to re-location as stated. 

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#4 stillwater

stillwater

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 01:03 PM

Seriously?

You really think that the Bruins would give up their 1st pick AND Dougie Hamilton for a 41 year-old Alfie?

It's one thing to think highly of a player on your favorite teams value. It's another thing to be, well ... wishful (borderline crazy).

#5 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,384 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 01:19 PM

Seriously?You really think that the Bruins would give up their 1st pick AND Dougie Hamilton for a 41 year-old Alfie?It's one thing to think highly of a player on your favorite teams value. It's another thing to be, well ... wishful (borderline crazy).

Chiarelli isn't Feaster and one of the best in the business, there is no way a first and Krug/Hamilton are traded for an 41 old Alfie.

I say if they are in the outside looking in come trade deadline, safe for Z, Pasha, Danny, Kronwall and Nyquist everyone should be available for the right price. It would certainly mean welcome to the rebuild..

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#6 robb himself

robb himself

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 01:21 PM

Seriously?

You really think that the Bruins would give up their 1st pick AND Dougie Hamilton for a 41 year-old Alfie?

It's one thing to think highly of a player on your favorite teams value. It's another thing to be, well ... wishful (borderline crazy).

41 year old Alfie has 30 points in 37 games.  I agree that a 1st and one of those prospects may be a little high asking price but its not like Alfie is not producing.  Thats why I was asking what you guys think would be a reasonable deal but you chose to rant and rave about how crazy it is instead.

You know what...just never mind.  

End thread.

be about it!

#7 stillwater

stillwater

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 01:29 PM

Well, I'm not ranting and raving ... and you've got to be realistic, or what's the point?

Like the first responder said as well, the Wings are not going to trade Alfie unless he wants out ... which is unlikely given his family.

#8 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

Hall-of-Famer

• HoF Booster
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 01:38 PM

Well, I'm not ranting and raving ... and you've got to be realistic, or what's the point?

Like the first responder said as well, the Wings are not going to trade Alfie unless he wants out ... which is unlikely given his family.

If circumstances play out i.e. the Wings are out of the playoff race & Alfie absolutely knows this will be his last season, I wouldn't say it's unlikely that he would be willing to go to another team for a few months for a chance at The Cup.  It's not like he would have to move his family again if that were to happen.  If it did, I don't see the Wings getting a 1st rounder & high level prospect for him.  Might be more realistic to think a 2nd or 3rd and a mid-level prospect at best.

#9 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,384 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 01:40 PM

If Alfie has the chance to play for a cup contender and they are willing to give up an end first or an early second rounder, Kenny absolutely has to do it. I'd love to see Alfie finally getting his Stanley Cup ring and

kftx.jpg

#10 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,184 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 01:54 PM

Holland woud stand pat, say, "We like our team," and blame it all on our injuries and the move to the Eastern Conference. "Can't make the playoffs every season!" etc.

But I could absolutely see him doing the classy thing for Alfie (i.e. talking to him about it, asking him what he wants, and acting accordingly).

Edited by Dabura, 06 January 2014 - 01:58 PM.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#11 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,384 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 02:00 PM

Holland woud stand pat, say, "We like our team," and blame it all on our injuries and the move to the Eastern Conference. "Can't make the playoffs every season!" etc.

But I could absolutely see him doing the classy thing for Alfie (i.e. talking to him about it, asking him what he wants, and acting accordingly).

Agreed, I mean if Alfie has the chance to go to a powerhouse team and play for the cup I'm sure he would do it and it would be well deserved just a great player.

kftx.jpg

#12 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,999 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 02:00 PM

A 41 year old UFA is not going to get a 1st round + return. Now could we move him? yes. Will we? no.

#13 HelmFan

HelmFan

Rookie

• Pip
  • 150 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 02:05 PM

The return should be similar to the Jaromir Jagr to Boston trade.

Dallas got a 2nd rounder and two prospects.

Boston got a 41 year old with 26 points in 34 games.

For the record, I don think it will happen. It could, though, if Alfie asks for it.

#14 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,420 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:30 PM

As others have said there is no way the B's give up any roster player for Alfie, but to think either Krug or Hamilton would be one of them is crazy, the B's may now be higher on Krug than they are on Hamilton!!

"The more I know about people - the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock

#15 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,944 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:45 PM

We're making the playoffs.  End of story.

This reminds me of all the people last year who were hoping we would miss the playoffs to snag a high draft pick and making some selling trades. "Because we didn't have a chance anyways"

"The leader must never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert."
Vince Lombardi

When asked who won, Babcock said, “Well it doesn’t really matter as long as you don’t lose. It’s like going bear hunting, you take a slow guy with you in case the bear is hungry.”

#16 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:49 PM

IF we became sellers and IF Alfie wanted to move to win a Cup, I would take Morrow and a 2nd if Boston were to offer that in return.

to BOS : Daniel Alfredsson, Kyle Quincey

to DET : 2nd 2014, 3rd (conditional 2014 or 2015 on whether Boston wins the East) & Joe Morrow.

Bring Fedorov Home For A Day!

He Needs To Retire A Red Wing.

When Gordie Leaves Us, the NHL MUST Retire The #9.

#17 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:50 PM

He has a NMC.  Not happening.

#18 stillwater

stillwater

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 04:00 PM

IF:

to BOS: Alfredsson, Zetterberg, Datsyuk

to DET: the Bruins

#19 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,806 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 06:02 PM

41 year old Alfie has 30 points in 37 games.  I agree that a 1st and one of those prospects may be a little high asking price but its not like Alfie is not producing.  Thats why I was asking what you guys think would be a reasonable deal but you chose to rant and rave about how crazy it is instead.

You know what...just never mind.  

End thread.

Ignore some of these posters.  Some of them can be rude but don't mean to be.

#20 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,808 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 06:39 PM

A 41 year old UFA is not going to get a 1st round + return. Now could we move him? yes. Will we? no.

'Evolution' created by Offsides