• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
cnot19

Hypothetical: What Coach Would You Replace Babcock With?

Rate this topic

Absolute pure and fun speculation here, who would you choose to replace babs and why? I was listening to Elliot's Friedman the other day and he said many players despise babs but respect him.

I'd pick Peter laviolette seems like a great personality plus stresses physicality in a real way what say you?

Lol apologies for the title I should also add that it has to be someone available at this point or seasons end I should also add to keep it realistic

Edited by cnot19

Who: Dave Tippett

Why: He's the best coach in hockey.

For some reason I was going to object, but then I realized I was thinking of Alain Vigneault and not Dave Tippett.

Although I think Hitchcock deserves consideration as well.

While i do like dave tippet i don't agree he is the best coach in hockey.

I mean, I can't objectively back it up. There are guys with more wins, guys with more Cups, guys with loads of international accolades. But nobody has won as often as Tippett with less talent than Tippett. That, to me, is the best in the biz.

For some reason I was going to object, but then I realized I was thinking of Alain Vigneault and not Dave Tippett.

Although I think Hitchcock deserves consideration as well.

Can't argue there. Hitch is a real good coach.

omg, mini heart attack... don't do that to me. I can not even imagine anyone else leading the wings right now. Players despised but respected bowman too, Babs is a great coach, despite what many around here believe

I would rather be respected in my career than loved.

"You hated him for 364 days a year. And on the 365th day you collected your Stanley Cup rings."

The title was misleading, the first thing I thought when reading it was "Babcock got fired?". I edited it to better reflect the topic of the thread.

Anyway, i'd pull Scotty Bowman out of retirement and make him coach again. Best to ever do it.

I highly doubt he would ever do that, unfortunately

1. He probably doesn't want/need that kind of stress anymore, and probably can't handdle it

2. He is enjoying his sons success in Chicago

3. once again, Chicago...

After seeing what Jon Cooper has done with the Lightning, and before that dominating in the AHL, I'm going to go with Blashill. He's very Babs like but I get the vibe players like him more and he's had success everywhere he's gone. That's the kind of guy I'd like to see coach the Wings if Babs should leave.