Not surprising

#2 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,279 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 03:32 PM

Shocked!

"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#3 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

http://redwingsandotherthings.wordpress.com/

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 03:51 PM

shockedCat_1.jpg

The shocking thing will be if he's actually claimed.

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!

#4 uk_redwing

uk_redwing

#25 Jamie Tardif

• Gold Booster
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 03:58 PM

Forgot he was still up with the Wings.

Posted Image
Turtling is for the weak
Grand Rapids Griffins Fights

#5 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,174 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 03:59 PM

It's getting harder to remember who is up and who is in Grand Rapids. I thought Emmerton was in GR already

#6 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,085 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 04:03 PM

Does this mean Pav is about to come back?

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#7 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 04:06 PM

No, it means Emmerton's hand is better.  He was on IR.

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!

#8 stillwater

stillwater

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 04:49 PM

The Wings will really miss his ability to ... wait, I'll think of something sooner or later.
  • Nev likes this

#9 joshy207

joshy207

Black Ace

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,467 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 05:23 PM

...to be called Cory?

#10 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,035 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 05:26 PM

...to be called Cory?

Something we're sorely lacking now.

GOOD JOB HOLLAND

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#11 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,945 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 05:36 PM

...to be called Cory Emdog?

Fixed  :lol:

#12 stillwater

stillwater

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 06:03 PM

There was that one time when he ... nope, that was someone else.

#13 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,937 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 06:17 PM

The kid was serviceable.  I don't remember him doing anything bad or good, but he was there when we needed a 4th line center. 

If he gets picked up, I wish him well.  If not, it's good to have an extra in the fold.

#14 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 06:18 PM

His mediocrity at virtually everything will be hard to replace. He's like a hockey version of Shane Halter.

#15 stillwater

stillwater

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 06:20 PM

The Axe would certainly be devastated.

#16 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,937 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 06:52 PM

The Axe would certainly be devastated.

He was waived too.  Maybe they'll be picked up by the same message board and live happily etherafter.

Seriously, for all the crap Emdog got, he wasn't all that bad.  I was actually relieved when he got called up this year because it was someone who already knew the system and the players.  He fit right in without having to go through freshman jitters.  Good call up, just not good enough to be here all the time.

#17 Wingsfan72

Wingsfan72

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 06:58 PM

A lot of dicks on this forum. Kid played his role and didn't ***** when he was yo-yo'ed back and forth with the minors. He might not be the most amazing player by any stretch of the imagination, but at least he shows up, shuts up and does his job.

I'm more appreciative of what he's done for this team, as little as it may be, than I am of what Cleary and Sammy have done this season (which is even less).

But, then again, he doesn't score 20 goals with 5 minutes of ice time, so he's a mediocre piece of garbage....who makes league minimum I might add, not 1.7M or 3M.

If I die tell my wife I said, "Hello".

#18 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 08:12 PM

A lot of dicks on this forum. Kid played his role and didn't ***** when he was yo-yo'ed back and forth with the minors. He might not be the most amazing player by any stretch of the imagination, but at least he shows up, shuts up and does his job.
I'm more appreciative of what he's done for this team, as little as it may be, than I am of what Cleary and Sammy have done this season (which is even less).
But, then again, he doesn't score 20 goals with 5 minutes of ice time, so he's a mediocre piece of garbage....who makes league minimum I might add, not 1.7M or 3M.

So telling the truth about his abilities is being a dick? He doesn't complain about his role. OK. Does that make him a better player?

#19 stillwater

stillwater

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 08:18 PM

I'm pretty certain most here are more appreciative of Emmerton's contributions over that of Cleary's and Sammy's. Doesn't really change much of anything.

#20 barabbas16

barabbas16

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 08:29 PM

So telling the truth about his abilities is being a ****? He doesn't complain about his role. OK. Does that make him a better player?

Let's take a look at your previous post, then....

His mediocrity at virtually everything will be hard to replace. He's like a hockey version of Shane Halter.

...would we say that that is more along the lines of you 'telling the truth'? OR 'being a dick'?