Photo
- - - - -

What's wrong with Pasha? (Mod warning post #57)

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#41 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:55 AM

So what if Russia doesn't win the gold medal and Datsyuk suffers a long term injury because of it? A torn ACL and is out for a year?   You'll pay him out of your pocket?

Franzen is doing the right thing and sitting out and getting himself healthy for the Red Wings, not risking his health for Team Sweden.

Franzen isnt sitting out because he wants to get himself healthy for the Wings. Hes sitting out because hes not healthy enough to play the sport altogether. My opinion is the reason Franzen came back to early was because he wanted to get games in before the Olympics. If Dats went out and suffered a worse injury in the Olympics and won no medals Id say bad luck Dats but at-least you experienced something so few people in history get to. Him being healthy is not the difference between a Cup and no Cup. This team is not a contender. Sure they might squeek into the playoffs and upset someone in round one but they are not a contender to go deep.

And he sure as hell can tell the Wings to shove it. Ask the Devils how being in a union and under contract kept Kovalchuk from doing the same to them. 

Edited by GoalieManPat, 03 February 2014 - 06:56 AM.

#42 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 07:09 AM

Kovalchuk retired from the Devils and left the money behind and in the process gave the Devils a big break financially. He didn't say he was too hurt to play for the Devils. Datsyuk is expecting to continue to be paid by the Red Wings that he's too hurt to play for but isn't too hurt to play for Russia. He's also putting his future at risk.  Totally different thing.  Datsyuk isn't healthy enough to play the sport either.  If he was, he'd be playing.  Or at least he should be playing and not thinking about the Olympics.  If he wants to be in Russia so much, there's the door.  I want players who want to play for the Red Wings, not players who are phoning it in and worried about playing for other teams.  Datsyuk is being selfish, pure and simple.

#43 PierreC

PierreC

Jr. Prospect

• 22 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:56 AM

How come the coach doesnt ask Pavel about how he feels, what are his intentions ?

."Hey Pav..whats Up ? Hows the body ? Ready any time soon ?...you want to go have a drink and talk about it ?"

How come its so hard for the coach to know about it ? Cant they talk ??

Unless the coach knows about it and plays game with us like he does so frequently....

#44 RedWang

RedWang

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:08 AM

I think babs just lies and says he doesnt know everytime because its not his place to say.

Cmon, hes the coach, ofcourse he knows whats wrong.

#45 DannyD

DannyD

Rookie

• Pip
  • 191 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:14 AM

Khan said last night it's an unspecified knee injury. My best guess would be some sort of MCL/ACL sprain.  A grade 1 MCL sprain has a typical recovery time of 4-6 weeks. Which would put Pasha back right before the Olympics if thats what it is. Just a guess.

http://www.mlive.com...or_red_win.html

Babcock had no update on Pavel Datsyuk, who has missed 13 games with an unspecified knee injury.

“I just watched him in practice; his one leg isn’t holding up,” Babcock said. “Obviously, Pavel wants to play for his country and he wants to be a part of things, but you got to be healthy."

#46 PierreC

PierreC

Jr. Prospect

• 22 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 11:15 AM

still..he knows cause he can see him...bu they don't communicate. Strange

#47 stillwater

stillwater

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 11:19 AM

still..he knows cause he can see him...bu they don't communicate. Strange

I'm relatively certain that Babcock the coach and Datsyuk the player communicate. If they didn't one of them would no longer be part of the Red Wings.

What they seemingly don't do is communicate through the press.

#48 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,478 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 01:02 PM

FWIW:

http://kuklaskorner....-play-this-week

“I’m not thinking about over there now,” Datsyuk added. “I’m thinking about coming back to our team and helping our team.”...

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#49 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,526 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 02:30 PM

@dchesnokov: Mike Babcock doesn't know if Pavel Datsyuk will play this week, or in Sochi at all. #RedWings #Sochi2014 http://t.co/y7SZAojj7Z

I feel bad. I want Pav healthy for the Wings above all else, but this may be his last opportunity to play for his country--as a captain no less. Sucks all around :(

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

Just look at how he hangs his sunglasses from his banana hammock in that last pic.  This guyf****** rules. --kipwinger

#50 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,776 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 02:35 PM

I just want there to be some damn transparency. It's been a day-to-day lower body since Jan. 1st. That's over a month ago. This is on the level of long term IR timeframes, not day to day. 

Why not just say what the injury is? 

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#51 jimmyemeryhunter

jimmyemeryhunter

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,963 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 02:50 PM

I just want there to be some damn transparency. It's been a day-to-day lower body since Jan. 1st. That's over a month ago. This is on the level of long term IR timeframes, not day to day. 

Why not just say what the injury is? 

So teams cant target it once he gets back.

#52 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 02:58 PM

The other day during a broadcast they brought up that ovi was receiving calls from high officials and they were applying pressure on their performance. Hosting the winter Olympics means a lot to them and they don't want to dissapoint their home by getting anything less than gold. I can only imagine pasha is receiving the same pressure if not more because he's the captain and currently injured. I really just want to have him back healthy regardless

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#53 troubadour

troubadour

Prospect

• 49 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 03:48 PM

How about this conspiracy theory:

Pavel is injured and cannot play for the Wings yet. He has been rehabbing his injury, with a timeline that happens to clear him around the start of the Olympics, and it has nothing to do with not wanting to play for the Wings.

See? That wasn't so hard.

#54 BadgerBob

BadgerBob

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 03:51 PM

Kovalchuk retired from the Devils and left the money behind and in the process gave the Devils a big break financially. He didn't say he was too hurt to play for the Devils.

Kovalchuk definitely didn't leave any money behind. He's making more per season over there than he would over here without a doubt.

• ami likes this

#55 KATIEBARTHEDOOR24

KATIEBARTHEDOOR24

Love slave to the system

• PipPipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 04:01 PM

For those naysayers. If it where the playoffs... He would be playing.
KOHARSKI, HAVE ANOTHER DONUT, YOU FAT PIG
"Statistics are for losers, unless they are good ones."- Mickey Redman
"Good... Bad... I'm the guy with the gun."- Ash
"Stay thirsty my friends."- The Most Interesting Man In The World

#56 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,631 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 04:11 PM

For those naysayers. If it where the playoffs... He would be playing.

I don't know -- seems like this injury is pretty serious. Aren't games for the Red Wings right now essentially the playoffs anyways?

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#57 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,248 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 05:01 PM

For the last time, keep the posts on topic and not about each other.

Anyone commenting on someone else's level of fandom or loyalty to the Wings is getting suspended.

#58 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,390 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 05:18 PM

I just want him to get well soon and even if he is holding back in order to  be ready for the olympics so what?

The guy has given fans and especially this organization so much joy, he now has a once in a lifetime opportunity = captain your national hockeyteam in the olympics in your fatherland !

All I know is, I will enjoy watching him showing off his magic on the big ice. All the best Pasha

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#59 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:01 PM

http://www.mlive.com...or_red_win.html

Babcock had no update on Pavel Datsyuk, who has missed 13 games with an unspecified knee injury.

“I just watched him in practice; his one leg isn’t holding up,” Babcock said. “Obviously, Pavel wants to play for his country and he wants to be a part of things, but you got to be healthy."

Babs also could have ulterior motives here. Lobbying for Pav not to be in Sochi increases his chances at a Gold medal. 

#60 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,832 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 07:30 PM

I just want him to get well soon and even if he is holding back in order to  be ready for the olympics so what?

The guy has given fans and especially this organization so much joy, he now has a once in a lifetime opportunity = captain your national hockeyteam in the olympics in your fatherland !

All I know is, I will enjoy watching him showing off his magic on the big ice. All the best Pasha

This. Sometimes fans get a little bit too greedy. I'm just happy he's around another 3 years.