• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
LAWings

Very Chris Very, Very Osgood...very

Rate this topic

It could be worse, he could have a hidden repetitious word that he uses in every sentence, including "like, um, ah, but" or "you know".

He could be like reporting something and then like says something over and over that like he doesn't notice. Once you realize he's saying it like over and over you like can't unhear it.

As he's new to the field stuff like this he'll receive constructive criticism about and he'll get a bit more comfortable over time. I can't imagine how difficult a job like that is.

Could make a solid drinking game of out if, drink every time Osgood says "very" during a broadcast.

It could be worse, he could have a hidden repetitious word that he uses in every sentence, including "like, um, ah, but" or "you know".

He could be like reporting something and then like says something over and over that like he doesn't notice. Once you realize he's saying it like over and over you like can't unhear it.

As he's new to the field stuff like this he'll receive constructive criticism about and he'll get a bit more comfortable over time. I can't imagine how difficult a job like that is.

Could make a solid drinking game of out if, drink every time Osgood says "very" during a broadcast. We would die from alcohol poisoning in the first period.

I like how you like, used the word like in that sentence. Here's one that's similar to 'like' you'll read all the time in player interviews, "kind of". They always just 'kind of' do something, "I was skating hard towards the net and then I just kind of fell back after being knocked over". No. You either did or did not do that...no kind of. Although not as bad as basketball with the 'you know what I'm sayings'.

Pretty much all hockey players have the same lines. "We just have to play our game..." Ozzie was far more eloquent and funny as a player because there was no pressure to be coherent in interviews. Now he's on the hot seat to make cogent observations and be informative. Much harder than it looks, no doubt.

Ozzie will be OK. But he will never, ever be another Mickey Redmond.

Nor will anyone else, to be fair. ;)

In the game against Toronto the other day, in the first break to him and Darren, when it came time for Chris to speak, he said very 5 times in the first 4 sentences, with two very, verys... I just stopped watching and walked away... very, very fast...

Edited by LAWings

Guest DeGraa55

He seemed more relaxed and better tonight. Normally he is so idk what's the word. Maybe monotone. And has a deathly stare directly at camera and doesn't move his line of sight at all.

Whereas tonight he just seemed more relaxed and much better.

But before even with his negatives I like what he brings he is very intelligent and knows hockey.

I do wish we had a position players perspective though. All we got is goalies it seems and of course Mickey!

He's a great commentator. The problem is he has a lot of last-minute very's compared to other commentators, and don't get me started on his very bad-passes. Probably bottom five in that stat for all commentators league-wide.

Last minute bad pass commentating stats are crucial for any very commentator very good.

I think it's cute how much of a homer he is. There was a deflection last night and it went in the goalies chest. No biggie. Ozzie is like, "Lucky break there for Buffalo". When Nyquist gets hit "That's the only way you can stop him." When Datsyuk scores "He never misses a goal from there". I love Oz, I think he will learn to tone it down a bit

Edited by themcityblues

I think Osgood's improving in general. Last year was definitely a "learning experience" to be generous for him, but he's been better this year in general. It's nice having him around. Tough to beat Mickey on the play by play, but he won't be around forever. I really wish Murphy was still around with Osgood. I kinda get the feeling that those two together would be a lot of fun. Murph would help loosen Osgood up, and Osgood can be a real funny guy when he's comfortable.

Given his sense of humor, sometimes I wish he would just sit back, crack jokes and make sarcastic remarks over the course of the game

Given his sense of humor, sometimes I wish he would just sit back, crack jokes and make sarcastic remarks over the course of the game

I agree. He was as boring as that game was last night.