• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

BBD10

Canadians may be shopping Subban...

Rate this topic

What do you guys think about this:

Quincey, Jurco, 1st and 3rd pick

Subban

I believe that that would be fair for both sides and would give us a star young defenseman that would fill the "top 4" role. Sounds like him and Therein are not getting along.

No. No. No.....no

We don't need Subban or his attitude, he wouldn't be a good fit, he's a player that comes above the team not the other way around. Babs would hate him...probably why he didn't see any ice time on Team Canada. If Subban was that awesome, Babs would have played him then.

There's a reason he gets regularily benched at the end of the game when Montreal is in the lead. He's absolutely not the answer we are looking for on defense.

I also think they got it wrong that he was the best defenseman last year.

Don't get me wrong, Subban is awesome. But we don't need a #1 d-man, we've got one. We need a #3-4 d-man to play with Dekeyser and that ain't Subban. I'll take Erhoff and keep the assets personally.

As much as I love Kronwall he is more of a number 2 defenceman, Lidstrom was the number one guy and Kronwall isn't quite their. But whatever that's not important.

As far as Subban no way is he getting traded for a couple reasons:

1. Too high of a price tag I don't think there is a team that would match it.

2. With that high a price tag teams still don't know what type of player he is. He has massive potential but will he ever reach it?

And lastly I'd rather have Edler then Subban, too many unknowns with P.K.

Edited by wings87

As much as I love Kronwall he is more of a number 2 defenceman, Lidstrom was the number one guy and Kronwall isn't quite their but close.

*twitch*

*twitchtwitch*

If Lids is your bar for a number one defenseman, NO ONE IN THE NHL HAS A NUMBER ONE.

There are not 29 defensemen better than Niklas Kronwall. Hell, there aren't 15 defensemen currently playing in the NHL that are better than Kronwall. He is a number 1. He is not an elite, hall of fame defenseman. Nor are every other team's save for a few.

On the topic of PK, I would love to have him, but not for the price we would pay. He's not "the answer," though his skill set is the boobs. I also agree with others that I don't think he would be able to be coached well by Babs.

*twitch*

*twitchtwitch*

If Lids is your bar for a number one defenseman, NO ONE IN THE NHL HAS A NUMBER ONE.

There are not 29 defensemen better than Niklas Kronwall. Hell, there aren't 15 defensemen currently playing in the NHL that are better than Kronwall. He is a number 1. He is not an elite, hall of fame defenseman. Nor are every other team's save for a few.

On the topic of PK, I would love to have him, but not for the price we would pay. He's not "the answer," though his skill set is the boobs. I also agree with others that I don't think he would be able to be coached well by Babs.

Nah Lidstrom is not the bar he's the gold standard, I just don't think Kronwall is a number one defenceman (in the pure sense of the word, but he's our number one) but he's really close.

It's like baseball there are a small amount of true aces and just because a pitcher is a number one on his team doesn't make him an ace.

Anyway not to derail the thread let's move on.

*twitch*

*twitchtwitch*

Nah Lidstrom is not the bar he's the gold standard, I just don't think Kronwall is a number one defenceman (in the pure sense of the word, but he's our number one) but he's really close.

It's like baseball there are a small amount of true aces and just because a pitcher is a number one on his team doesn't make him an ace.

Anyway not to derail the thread let's move on.

There are only a handful of elite guys. Then there are some #1 guys. Kronwall is in the second category. Don't confuse elite with #1.

NBA attitude, arrogant, agitator not defensively responsible and will command way too much money. if Pietrangelo isn't getting close to 7 Million neither should he, I think the Canadiens offered him a great deal.

There is a reason why every coach is having some difficult times with him, the kid has some serious growing up to do, same goes for that Eller kid. People joking about Karlsoon "only a fourth forward" Subban is basically the same BUT with all the mentioned attitude problems.

Edited by frankgrimes

There are only a handful of elite guys. Then there are some #1 guys. Kronwall is in the second category. Don't confuse elite with #1.

I'm not confusing the two. Kronwall is a tremendous player and our number 1 guy, so lets leave it at that.

I apologize ... I can't tell if that's sarcasm or not.

No sarcasm, the guy has massive potential; but the question is whether he is too selfish to ever realize it.

I think the Canadiens offered him a great deal.

Got a link to the offer?

So Subban 'may' be something special?

Perhaps we don't a like minded idea of what 'special' is. He's already won a Norris trophy. I think he's already pretty special.

Edited by stillwater

Got a link to the offer?

Perhaps we don't a like minded idea of what 'special' is. He's already won a Norris trophy. I think he's already pretty special.

He goes in and out, not stable at all, takes too many selfish penalties, and is invisible at times. Like I said massive potential but doesn't show it every game. He is a good player but has potential to be great.

Edited by wings87

Got a link to the offer?

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/nhl-trades/nhl-trade-rumours-latest-buzz-ahead-of-2014-nhl-trade-deadline-maple-leafs-oilers-canadiens-sabres-flames-canucks-panthers-islanders/

Don't know if its true or not but at least that's the source.

NBA attitude, arrogant, agitator not defensively responsible and will command way too much money. if Pietrangelo isn't getting close to 7 Million neither should he, I think the Canadiens offered him a great deal.

There is a reason why every coach is having some difficult times with him, the kid has some serious growing up to do, same goes for that Eller kid. People joking about Karlsoon "only a fourth forward" Subban is basically the same BUT with all the mentioned attitude problems.

NBA attitude? Does Ovechkin have an NBA attitude? What about Tatar?

He's got swagger but from what I've seen of him on 24CH he actually seems like a fairly humble guy. He's just mouthy in the way guys like Hull and Roenick were.

And every coach has had problems with him? He and Therrien have had issues, but many have also questioned Therrien's handling of the young player. He's shown some terrible decision making on the ice at times, but he's an extremely talented D-man who is young and still developing his game under the microscope in Montreal.

I've never been a huge Subban fan but if a player like that can be had for a good deal with the Wings, absolutely I'd want him on the blueline. He's a game changer. The Wings don't have many of those anymore. I can't imagine Montreal would ever let him go though.

NBA attitude? Does Ovechkin have an NBA attitude? What about Tatar?

He's got swagger but from what I've seen of him on 24CH he actually seems like a fairly humble guy. He's just mouthy in the way guys like Hull and Roenick were.

And every coach has had problems with him? He and Therrien have had issues, but many have also questioned Therrien's handling of the young player. He's shown some terrible decision making on the ice at times, but he's an extremely talented D-man who is young and still developing his game under the microscope in Montreal.

I've never been a huge Subban fan but if a player like that can be had for a good deal with the Wings, absolutely I'd want him on the blueline. He's a game changer. The Wings don't have many of those anymore. I can't imagine Montreal would ever let him go though.

Ovechkin to me has more a soccer attitude --> over the top celebrations, golden shoe laces and all that stuff

Under their old coach he had fights with his own team-mates, is still acting like the world surrounds him and just comes off as a cocky kid. I don't know but despite guys like Price, Briere, Prust, Parros and Murray the Habs really don't have a lot of likeable lowkey guys it seems for whatever reason.

To be honest I'd rather have Ehrhoff i have never heard a bad word about him, always the opposite great teammate, low maintenance and working extremely hard.