54 replies to this topic

#1 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 12:32 PM

Per Kahn
"@AnsarKhanMLive: Bertuzzi is out for tomorrow with lower body injury. Day to day. Tootoo recalled, Holland said."

#2 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,853 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 12:43 PM

He'll provide energy but no offense.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#3 TheDetroitRedWings

TheDetroitRedWings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 12:47 PM

Not that it'll matter much with Babcock. Surely he will be played 6-7 min tops. But it is nice to see him get called up.

12041887825_d4b1d5c02f_o.jpg

#4 wings4thecup06

wings4thecup06

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 905 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 12:53 PM

I don't know, with a guy like him it's possible to make an impact with 6-7 minutes ice time. IMO Pulkkinen made a positive impact last night, and he only played 7:36….

temp 1

#5 nawein

nawein

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 01:05 PM

It seems like energy is exactly what this team has been lacking lately. Plus it's not like the guy he's replacing brought a whole lot of offense either. So all in all this might be an upgrade to our roster.

#6 wingfan1991

wingfan1991

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 01:06 PM

yes much needed .. even though hawks are gonna mop the floor with us in the madhouse (f***ers) at least we will see tootoo running around! 

#7 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,853 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 01:10 PM

It seems like energy is exactly what this team has been lacking lately. Plus it's not like the guy he's replacing brought a whole lot of offense either. So all in all this might be an upgrade to our roster.

But with Bert there there's a possible he can score, Toots won't score at all. Energy is nice but like other posters said 6-7 min a game won't be enough to provide an impact for a player like Tootoo. Plus I don't think Babs will play him for then 5 min anyway. 

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#8 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,923 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 01:14 PM

Is Tootoo coming up for a fourth line role, or is a going to be a big body for the top six?

#9 nawein

nawein

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 01:15 PM

But with Bert there there's a possible he can score, Toots won't score at all. Energy is nice but like other posters said 6-7 min a game won't be enough to provide an impact for a player like Tootoo. Plus I don't think Babs will play him for then 5 min anyway. 

Yeah he's not going to score, but he seems to provide a good amount of energy every time he hits the ice. So if he can bring it and give us energy every ten minutes I think 6 minutes would be more than enough. Not a huge impact, but it could be the difference in the kids compete level for some other shifts and if it does that I would say it's a bigger impact than Bert's had lately. As long as he doesn't cost us a goal I think he'll help.

#10 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,641 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 01:17 PM

Is Tootoo coming up for a fourth line role, or is a going to be a big body for the top six?

Top 6 seems to be set - Nyquist-Legwand-Mule, Tatar-Sheahan-Abdelkader

#11 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,940 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 01:17 PM

Poor Bert, guys got no confidence left whatsoever. Gets a break away and immediately looks to dump back to a trailer every time...etc etc.

Toots is more likely to score at this point simply because he goes for it and sooner or later will get a bounce in (where's Cleary's ass when you need it?).

#12 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 01:36 PM

Tootoo always manages to put 2-3 shots on goal.

Posted Image

#13 Wheelchairsuperhero

Wheelchairsuperhero

Wizard

• PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 01:56 PM

Tootoo always manages to put 2-3 shots on goal.

This. He always seems to generate chances. I also think his passing is slightly underrated. I think we can all agree that he's always noticeable at least.

#14 wings4thecup06

wings4thecup06

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 905 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 01:58 PM

Yea and I think every time I"ve seen him out there on the ice, he's always full of energy and got a ton of jump. We could use that, and especially a big hit or two to make the Hawks D think about it when they've got the puck in their own end. 

temp 1

#15 WingsallTheway

WingsallTheway

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 02:08 PM

Is there really that possibility though? He makes everyone on his line irrelevant

wingsalltheway.jpg

Pavel datsyuk is the best player in the world because he snatches the puck from unsuspecting players and  follows it up by the simultaneous undressing of the defence pairing.  The end result is a calm skate back to his bench  where he can bask in the praise of his multiple girlfriends from the motherland.

#16 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,853 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 02:13 PM

Is there really that possibility though? He makes everyone on his line irrelevant

The reason he doesn't score anymore is because he doesn't have a passing center, when he played with Pav earlier in the year he was actually doing pretty good. Bert might be slow but he's still got great hands, he just needs someone to get him the puck since he can't get the puck himself anymore.

My point is not that losing Bert is a tremendous loss, it's just that having Toots in the lineup is also not a tremendous gain.

Edited by wings87, 15 March 2014 - 02:15 PM.

#17 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,923 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 02:25 PM

Top 6 seems to be set - Nyquist-Legwand-Mule, Tatar-Sheahan-Abdelkader

Was Bert on the third line?

#18 Wings_Toledo

Wings_Toledo

Seeing Red

• PipPipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 02:39 PM

I like that Tootoo is getting a chance to play, but this lineup with all of these injuries is an absolute joke.  It's just a shame when you think about where the Wings might be in the standings if the top guys stayed healthy for most of the year.

#19 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,626 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 02:46 PM

...which is one more thing than Bertuzzi provides...

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#20 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,742 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 02:57 PM

The reason he doesn't score anymore is because he doesn't have a passing center, when he played with Pav earlier in the year he was actually doing pretty good. Bert might be slow but he's still got great hands, he just needs someone to get him the puck since he can't get the puck himself anymore.

My point is not that losing Bert is a tremendous loss, it's just that having Toots in the lineup is also not a tremendous gain.

The reason he can't score is because he's 40 years old and is probably distracted by this prolonged Steve Moore business.  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.