• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
beachwing

Finally-TooToo called up

Rate this topic

It seems like energy is exactly what this team has been lacking lately. Plus it's not like the guy he's replacing brought a whole lot of offense either. So all in all this might be an upgrade to our roster.

But with Bert there there's a possible he can score, Toots won't score at all. Energy is nice but like other posters said 6-7 min a game won't be enough to provide an impact for a player like Tootoo. Plus I don't think Babs will play him for then 5 min anyway.

But with Bert there there's a possible he can score, Toots won't score at all. Energy is nice but like other posters said 6-7 min a game won't be enough to provide an impact for a player like Tootoo. Plus I don't think Babs will play him for then 5 min anyway.

Yeah he's not going to score, but he seems to provide a good amount of energy every time he hits the ice. So if he can bring it and give us energy every ten minutes I think 6 minutes would be more than enough. Not a huge impact, but it could be the difference in the kids compete level for some other shifts and if it does that I would say it's a bigger impact than Bert's had lately. As long as he doesn't cost us a goal I think he'll help.

Poor Bert, guys got no confidence left whatsoever. Gets a break away and immediately looks to dump back to a trailer every time...etc etc.

Toots is more likely to score at this point simply because he goes for it and sooner or later will get a bounce in (where's Cleary's ass when you need it?).

Yea and I think every time I"ve seen him out there on the ice, he's always full of energy and got a ton of jump. We could use that, and especially a big hit or two to make the Hawks D think about it when they've got the puck in their own end.

Is there really that possibility though? He makes everyone on his line irrelevant

Is there really that possibility though? He makes everyone on his line irrelevant

The reason he doesn't score anymore is because he doesn't have a passing center, when he played with Pav earlier in the year he was actually doing pretty good. Bert might be slow but he's still got great hands, he just needs someone to get him the puck since he can't get the puck himself anymore.

My point is not that losing Bert is a tremendous loss, it's just that having Toots in the lineup is also not a tremendous gain.

Edited by wings87

I like that Tootoo is getting a chance to play, but this lineup with all of these injuries is an absolute joke. It's just a shame when you think about where the Wings might be in the standings if the top guys stayed healthy for most of the year.

The reason he doesn't score anymore is because he doesn't have a passing center, when he played with Pav earlier in the year he was actually doing pretty good. Bert might be slow but he's still got great hands, he just needs someone to get him the puck since he can't get the puck himself anymore.

My point is not that losing Bert is a tremendous loss, it's just that having Toots in the lineup is also not a tremendous gain.

The reason he can't score is because he's 40 years old and is probably distracted by this prolonged Steve Moore business.

May as well use him if he's available, I agree with this decision. While I don't think he should be an every day player, I thought he should have played more than he has this season. He's not a bad player, I don't know why he has been overlooked so much.

Finally ... a worthwhile injury. Can't stand Bertuzzi mailing it in, s***ty effort, turnovers, horrible plus-minus, no hitting, nothing to show on the board, and still skates in on goalies like he is playing ball hockey. Anyone from the Griffins is worth a look before this guy. I'd take ******gulp****** Samuelsson in the lineup over Bertuzzi. I can't wait to see him walk away this summer. Good riddance!!!!!!!!!!!!

May as well use him if he's available, I agree with this decision. While I don't think he should be an every day player, I thought he should have played more than he has this season. He's not a bad player, I don't know why he has been overlooked so much.

Not sure either. I like what he brings to the table and we could definitely use some of it right now. I actually forgot that we still had him for a while there. I do think if we fall out of the race though he'll go back down and we'll bring up Callahan just to see if he can compete at the NHL level. Which is unfortunate for Toots. He seems like a good guy and at least deserves a shot to play in the show to prove he can still play and hopefully earn himself a contract for next season (I think we'll buy him out).

Oh, please let him be playing in Minneapolis!

I have to agree with GMR. Nothing like an impending court date to take your mind off work. Bert has seen his better days. He's not as bad as some people make him out to be, but we've seen from the Kid Line what an infusion of enthusiasm can do for a team.

With Bert out, Tootoo provides the snarl factor that Bert has been providing by default. It's been a long, hard season with all the injuries. Maybe a fresh body and pumped up attitude is what we need.