• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 WingsAlways

WingsAlways

Grind Line 2.0

• PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 02:44 PM

I apologize if this has been posted already, I came across it in my news feed and thought I'd share.

I didn't really expect him to return, this makes the Legwand acquisition seem a bit more legit. 

“He’s not on the horizon to come back,” Detroit GM Ken Holland said, per the Macomb Daily. “I was just in there talking to Steve, talking to our trainers, everybody is a little bit frustrated because we obviously thought he would be back by now, actually a long time ago."

Full Article:

http://bleacherrepor...troit-red-wings

"Wow Chicago, you've won four Stanley Cups? Me too! - Kris Draper"

#2 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,095 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 02:51 PM

it was posted in the injury thread, disappointing. Hopefuly he takes it slow, gets back into shape over the summer and comes out flying next year

#3 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 02:55 PM

Actually, I take this as good news.  I didn't want a guy who has been out for the better part of 2 years to be finding his legs and learning about new team mates when we're fighting for a playoff spot and hopefully during the playoffs.  Making room for Datsyuk, okay, Weiss, not so much.  Legwand has picked it up the past few games too, so that made Weiss even more irrelevant.

#4 WingsAlways

WingsAlways

Grind Line 2.0

• PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 02:56 PM

What is going to become of him? Buyout perhaps? 

#5 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,877 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 03:02 PM

Weiss...  Gosh, the name rings a bell...

He's not the one of the injured that will make or break things for us.  Let him get better and start fresh next year.  Then we'll have a chance to see him in a full season without injury and decide whether or not he's a bust.

In the meantime, LTIR is acceptable.

#6 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 03:04 PM

What a f***en disaster he's been

it was posted in the injury thread, disappointing. Hopefuly he takes it slow, gets back into shape over the summer and comes out flying next year

Any chance there's something wrong with him mentally? On the quote it said holland expected him back along time ago actually .... Makes me wonder with the awful season he had to start with us and last year maybe he's just quitting and doesn't wanna return this year

#7 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,039 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 03:06 PM

What is going to become of him? Buyout perhaps? 

Don't think he can be bought out this season - certainly not a compliance buy out.

And according to capgeek, the numbers regarding the cap hit are wayyyyyyyyy better if we buy him out after 2 seasons.

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#8 brett

brett

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 03:09 PM

itll be like getting a whole new player all over again next season

#9 WingsAlways

WingsAlways

Grind Line 2.0

• PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 03:17 PM

What a f***en disaster he's been

Any chance there's something wrong with him mentally? On the quote it said holland expected him back along time ago actually .... Makes me wonder with the awful season he had to start with us and last year maybe he's just quitting and doesn't wanna return this year

Perhaps the same deal Franzen went through? Hockey is constant wear and tear on the body and mind, I used to play in beer leagues. I can't begin to imagine playing at a pro level.

#10 deltawing

deltawing

GO RED WINGS!

• Gold Booster
  • 152 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 03:42 PM

itll be like getting a whole new player all over again next season

He'll be our offseason acquisition.

Sergeant Rathbun - USMC
Operation Iraqi Freedom 05-07 Oct 06 - Apr 07
http://www.last.fm/user/deltawing12

#11 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,743 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 05:37 PM

What a great signing this has been, he played like BS when healthy and after that he is injured all the time. That's exactly why I didn't want this guy here he came back after almost missing half a seaon last year and now he is AGAIN missing 50 ~ games.  With 30+ Weiss has some serious offseason work to do if he wants to get back into hockeyshape and hopefully contribute something positive to our line-up.

Desasterous signing so far I'd take Clarkson over him at least the guy can stay fairly healthy..

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#12 gcom007

gcom007

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,065 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 05:44 PM

This is starting to feel like Uwe Krupp Part II...

-Elliot...does not panic.

#13 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,692 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 05:45 PM

I don't want Weiss coming into the lineup out of shape and without any chemistry. The last thing we need is to move a guy like Glendening or Jurco out of the lineup to put in a player with zero game shape or chemistry. We can re-assess this situation in the offseason. If Jurco continues to shine through the regular season (and maybe playoffs hopefully we make it) then I can see Weiss as a buyout candidate - we would have to bite the bullet on the buyout cap hit. Re-sign legwand who has fit fairly well into our lineup and stayed healthy. 

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#14 Mitchmac33

Mitchmac33

Come on son!

• PipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 05:46 PM

I think it's time to retire #90, but not to the rafters.

#15 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,692 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 05:46 PM

Only way I see Weiss in the lineup is if it is between Bert and him in the scenario where we go down with injuries.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#16 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 05:54 PM

I think it's time to retire #90, but not to the rafters.

I swear the number is cursed lol I think he should change his number in the off season.

#17 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,447 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 06:08 PM

I am sorry Weiss was never a Wing, really.  I would much rather have him sit out the rest of the season, including the playoffs, since he's really never played with the current roster.  Visions of Hatcher standing around in the playoffs, costing us goals/games, because he wasn't able to really play.  :glare:

puckloo39dom.jpg

"There is no passion to be found in playing small -- in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living."

Nelson Mandela - RIP  1918-2013

Better than Ever

#18 roboturner

roboturner

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 06:33 PM

I swear the number is cursed lol I think he should change his number in the off season.

If you think about it, it's just people trying to get away with wearing #9 in a Winged Wheel. The Hockey Gods have no patience for people exploiting loop holes

This might be getting a little heated. Just know I don't hate any of you guys.

That doesn't mean that I respect ideas & opinions. Some ideas & opinions are ridiculous.

In fact, if you confront my ideas & opinions, that will lead to a discussion. (We're on a discussion board after all. Don't forget that!)

:bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1:

#19 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,656 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 06:34 PM

Big surprise.  Our trainers failed yet again.

Fire these idiots!

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#20 MotorCityMadness

MotorCityMadness

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 06:37 PM

I'm not giving up on him...he will turn it around and be effective for the Wings next season

HEY HEY HOCKEYTOWN!