Photo
* * * * * 3 votes

4/9 GDT - Red Wings 3 @ Pens 4 (SO). Wings clinch playoff spot!

• Please log in to reply
647 replies to this topic

#1 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,274 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 03:43 AM

13733942973_7c1d6505bb_o.jpg

Detroit Red Wings Projected Lines

Abdelkader - Datsyuk - Franzen

Nyquist - Sheahan - Tatar

Helm - Legwand - Alfredsson

Miller - Glendening - Jurco

Kronwall - Smith

DeKeyser - Quincey

Kindl - Lashoff

Jimmy Howard

Pittsburgh Penguins Projected Lines

Kunitz - Cindy - Bennett

Gibbons - Jokinen - Neal

Glass - Sutter - Stempniak

Pyatt - Adams - Payerl

Martin - Orpik

Niskanen - Maatta

Despres - Scuderi

Marc-Andre Fleury

Just one point. 

The Penguins are banged up, this is a game we can pull at least a point out of. Bring your A game boys, get this win.

GO WINGS GO!!

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#2 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,394 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 03:47 AM

I hope they rest Sindy and we get one point :-)

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#3 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,914 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:33 AM

Hey guys!

Go Wings, get it done tonight!

I hate to be a buzz kill, but I think we need 2 points, not 1.  Hypothetically if we only got 1 point in the remaining 3 games, it would give us 91 points.  That would keep NJ from catching us, but Washington could win their remaining 3 games and also get 91 points.  But they would have more wins than us.  I am assuming that Columbus will win some more as well.  Looks like our math was a little fuzzy yesterday.  I hope Washington and NJ both lose at least one game to help us out, I damn sure don't want to go into St. Louis on Sunday needing 1 or 2 points.  How bad would St. Louis want to beat us that day to be the team to break our streak? Especially after all the playoff eliminations and season defeated we have handed them in the past.....ugh!  Lets just get our two points tonight against an ailing pens squad, if not then please lets win against Carolina, a game we should win anyhow...

Bring Fedorov Home For A Day!

He Needs To Retire A Red Wing.

When Gordie Leaves Us, the NHL MUST Retire The #9.

#4 nawein

nawein

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:37 AM

We have ROW the tie breaker over Washington. If we get one point they could win the rest of their games 10-0 and we would still be in.

#5 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,152 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Posted 09 April 2014 - 07:24 AM

Crosby sucks!

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

#6 wingedominance13

wingedominance13

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 07:49 AM

Just get 1! and Don't let neal cheapshot anyone.... 

#7 wingedominance13

wingedominance13

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 08:13 AM

also the rumor is Letang is returning tonight

#8 matt198913

matt198913

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 08:48 AM

Play hard back to back nights... Rough schedule for the wings with another team waiting for them. Get it done.

Smith with a goal assist and a play that makes you think huh.

3-2 Wings
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#9 WingsallTheway

WingsallTheway

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 09:47 AM

Letang is in tonight

wingsalltheway.jpg

Pavel datsyuk is the best player in the world because he snatches the puck from unsuspecting players and  follows it up by the simultaneous undressing of the defence pairing. The goalie then gives up, and flops like a fish. The end result is a calm skate back to his bench  where he can bask in the praise of his multiple girlfriends from the motherland.

#10 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,914 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:26 AM

OK, so I am a bit confused then....I thought the first tie break is number of wins? If that is the case, if we get a OT/Shootout loss for 1 point the rest of the season, we finish with 38 wins.  If Washington runs the board and wins all three of their games they will have 39 wins..... NEVERMIND! LOL! Wins are counted for both ROW and Shootout...and we have more ROW! Durt de Durt!

Lets go Wings!

Bring Fedorov Home For A Day!

He Needs To Retire A Red Wing.

When Gordie Leaves Us, the NHL MUST Retire The #9.

#11 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,524 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:40 AM

Tiebreaker:

1 - ROW (Detroit has this over Washington

2 - Head to Head (won't matter due to 1)

3 - Goal differential (won't matter due to 1)

Wings need 1pt to clinch, or 1 loss by Washington.

#12 wingfan1991

wingfan1991

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:05 AM

Tiebreaker:

1 - ROW (Detroit has this over Washington
2 - Head to Head (won't matter due to 1)
3 - Goal differential (won't matter due to 1)

Wings need 1pt to clinch, or 1 loss by Washington.

NJ too though

#13 Andrew Hasek 1986

Andrew Hasek 1986

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:12 AM

The Detroit Red Wings and Columbus Blue Jackets can clinch Stanley Cup Playoffs berths Wednesday, while the Anaheim Ducks can clinch the Pacific Division title. Here are the scenarios:

DETROIT RED WINGS

The Red Wings would clinch a berth in the Stanley Cup Playoffs if they get at least one point against the Pittsburgh Penguins.

COLUMBUS BLUE JACKETS

The Blue Jackets would clinch a berth in the Stanley Cup Playoffs if they defeat the Dallas Stars in any fashion.

ANAHEIM DUCKS

The Ducks would clinch the Pacific Division title if they defeat the San Jose Sharks in any fashion. That result also would clinch a first-round matchup between the Sharks and Los Angeles Kings, with the Sharks having home-ice advantage.

NOTE: A loss by the Red Wings in any fashion would clinch a first-round matchup between the Canadiens and Lightning, with home-ice advantage to be determined.

#14 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

Hall-of-Famer

• HoF Booster
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:37 AM

News is that Andersson is skating in the warm up in case someone can't go.  No word yet on who specifically, but I wonder if Alfie's back is acting up again.

Edit: It is being reported that Babs said that the potential injury scratch is not Datsyuk.

Edited by ogreslayer, 09 April 2014 - 11:58 AM.

#15 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,039 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 11:58 AM

We should be well rested after yesterday's game. Seriously, it looked like everybody was moving at half speed most of the game.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#16 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 12:03 PM

Hey guys!

Go Wings, get it done tonight!

I hate to be a buzz kill, but I think we need 2 points, not 1.  Hypothetically if we only got 1 point in the remaining 3 games, it would give us 91 points.  That would keep NJ from catching us, but Washington could win their remaining 3 games and also get 91 points.  But they would have more wins than us.  I am assuming that Columbus will win some more as well.  Looks like our math was a little fuzzy yesterday.  I hope Washington and NJ both lose at least one game to help us out, I damn sure don't want to go into St. Louis on Sunday needing 1 or 2 points.  How bad would St. Louis want to beat us that day to be the team to break our streak? Especially after all the playoff eliminations and season defeated we have handed them in the past.....ugh!  Lets just get our two points tonight against an ailing pens squad, if not then please lets win against Carolina, a game we should win anyhow...

Washington doesn't have the heart to win 3 games to make the playoffs.  They'll go 1-2.  As for tonight's game, I think the Wings surprise some people on here and win this game 4-1 with a full 60 minute effort and Glendening makes Crosby completely melt down.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#17 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 12:16 PM

News is that Andersson is skating in the warm up in case someone can't go.  No word yet on who specifically, but I wonder if Alfie's back is acting up again.

Edit: It is being reported that Babs said that the potential injury scratch is not Datsyuk.

Whew!

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#18 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 12:40 PM

For all the fear on this board of the Bruins, Neal's elbows scare me far more than Lucic's fists.

• ami likes this
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#19 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,483 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 12:42 PM

For all the fear on this board of the Bruins, Neal's elbows scare me far more than Lucic's fists.

That's legit.

The Penguins are a much dirtier team than the Bs. I guarantee one serious, dirty-play-related injury to a Red Wings if we have a long series vs the Pens.

Edited by rick zombo, 09 April 2014 - 12:43 PM.

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#20 ami

ami

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 12:50 PM

looks like Red Wings will play the 'most arrogant organization in NHL' in the first round of playoff. and tonight game worries me, as that organization wont hesitate to go after our player or players. they used to have cooke, it's succesfully been replaced with neal. kuniz is also in the same category of players.

that is a main concern for today game...

Neal has two elbows and two knees. just a reminder.