• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MabusIncarnate

4/9 GDT - Red Wings 3 @ Pens 4 (SO). Wings clinch playoff spot!

Rate this topic

13733942973_7c1d6505bb_o.jpg

Detroit Red Wings Projected Lines

Abdelkader - Datsyuk - Franzen

Nyquist - Sheahan - Tatar

Helm - Legwand - Alfredsson

Miller - Glendening - Jurco

Kronwall - Smith

DeKeyser - Quincey

Kindl - Lashoff

Jimmy Howard

Pittsburgh Penguins Projected Lines

Kunitz - Cindy - Bennett

Gibbons - Jokinen - Neal

Glass - Sutter - Stempniak

Pyatt - Adams - Payerl

Martin - Orpik

Niskanen - Maatta

Despres - Scuderi

Marc-Andre Fleury

Just one point.

The Penguins are banged up, this is a game we can pull at least a point out of. Bring your A game boys, get this win.

GO WINGS GO!!

Hey guys!

Go Wings, get it done tonight!

I hate to be a buzz kill, but I think we need 2 points, not 1. Hypothetically if we only got 1 point in the remaining 3 games, it would give us 91 points. That would keep NJ from catching us, but Washington could win their remaining 3 games and also get 91 points. But they would have more wins than us. I am assuming that Columbus will win some more as well. Looks like our math was a little fuzzy yesterday. I hope Washington and NJ both lose at least one game to help us out, I damn sure don't want to go into St. Louis on Sunday needing 1 or 2 points. How bad would St. Louis want to beat us that day to be the team to break our streak? Especially after all the playoff eliminations and season defeated we have handed them in the past.....ugh! Lets just get our two points tonight against an ailing pens squad, if not then please lets win against Carolina, a game we should win anyhow...

OK, so I am a bit confused then....I thought the first tie break is number of wins? If that is the case, if we get a OT/Shootout loss for 1 point the rest of the season, we finish with 38 wins. If Washington runs the board and wins all three of their games they will have 39 wins..... NEVERMIND! LOL! Wins are counted for both ROW and Shootout...and we have more ROW! Durt de Durt!

Lets go Wings!

The Detroit Red Wings and Columbus Blue Jackets can clinch Stanley Cup Playoffs berths Wednesday, while the Anaheim Ducks can clinch the Pacific Division title. Here are the scenarios:

DETROIT RED WINGS

The Red Wings would clinch a berth in the Stanley Cup Playoffs if they get at least one point against the Pittsburgh Penguins.

COLUMBUS BLUE JACKETS

The Blue Jackets would clinch a berth in the Stanley Cup Playoffs if they defeat the Dallas Stars in any fashion.

ANAHEIM DUCKS

The Ducks would clinch the Pacific Division title if they defeat the San Jose Sharks in any fashion. That result also would clinch a first-round matchup between the Sharks and Los Angeles Kings, with the Sharks having home-ice advantage.

NOTE: A loss by the Red Wings in any fashion would clinch a first-round matchup between the Canadiens and Lightning, with home-ice advantage to be determined.

News is that Andersson is skating in the warm up in case someone can't go. No word yet on who specifically, but I wonder if Alfie's back is acting up again.

Edit: It is being reported that Babs said that the potential injury scratch is not Datsyuk.

Edited by ogreslayer

Hey guys!

Go Wings, get it done tonight!

I hate to be a buzz kill, but I think we need 2 points, not 1. Hypothetically if we only got 1 point in the remaining 3 games, it would give us 91 points. That would keep NJ from catching us, but Washington could win their remaining 3 games and also get 91 points. But they would have more wins than us. I am assuming that Columbus will win some more as well. Looks like our math was a little fuzzy yesterday. I hope Washington and NJ both lose at least one game to help us out, I damn sure don't want to go into St. Louis on Sunday needing 1 or 2 points. How bad would St. Louis want to beat us that day to be the team to break our streak? Especially after all the playoff eliminations and season defeated we have handed them in the past.....ugh! Lets just get our two points tonight against an ailing pens squad, if not then please lets win against Carolina, a game we should win anyhow...

Washington doesn't have the heart to win 3 games to make the playoffs. They'll go 1-2. As for tonight's game, I think the Wings surprise some people on here and win this game 4-1 with a full 60 minute effort and Glendening makes Crosby completely melt down.

News is that Andersson is skating in the warm up in case someone can't go. No word yet on who specifically, but I wonder if Alfie's back is acting up again.

Edit: It is being reported that Babs said that the potential injury scratch is not Datsyuk.

Whew!

For all the fear on this board of the Bruins, Neal's elbows scare me far more than Lucic's fists.

That's legit.

The Penguins are a much dirtier team than the Bs. I guarantee one serious, dirty-play-related injury to a Red Wings if we have a long series vs the Pens.

Edited by rick zombo

looks like Red Wings will play the 'most arrogant organization in NHL' in the first round of playoff. and tonight game worries me, as that organization wont hesitate to go after our player or players. they used to have cooke, it's succesfully been replaced with neal. kuniz is also in the same category of players.

that is a main concern for today game...

For all the fear on this board of the Bruins, Neal's elbows scare me far more than Lucic's fists.

Neal has two elbows and two knees. just a reminder.

Boston's a respectable organization with some semblance of respect for the league and its players, Pittsburgh is not.

Neals knees/elbows/cross checks to the head, and god forbid if Cindy decides to start hacking at datsyuks knees, these thoughts bother me, especially since well probably meet them in the first round.

And if lucic fights you, he's standing toe to toe and fighting, not trying to wrestle you to the ground and bash your head against the ice. watching videos of crosbys "fights" disgusted me, he practically jumps people for taking offense to his cheap shots, grabs the jersey and pulls them head first into the ice before repetitively smashing down...

For a league so "concerned" with concussions im shocked they've given him such a long leash on this, even though he is their poster child.

But It is reassuring to know glendenning can effectively shut down Sid, and that his head can apparently withstand cross checks.

Edit: spelling.

And an addition to my rant.

Let's go wings.

Edited by jimmyemeryhunter

Reaaaally hoping the scratch isn't a big deal. Kronwall (got hit in the head)? Nyquist (got hit from behind)? *shudder* It's prolly Alfie tho.

As for the game - Statement. Game. Smash them to pieces, and then don't get injured when they look to goon it up. Monster is horrible against the Pens, but the Pens are struggling at home, and they won't have Malkin. So we've got a good chance tonight.

LETS GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!