• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Andy Pred 48

Next Seasons Needs/Team Future

Rate this topic

Blake Wheeler, 70 points - Not even worth a 3rd round pick

Tom Wilson, 10 points - UNTOUCHABLE

Makes sense to me!

for the package you listed is flat out retarded...that's why..in fact both trade scenarios you listed would get a GM fired...lol Burns..no thanks

It was more of an ideal world roster kind of situation, but we absolutely have the assets to make it happen. I suppose that I would trade Tater, Backman and our 2014 1st for Burns this year, call up Mantha, pulkkinen and marchenko, give all of our young players and Weiss a year to prove themselves, and then trade Nyquist, weiss, athanasiou and our 2015 1st for wheeler next summer.

Not sure why everyone got so offended, its not like that roster is impossible to achieve...

Maybe if we give the Jets Zetterberg and Datsyuk they'll give us Kane and their 2014 1st

If we could sign Hayes, draft Brendan Perlini, and swing a trade for the Caps' Tom Wilson, we'd have a crazy-bright future, up front and on the back end and in net (Mrazek).

use to watch Brendan's dad Fred play over here in the UK in the 90's, if he finds the net like his dad he'll be ok.

for the package you listed is flat out retarded...that's why..in fact both trade scenarios you listed would get a GM fired...lol Burns..no thanks

If you think Wheeler isn't worth more than a 3rd and Burns isn't worth more than a 1st and we should simply pass on a first-round pick UFA because we should and yet you'll report in every time Anthony Mantha scores a goal in junior and pencil him in alongside Datsyuk and Zetterberg on our first line and then say someone's trade suggestion is flat-out retarded...c'mon.

Just for information..

David Pagnotta ‏@TheFourthPeriod 1 Min.

In a conference call with the media, SJ GM Wilson says Dan Boyle will not be re-signed, and Martin Havlat will, presumably, by bought out

That is good news for us. I say we do 2 things to improve our D:

1) Time for Ken Holland to make a ballsy move. If he is willing to take a risk to sign an injury prone Stephen Weiss to a 5.5 million dollar deal for 5 years, then he should for sure be willing to take a risk to go after Torey Krug. Everytime I watch Krug play, he reminds me so much as Nick Lidstrom (offensively only of course). He keeps his game simple and always makes sure that he gets the puck to the net. Does not always feel the need to wind up for the big clapper, but he does know when he can. Either way, his shots always generates good scoring chances. I think Kenny should go all out for him and offer him a contract that Boston simply cannot match. IMO if we offer around 7 million, Boston can't match that. This is such a good move because it makes us a better team for many years, but as Zetty and Pav said they want, it makes us better NOW as well. Obviously it is a risky move, but I have little doubt we would benefit from this.

2) Then sign Dan Boyle to a cheaper contract for 1 or 2 years. He gives us some nice veteran experience on the blue line, right handed shot and, most importantly, gives us a better team NOW.

So now our Defense will look something like this:

Kronwall- Smith

Krug- Dekeyser

Ericsson- Boyle

Oulette

That is a MUCH BETTER blue line that will give the team a greater chance to win on a nightly basis.

3) Sign Gaborick or trade or get Hossa if available.

That would be pretty much all we can do, but look at what our team could look like with those moves:

Zetty- Pav- Franzen (use him as Homer net front)

Nyqyist- Weiss- Hossa

Alfie- Sheahan- Tatar

Jurco- Helm- Abby/ Glendending/ Miller

Kronners- Smith

Krug- Dekeyser

Ericsson- Boyle

That would be a very very good team and for sure would be our best lineup since 2009. The problem is kenny does not have the guts to make a bold move like that for Krug.

what do you guys think about trading Kindl for Engellang's right to Pens? We are getting rid of a clown and may sign a n ok 6-7 guy with a lot of toughness.

I like this a lot get him, sign Colton Orr or Frazer McLaren in the offseason because the Wings might not be willing to keep both. Also personally I think overpaying for Niskanen wouldn't be a bad thing, the guy had stretches where he was better than Letang.

1) Time for Ken Holland to make a ballsy move. If he is willing to take a risk to sign an injury prone Stephen Weiss to a 5.5 million dollar deal for 5 years, then he should for sure be willing to take a risk to go after Torey Krug. Everytime I watch Krug play, he reminds me so much as Nick Lidstrom (offensively only of course). He keeps his game simple and always makes sure that he gets the puck to the net. Does not always feel the need to wind up for the big clapper, but he does know when he can. Either way, his shots always generates good scoring chances. I think Kenny should go all out for him and offer him a contract that Boston simply cannot match. IMO if we offer around 7 million, Boston can't match that. This is such a good move because it makes us a better team for many years, but as Zetty and Pav said they want, it makes us better NOW as well. Obviously it is a risky move, but I have little doubt we would benefit from this.

2) Then sign Dan Boyle to a cheaper contract for 1 or 2 years. He gives us some nice veteran experience on the blue line, right handed shot and, most importantly, gives us a better team NOW.

Kronwall- Smith

Krug- Dekeyser

Ericsson- Boyle

Oulette

That is a MUCH BETTER blue line that will give the team a greater chance to win on a nightly basis.

That would be pretty much all we can do, but look at what our team could look like with those moves:

Nyqyist- Weiss- Hossa

Alfie- Sheahan- Tatar

Kronners- Smith

Krug- Dekeyser

Ericsson- Boyle

That would be a very very good team and for sure would be our best lineup since 2009. The problem is kenny does not have the guts to make a bold move like that for Krug.

I would take half of that if it was possible. Unfortunetly it will never happen, but I do see us pursuing Boyle, would really love to get Markov though.

I would take half of that if it was possible. Unfortunetly it will never happen, but I do see us pursuing Boyle, would really love to get Markov though.

No way does Markov leave the Habs and no way do the Habs let it happen. The thing about Krug, since he is RFA and holds out, then he can talk to Detroit like Weber came to an agreement with Philly. Lets face it, he grew up in Michigan, the Red Wings were his favorite team. SO if the Red Wings offered him around 7 million dollars, he probably doesn't say no to that. Then it all comes down to Boston being able / wanting to match that. I do not think they could match that. If we went to 7.5 or 8, there is no way they could possibly match that even if they wanted to. Yah we would lose some 1st round picks, but so what. Not like those typically benefit us anyways. I just wish Kenny would take that chance as it would truly make our team great again.

Just for information..

David Pagnotta ‏@TheFourthPeriod 1 Min.

In a conference call with the media, SJ GM Wilson says Dan Boyle will not be re-signed, and Martin Havlat will, presumably, by bought out

Kronwall- Smith

Krug- Dekeyser

Ericsson- Boyle

Oulette

Nyqyist- Weiss- Hossa

Alfie- Sheahan- Tatar

Kronners- Smith

Krug- Dekeyser

Ericsson- Boyle

Offer Krug $7 mil. Unless you mean over 3 years and not per season, that is the single dumbest idea in the history of hockey.

Boyle is old and slipping. Gaborik is injury prone and one dimensional. Marchenko and Jurco would both be better ideas. Hossa would cost a top prospect and is signed too long.

Offer Krug $7 mil. Unless you mean over 3 years and not per season, that is the single dumbest idea in the history of hockey. Boyle is old and slipping. Gaborik is injury prone and one dimensional. Marchenko and Jurco would both be better ideas. Hossa would cost a top prospect and is signed too long.

Clearly Krug is going to be an ELITE dman. IF you can't see that then you are blind. Offering him 7 million over 3 years would do us nothing as boston could easily match that. Like I said, it is taking a risk, but in the world of professional sports, sometimes the best thing to do is take a risk. Our team has been getting worse every year since 2009. Now we have the kids coming up. Hopefully Pav and Hank stay healthy, god knows the Hockey Gods should leave us alone after this past season. But by taking a risk to sign Krug to 7 million, I guarantee he becomes a mainstay on our roster and will become the elite dman that many project him to be. Those who are unwilling to make good risks in this business aren't going to last. This is a good risk and would show Kenny's desire to become an elite team once again.

Clearly Krug is going to be an ELITE dman. IF you can't see that then you are blind. Offering him 7 million over 3 years would do us nothing as boston could easily match that. Like I said, it is taking a risk, but in the world of professional sports, sometimes the best thing to do is take a risk. Our team has been getting worse every year since 2009. Now we have the kids coming up. Hopefully Pav and Hank stay healthy, god knows the Hockey Gods should leave us alone after this past season. But by taking a risk to sign Krug to 7 million, I guarantee he becomes a mainstay on our roster and will become the elite dman that many project him to be. Those who are unwilling to make good risks in this business aren't going to last. This is a good risk and would show Kenny's desire to become an elite team once again.

Torey Krug was undrafted. Literally NOBODY projected him to be an elite defenseman. Now granted, he's had a real nice year, but given that he has no track record of success I think 7 million is WAY to much to give the guy.

You're looking at the best case scenario, and I do love an optimist, but there's a whole lot that could go wrong giving an undersized, system defenseman, a HUGE contract after only one good season.

Edited by kipwinger

If you think Wheeler isn't worth more than a 3rd and Burns isn't worth more than a 1st and we should simply pass on a first-round pick UFA because we should and yet you'll report in every time Anthony Mantha scores a goal in junior and pencil him in alongside Datsyuk and Zetterberg on our first line and then say someone's trade suggestion is flat-out retarded...c'mon.

so is trading 4 players and a 1st for wheeler when his cap hit is 5.6 mil over the next 5 years..no thanks

No way does Markov leave the Habs and no way do the Habs let it happen. The thing about Krug, since he is RFA and holds out, then he can talk to Detroit like Weber came to an agreement with Philly. Lets face it, he grew up in Michigan, the Red Wings were his favorite team. SO if the Red Wings offered him around 7 million dollars, he probably doesn't say no to that. Then it all comes down to Boston being able / wanting to match that. I do not think they could match that. If we went to 7.5 or 8, there is no way they could possibly match that even if they wanted to. Yah we would lose some 1st round picks, but so what. Not like those typically benefit us anyways. I just wish Kenny would take that chance as it would truly make our team great again.

They need to resign Gionta, Vanek (Maybe), Eller, Weise, Markov, Subban (8 million minimum), Emelin, Weaver, Murray / Bouillon

They have 26 million in cap space to do so. That's with the cap going to 71 million and Montreal spending the cap.

Edited by darkmanx

Torey Krug was undrafted. Literally NOBODY projected him to be an elite defenseman. How granted, he's had a real nice year, but given that he has no track record of success I think 7 million is WAY to much to give the guy.

You're looking at the best case scenario, and I do love an optimist, but there's a whole lot that could go wrong giving an undersized, system defenseman, a HUGE contract after only one good season.

He came into the league during the playoffs, against the best goalie in the NHL, Henrik Lunquivst and scored like 4 times that series, and ever since then has been a mainstay on that team. He is so good that their coach opted to play him on the point on the 1st PP unit to allow Chara to go to the front of the net, which made their powerplay much more improved. Usually I would agree with you. But like I said, sometimes when things are this good, you take the risk. The cap is going up to 70 million and, within a coupe years is projected to be around 80 million. Worse case scenerio is he regresses a bit but with the cap going up so much it isn't like it would cripple us. Best case, and most likely scenerio, we take this risk and it pays off because everything I see from this guy tells me he is going to be a mainstay on whichever team he is on for years.

I really like the prospect of getting Boyle on a short-term deal. I also believe that alfy will be back and those will be our only two UFA signings. I also really hope that mantha makes this team.

Zetterberg-datsyuk-mantha

Franzen-Weiss-nyquist

Tatar-sheahan-jurco

Abby-helm-alfy

Kronwall-smith

Dekeyser-Boyle

Big e- marchenko

Howard

Mrazek

Krug at $7M...

Ya that's just simply an insane idea. Your not only paying that horrible contract,but your paying the compensation

I'm out

He came into the league during the playoffs, against the best goalie in the NHL, Henrik Lunquivst and scored like 4 times that series, and ever since then has been a mainstay on that team. He is so good that their coach opted to play him on the point on the 1st PP unit to allow Chara to go to the front of the net, which made their powerplay much more improved. Usually I would agree with you. But like I said, sometimes when things are this good, you take the risk. The cap is going up to 70 million and, within a coupe years is projected to be around 80 million. Worse case scenerio is he regresses a bit but with the cap going up so much it isn't like it would cripple us. Best case, and most likely scenerio, we take this risk and it pays off because everything I see from this guy tells me he is going to be a mainstay on whichever team he is on for years.

So an undersized defenseman with a good shot and offensive instincts, very little physical game to speak of, mediocre stats everywhere he's played besides this year, and is decent defensively is worth 7 million a year and 4 first round picks to you? You've got to be kidding. Am I saying he won't be good, no, because I think he will be a good offensive defenseman. Am I saying a guy with his game benefited from being on big bad bruins? Absolutely. Protection from a hard forecheck helps any defenseman and not being roughed up all the time does too, especially the small ones.

He may be good, he'll never be an elite defenseman in my mind because elite defenseman play like elite players at both ends of the ice. Lidstrom, Suter, Weber, those guys are elite defenseman. And there's only one I'd give up 4 first round picks and 7 million a year to have.

I'm not even going to touch Krug @ 7 million per...

As far as Boyle being done in San Jose, I would definitely give him a shot on a short-term deal. 1-2 year(s) maximum, paired with DeKeyser, preferably. Should help Danny round out his game, and will be an asset on the PP. In the meantime, management can figure out what they have in Sproul and/or Marchenko and decide whether or not they'll have to grab a more reliable RH defender. Seems like a Holland plan, and actually makes sense in the short term, IMO.

Offer Krug $7 mil. Unless you mean over 3 years and not per season, that is the single dumbest idea in the history of hockey.

Boyle is old and slipping. Gaborik is injury prone and one dimensional. Marchenko and Jurco would both be better ideas. Hossa would cost a top prospect and is signed too long.

Agree with the krug offer but I like the Boyle signing , he's the one I want .... We need a veteran dman who can get the puck out and can play offence

Yes he's old but He's perfect because he won't cost us any assets and in a year or 2 guys like ouellet sproul etc will be ready for a lot more responsibilities