• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Detroit # 1 Fan

Best Hits from the Playoff Streak

Rate this topic

Just saw this on youtube, felt it was appropriate on the eve of the playoffs getting going. (Not for us but...whatever)

Shawn Burr was a hell of a hitter in the early 90's, and Vladdy was a ******* beast. Damn shame we didn't get to see more of his playoff hits.

I really miss all those open ice hits by Konstantinov. Burr was a monster, but I can't figure out how those guys survived all those hits by Vlad. It's kind of sad to see how many of those hits were possible because guys had their heads down, probably admiring their stick work.

Yea those were some awesome hits, even from the likes of Maltby and Draper. I think it's a product of how much faster the game is now that we're not seeing quite as much of this. Who knows, it always ramps up in the playoffs though.

With good reason. Some of those looked mighty close to undercutting people, clipping knees, and there's no place in hockey for crushing someone into the boards when they're 4-6 feet away from the side- especially the bench. That's asking for some serious head/neck/face injuries. Why don't we see them anymore? Because we now know that hits like that lead to PERMANENT and DETERIORATING brain disorders.

I get as pumped up as the next guy when I see a crushing hit, but you know what? That's not my brother/father/friend who, thirty years from now, will have a hard time writing his name or remembering mine because of hits like that.

With good reason. Some of those looked mighty close to undercutting people, clipping knees, and there's no place in hockey for crushing someone into the boards when they're 4-6 feet away from the side- especially the bench. That's asking for some serious head/neck/face injuries. Why don't we see them anymore? Because we now know that hits like that lead to PERMANENT and DETERIORATING brain disorders.

I get as pumped up as the next guy when I see a crushing hit, but you know what? That's not my brother/father/friend who, thirty years from now, will have a hard time writing his name or remembering mine because of hits like that.

post-15275-0-17906500-1397651304.jpg