• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

#41 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,796 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 01:38 PM

Well it would be nice to see tootoo for a game if we are up 3-0 and put him out there at the end and bash the rest of his nose in.

Tootoo would probably get manhandled due to size differences. I think its best we just let them do their thing and we keep on chugging along. Let them get distracted trying to be physical. 

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#42 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 01:40 PM

@reporterchris: For what it's worth, Milan Lucic could have been fined a maximum of $10,000 under the NHL's CBA.

So he didn't even get the max fine.  Joke.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#43 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 01:43 PM

The same fine as for Legwand when speared Malkin.

Not a surprise.They are trying to pull Canucks on us,but as long as our boys keep composure and temper,I'm confident we can win the series.

....like when Smith death staring at Marchand the whole game :lol:

Edited by pucktividi, 19 April 2014 - 01:43 PM.

#44 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,435 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 01:50 PM

Pretty sure he got it from HF.  Someone posted pictures and all that jazz with that joke.

Actually no I didn't. I was referencing Sarah conners tweets but that's not a hard joke to come up with considering all the because it's the cup commercials the nhl did. I went on the Bruins hfboards after the game to see what they were saying about the game, but I don't usually go on there, and I never go on the wings one because I can't stand most of the people that post there.

#45 plopster

plopster

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 01:51 PM

Tootoo would probably get manhandled due to size differences. I think its best we just let them do their thing and we keep on chugging along. Let them get distracted trying to be physical. 

Yeah. I just really prefer to see people get what's coming to them. Nothing pisses me off more than someone acting like that. Total chicken s***. If you can't win straight up be a big enough man and accept it. Trying to hurt people like that? That's what D Mac was for. I know we all enjoyed seeing Claude and the entire Avs team get their asses handed to them that night. Maybe not this series, but I would love to see Boston get theirs at some point.
mccarty3

#46 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,435 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 01:52 PM

Win the series and then send Corey and Trevor out to pants Lucic in the handshake line....

Love the trailer park boys reference :)

#47 MTU_Huskies963

MTU_Huskies963

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 02:01 PM

Basically the league saying do it again and maybe we'll suspend you. When they should be saying do it again and we'll give you 3 games rather than this 1 game. The NHL almost dares players to do stuff like this, because they know they won't get suspended.

#48 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,435 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 02:05 PM

Basically the league saying do it again and maybe we'll suspend you. When they should be saying do it again and we'll give you 3 games rather than this 1 game. The NHL almost dares players to do stuff like this, because they know they won't get suspended.

Ya , he's a repeat offender and he clearly hasn't learned his lesson from his small fines. It would be like us getting a parking ticket. Maybe emmelin and dekeyser shouldn't have been such chicken s***s and stopped being such babies about their man parts amiright?!?!?

#49 _SP_

_SP_

Rookie

• Pip
  • 165 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 02:08 PM

What a joke.  Totally irate right now.  So what happens when they take Datsyuk's knee out in game 3?  We just layed the ground work for dirty plays = minimum fines, no suspension.

#50 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,435 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 02:14 PM

What a joke.  Totally irate right now.  So what happens when they take Datsyuk's knee out in game 3?  We just layed the ground work for dirty plays = minimum fines, no suspension.

Don't be ridiculous. A Datsyuk knee injury will result in the maximum fine of $7,500 or something to that effect, that will send the right message

#51 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,121 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 02:19 PM

Can the Wings player put 'money on the board ... $5K' for the guy who butt ends Lucic in the nuts?

#52 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

http://redwingsandotherthings.wordpress.com/

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,503 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 02:28 PM

Can the Wings player put 'money on the board ... $5K' for the guy who butt ends Lucic in the nuts?

Not legally.

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!

#53 MTU_Huskies963

MTU_Huskies963

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 02:33 PM

Can fans start a kick starter to pay for the fine of the player that spears lucic? lol

#54 saven

saven

Rookie

• Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 02:42 PM

So if next game we dressed Bert and he straight up went all Moore on his a** the league would suspend Bert for life but nothing for an obvious attempt to injure ...... Got it. Come in NHL the rest of this sports world is lol ing at you
In explanation of my avatar: for those who understand no explanation is necessary, for those who don't google federko.

#55 Hairy Lime

Hairy Lime

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 02:48 PM

Ah, the old "turn the other cheek" approach. The Quakers endorse it, I hear. D-Mac, Shanny or Kocur, even past his prime, would have dropped Lucic. 

#56 _SP_

_SP_

Rookie

• Pip
  • 165 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 02:51 PM

Anyone know how much Lidstrom's surgery cost?  That's gotta be on the internet somewhere... that should be the amount of the fine, right?  Also, how does a penalty during the game = game misconduct, but when it's caught on national television during the broadcast AND replayed over and over for people all around the world who might not have even been watching the game only = .0008% of his salary?   

#57 plopster

plopster

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 02:54 PM

Sport has become so pussified. Where are all the men in this game like Mac, Shanny, Kocur, Stevens, Krupp, Hull and all those guys? WTF happened? Hell even Yzerman would take people out when necessary and he was a skill player.
mccarty3

#58 Bully76

Bully76

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 03:00 PM

Here's TSN's take on it, the Lucic spear and the Dats goal.   

http://www.tsn.ca/Vi...=72&show=328020

Spearing is a 5 mins and a game if called in a game.  

1. F*** Milan lucic - pulling that cowardly garbage and then looking around for the ref to make sure he got away with it.

2. "I've run out of words, so we won't say any more." 

"If I had a dime for every time I was wrong, I'd be broke."

-Stephen Colbert

#59 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 03:10 PM

Actually no I didn't. I was referencing Sarah conners tweets but that's not a hard joke to come up with considering all the because it's the cup commercials the nhl did. I went on the Bruins hfboards after the game to see what they were saying about the game, but I don't usually go on there, and I never go on the wings one because I can't stand most of the people that post there.

I don't usually go there either.  Just saying...that's what I thought.

http://hfboards.hock...5&postcount=588

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#60 Phil Lesh

Phil Lesh

Silver apples in the sun.

• PipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 03:15 PM

Lucic fined $5,000, what af****** joke.