23 replies to this topic

#21 SDavis35

SDavis35

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 10:17 PM

only one I could find

I never noticed Franzen was actually tying up the Bruins player's stick so Datsyuk could grab that... I thought he had just flubbed the pass and Datsyuk made the most of it. Took all three forwards of that line to put that puck in, awesome!

#22 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,364 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 03:21 AM

I never noticed Franzen was actually tying up the Bruins player's stick so Datsyuk could grab that... I thought he had just flubbed the pass and Datsyuk made the most of it. Took all three forwards of that line to put that puck in, awesome!

He did just flub the pass. He then tried to get the Bruins guy stick in a panic so they couldn't break in. The only time Franzen being s*** helps the Wings.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

#23 lwing

lwing

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 11:10 AM

I sometimes wonder if all of Datsuyk's skill with the puck doesn't overshadow his amazingly sick wrist shot. In all the YouTube highlight reels you can see him make tons of these beautiful wrist shots. When he takes one he looks different than any other player. Is it the long stick, the way he almost always makes one or two moves before firing on off, the way he follows through...? He's just so darn... fluid or... something. Whatever it is, it's fun to watch and I want to see more. Good work by all the linemates there, but we need to see more of giving this guy what he needs. I think Abby is working hard, Franzen... could work harder and smarter IMO. To me it seems obvious. If you are fortunate enough to be put on that line your job is to do everything you possibly can to unleash #13.

#24 Wheelchairsuperhero

Wheelchairsuperhero

Wizard

• PipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 12:26 PM

I sometimes wonder if all of Datsuyk's skill with the puck doesn't overshadow his amazingly sick wrist shot. In all the YouTube highlight reels you can see him make tons of these beautiful wrist shots. When he takes one he looks different than any other player. Is it the long stick, the way he almost always makes one or two moves before firing on off, the way he follows through...? He's just so darn... fluid or... something. Whatever it is, it's fun to watch and I want to see more. Good work by all the linemates there, but we need to see more of giving this guy what he needs. I think Abby is working hard, Franzen... could work harder and smarter IMO. To me it seems obvious. If you are fortunate enough to be put on that line your job is to do everything you possibly can to unleash #13.

I think you got it with fluid, that's how I always describe it. Or just plain smooth. Everything he does down to the skating is fluid. No one else looks like him out there.