• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

FlashyG

ADQF | Game 3 | Boston 3 @ Detroit 0, BOS leads series 2-1

Rate this topic

This team needs to change either the coach or GM. Some kind of fresh change is needed in the philosophy. The players don't respond to Babcock anymore, so that's a place to start . Bring in Laviolette.

Holland will probably never be fired. I do blame him more than Babcock, but it just won't happen. Kenny will have to step down himself. Kinda like a samurai acknowledging his failure and dishonor.

You seem to get a hard time here, but I am not a homer wearing red tinted glasses kneeling at the altar of Holland is a Genius God Who Can Do No Wrong. I agree with many things you say. Kudos for staying tough with all the nasty playground crap you take here.

As for Babcock, he has good qualities, but when it comes to line combinations and adaptability he is playing checkers when the game is chess.

I'm not as frustrated with this game as most, because this game, this sloppy horrible embarrassing play, was long in the making and is the direct result of Holland having no plan, no strategy, no adaptability, no creativity, no resourcefulness and basically no clue for years. There is always some excuse on why we can't put together a team. He tried to buy a D, but that failed. What did he do after? Nothing. He doesn't know how to anything except pay for it, but those days are gone. Meanwhile I see plenty of other well developed teams like the one embarrassing us tonight. They all have the same cap and the same pool of players to choose from, so what's the deal? Holland is a house of cards. He has ridden the coat tails of our scouts, coaches, star players and an unlimited checking account pre cap. With all that (or most of it) gone, this is what he brings us. The kids deserve all the credit for making the playoofs, but they were thrown into all this by mistake, not by design, because there was NO design. Don't bother telling me about injuries. Of course Hank is a killer, but an entire team doesn't collapse to making minor league mistakes when the captain is down. Where are Cleary and Samuelsson tonight, Holland's big off season... what, I guess... re-acquisitions? Were those too mediocre has-beens his only option? Seriously, do you believe that? There was nothing else he could do, nobody else to pursue, trade, deal...? Oh wait, my mistake, there is Alfredsson bringing all that skill, experience and leadership to the ice this series. Yea, he was Holland's idea too. What a genius.

The thing is, that's basically what got this team to the playoffs.

The line of Nyquist, Franzen, and Legwand got us to the playoffs. That's it. And they have yet to play one single second together over the two debacles that have been games 2 and 3.

Edited by kipwinger

Outside of game 1, we have been all perimeter. Not skating hard, not retrieving pucks. Rask and Rinne are ridiculously similar... I hate to say it but the Wings aren't giving me anything that says otherwise.

this game does not bode well, for sure

we really needed to come out tonight and push back after game 2, but instead the lackluster, tentative play has grown more contagious

I don't know if Babcock has them over thinking things out there or what, but they just look so unsure of themselves and aren't functioning as a 5-man unit, to put it mildly